Sponsored by: Moser

bronco buckets in a f150 dent

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Desarata
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile bronco buckets in a f150 dent

I'm a newbee at this but I just installed 1992 full size bronco seats in my truck.
what made it easy was a mount from jbg a corbeau part # 27532 this takes the place of the bench seat and allows you to mount any bucket to the tracks supplied. No welding just maybe some drilling of holes in the mount to match the seats. you know I have been reading everything about seats for our trucks and not having a welder or torch. this worked

Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Do your buckets have headrests??? I am interested in this mod cuz I see tons of big Broncos in the 'yard.

How about posting some pics too!!??

Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Desarata
Junior User
Well Yes and NO

The bronco seats don't have head rests as such But they are highback seats so it think you would say the head rests are built into the backs.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Desarata
The bronco seats don't have head rests as such But they are highback seats so it think you would say the head rests are built into the backs.
That'll work.

But c'mon man... Throw us a bone and post up some pics of how it is installed. Pick N Pull's "weekly special" is 20 percent off all seats so this would be an opportune time for many of us to go hunting if they look and fit right.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 PM
1975MudRat
Post Fiend
Yea! What he said!! I wanna see some pics! I have thought about this big I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Desarata
Junior User
Red face Photos

today I'll be finishing up the seat install so I will take some photos. And since I'm new to the forums I have never uploaded photos so it make take a day or so to make that happen

Old 05-01-2013, 06:03 AM
MAULMAUL
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Corbeau mount works great. The only downside is that it goes all the way across so you have to put a console in the middle or something to cover the rails up. I just used Corbeau seats, but I would have liked Bronco seats much more if I had known that they would work. Good job and I look forward to the pictures as well. Welcome to the Board by the way. It looks like you already have great information for us.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Desarata
Junior User
Red face Thanks

Yea the mount goes across the cab But when I bought the bronco seats I got the center console to go with them. Looking at the corbeau frame, It's my opinion that just about any bucket seat would work with a little tweeking the only prob I see is height some of the power seats might be to high

bty the corbeau mount comes with two sliders for which I had to drill two holes in my seat frame to mount them and drill two holes in the frame for each seat because the bronco seats were 2" wider that what corbeau seats are at least in the mount area.
I will take out the seats today and will photograph the mount bolted to the floor and how the seats fit.

I really like that I did not have to drill holes in the floor pan or beat on it with a big a$$ hammer

Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Desarata
Junior User
I've uploaded photos to album called "my seat change" My photos were to big, had to make smaller (file size) don't know how to post so that you can click on them

Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Desarata
I've uploaded photos to album called "my seat change" My photos were to big, had to make smaller (file size) don't know how to post so that you can click on them
.......Enter HIO Silver !

the pencil marks one of four holes I had to drill
the inside tracks were in the right place but had to move the outside ones out 2 inches to fit the seats.

using Ford mounting and bolts

same height as bench seat
... and there you go.

Awesome. Thanks for the pics. I'll have to fab one up.

Btw, I'll immortalize this thread in the next update of the Tech Thread sticky!!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 12:56 AM
co425
Cargo Master
Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Damn. I am seriously thinking about a set of corbeau Moab seats. May have to look for a set of Bronco seats though.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:28 AM
abyars111
Elder User
Desrata, how are you liking those Bronco seats? Do you sit about the same height?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Desarata
Junior User
Red face yes i am

the seats are the right height, I'm 6' and I have about 4" above my head to the head liner. I'm now looking for power (6way) for even more adjustment .

And almost any seat I get will bolt to the sub frame that's in place.
btw I bought the seat frame from bronco graveyard in case you are wondering.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 PM
abyars111
Elder User
Thanks. I'm going to look at a set of 1991 Bronco buckets this weekend. That frame looks great. I'm keeping my stock steering wheel and didn't want my legs jammed into it. Everything fits just right now with my stock bench.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:39 AM
abyars111
Elder User
Desrata, can you give me a measurement of that Corbeau frame? I want to know how wide it is and the front the rear measurement. I called Corbeau but the don't have any dimensions. They said that one is built when an order is placed and they only have a jig they assemble. I think they could put the jig together and and measure it but they are unwilling. My welder fell through and looks like this bracket will work for my purpose.

Quick Reply: bronco buckets in a f150 dent