Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help diagnose truck's problem !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:35 AM
tnmtnmn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help diagnose truck's problem !!!!

I need help diagnosinga problem. I have a 2000 F-350 crew cab 4x4 w/7.3L practically stock other thana leveling kit and 315 tires. I had toreplace the high pressure oil pump seal and primary fuel pump seal in 2009. Theguy said it was the first time he had replace the seals, usually it was a badpump he replaced. This was about the time the price of a gallon of diesel wasso high, so I put stock tires back on it for better MPG. But since thereplacement of the seals the truck has not had the power it did or got the MPGsit did with stock tires. It use to launch you back in the seat with a littlemore foot to the pedal, now it is a slow steady acceleration that does not setyou back in the seat like it once did. I also usually pull a 16 ft livestocktrailer with about 5500 to 6500 lbs live weight to the stockyard. Pulling lightgrades the pedal to the floor 55 mph, no turbo kicking in, the truck will pullbut lacking ½ to 2/3 the power it use to have. I have had it checked by aformer ford diesel tech that opened his own shop and builds pulling trucks. Hesaid the truck met all factory specs, the only thing he could find was a faultin the 8<sup>th</sup> injector pressure fluctuating, so we put a new injectorin it but no change. He suggested a programmer might bring it back to life. SoI decided to make some changes to help then to. I had him put on a diamond eyedual 4 in. exhaust and a volant cold air intake and Radcliff’s oil and fuelcrossover lines. Well I tried three of SCT’s programmers and a Hypertechprogrammer. I had the best results out of hypertech with a lot lower rpms, but harderto start with the truck programmed on either programmer and still no powerincrease. I took it to a Ford dealer and had the computer reflashed, nodifferent. Recently while inquiring about my problem, someone mentioned thehigh pressure oil pump may have gotten out of time when the seals werereplaced, another person said it could be a torque convertor getting weak,another guy questioned the turbo no kicking in or a waste gate. Does anyonehave any ideas what my problem is or has anyone experienced the same problem andwhat can I do to fix it? I would like to get the truck fixed back to its originalpower then try to get a little more power with a programmer or chip. I wouldappreciate any ideas on what is causing it and how to fix it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>