Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Project PARTS help - Who has, where can I get, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Project PARTS help - Who has, where can I get, etc...

Just like it reads - a thread to throw some feelers out to anyone who may have new or used stuff we need for our pet toys

(and it's always cheaper to trade for stuff )

Note: I always try to build serpentine belt engines - consequently I have a whole bunch of extra pulleys and stuff for smallblock ford

Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Okay Wolfie I'll bite. And hope I do it right as I think yer asking us to list project parts we have, That we no longer have a project for.

I have lots of parts for mid 80's to early 90's Rangers.
In the Buy and Sell on here I just listed a rear fuel tank from a dual tank ship. It was bought for an 87 but will work in both older and newer. It's new and to good to scrap And as I looked for one for over a year I believe it to be very rare. Unless someone is repoping them now since I bought mine.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'm looking for a decent deal on a set of flex-dipsticks right now myself for my own madness (89 V8 Ranger). JEGS has em listed at about $150 for both, but I think I can do better somewhere...

That tank sounds like a thing I want for my other chassis though. I wonder if it would be worth it to ship all the way from Alaska?

Old 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
If I remember right Dutch It cam from back east to me for around 20 bucks. If you are truly interested in it I will call the P.O. with it's dimensions and get a shipping quote to Wolf country Tn. When I posted it here on FTE I was thinking of you and your V8 Ranger Project.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Does it have the mounting straps? Not that I can't fab something up...

In my long/short range plans I want to give the frontline ride extra capacity to run across country with as few stops as possible so that when I finally get up and running again I can make it to all of the places and see all of the folks I have been yakking with on here for 10+ years...

Besides, if I ever go to Oregon again I want to carry enough gas to get past the rip-off stations I remember along it's southern border

How much do you want for it?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
I tore up my back yesterday where I had surgery. Having a hard time getting around. The straps are in the back of the wreaked Ranger stored about an hour away. The tank is here as is a used pump that the gauge don't work on. I have an annual inspection today on my home rental so gonna be busy round here but soon as the P.O. opens I'll call them and get the cost for shipping. I'll send ya a PM with with the price, or ya can look up the ad I have on here.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I saw your PM, and yeah - let's do this. There's no way the tires I plan to run would fit in the stock spare tire carrier anyway, and in fact I have never had to use a spare, since I keep a complete plugging kit aboard at all times with an air pump that runs on 12V

Old 05-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
CASH SENT, TANK ON WAY!!!

~Wolfie

PS: MODs and ADMINS:
Can this thread be made sticky please?
It seems to be working...

Old 05-08-2013, 12:40 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
I got the Ranger tank loaded in the Bronk for the trip to town tomorrow. Hope I remember to swing by the storage yard and grab ya the straps. Bout $35.00 to ship it to Wolf Country TN. So aint no big thing.

If anyone has a 66 F most anything. I got most all the Custom Cab trim off and packaged from my F350. I got a bright grill that is very good also. I just need help to back up the bolts to get it off. Kid busted out the gauges glass so they prolly aint worth pulling. Oh, and the front fenders are dented but no rust out on them. Inner fenders got a little on top is all. I don't know what else anyone may want off her so ask and I can let ya know. It's got a good running FE and a four speed. Needs clutch. Rear end is good. 16 inch 6 hole wheels with split rings. All with radial tires and tubes. All hold air and four have about 70% tread, Two about 45%. Doors are good and window registers as well.

Hey Dutch I still have some specialty tools left over from back when I was running the Auto repair shops. Could they be listed here? Just thinking of things that may keep this thread going. Like you I see it could be a good thing and work well right along with the Buy & Sell, For Sale thing I have never had any response to.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
* I see it as all of that, but also as more of a FREE FORM sort of a hotrod swap and shop. Less focused on any one year or thing.

Doing custom can mean any kind of interior stuff - out of or into anything, and with whatever horsepower-per-poundage...

You never know what someone else might just need!

** I got the dipsticks I was after - one flexible, the other steel. The steel one is for the engine block, and saved me over fifty bucks.

~I wonder if anyone needs a set of Desoto door handles, off of a '53 Firedome. I just saw them again today...
Yeah! I should picture these up later. A matched pair of left and right hand in good condition!

(My den is haunted by my Pop's old wheels) It looks like they'll polish right up. The inner sides below-

I also talked to Dee, across the way. The SVO Mustang tank he pulled is in his storage shed, so it'll be there to compare with.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll play. I have a passenger side tail light for an obs in perfect shape

Old 02-28-2014, 01:14 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Whats an obs?

Old 02-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
OBS. Old body style. It's all 92-97 F series trucks

Old 02-28-2014, 05:34 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
I see. Makes sense. Guys I got a truck load or better of good parts here that just need to
go away. Really an Army Bus full of parts and specialty tools I will never use. I hope to
be able to sort it out this spring and basically give it all away for shipping cost.

So stay tuned as there is some really good chit.
Graywolf knows how I roll.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Any parts for 87-96 ford trucks

Quick Reply: Project PARTS help - Who has, where can I get, etc...