Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Chevy And Dodge Rule: Ford Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2000, 02:58 AM
Ozzie
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read his post a little more closely. He's using a 351W manifold w/ 351W heads on his 302. I believe it's possible in the 1/4 to take the Camaro. Either way, I'd still like to see your 1/4 times, Mocky. Keep truckin, man.

Joseph Osborn
70 F-100 Flareside
302 V-8 3spd stk

Old 06-15-2000, 05:34 PM
VanMan
Freshman User

Putting 351W heads on a 302 doesn't mean that you can put a 351W manifold on it. Aint no way! I've been a Ford lover since I bought my first car ('55 Ranch Wagon) way back in the mid 60s. I'm a mechanic by trade, but sadly work mostly on GM cars & trucks on company time, but I know the ins-and-outs of both. The 302 is a fine engine, but no match for a LS1 'vette engine....wheather it's in a Z or SS. The 302 CAN be built to compete against those hi-tech hot-rods but GET REAL!! A lead-sled like a F-100 with the aerodynamics of a refrigerator box is no competition for the sleek Camero. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending GM products, but their clunky trucks do earn me lots of $$$ and provide me with job security.... they can break down just being parked in the garage!!

Old 06-16-2000, 06:59 AM
Ozzie
Junior User

I admit defeat.:-) I mistakenly thought you could use the 351W manifold, but after thinking about it, it would still be too wide for the heads, even if they were on the 302.(I believe?) I learn something new on this site everyday. But I still think it's possible for Mocky to take the Camaro. Even a quick engine can't make up for lack of driver skill. Of course, if Mocky would be so kind as to tell us what his 1/4 time was, it would go a long way in removing doubt from everybody's mind. Of course, I admit that my 302 is slow as hell. But sure is fun to drive, either way.

Joseph Osborn
70 F-100 Flareside
302 V-8 3spd stk

Old 06-17-2000, 01:42 PM
lvstang
Senior User

Glad you realized your wayword post. LOL. Please understand I love Fords, I build them and I occasionally race my '97 Cobra. I don't care if you're the worst driver in the world, a 302 truck with those mods and especially with the wrong intake manifold(LOL again) could not take a LSI Camaro or Firebird. I have great respect for those cars and spouting crap like this makes Ford owners look bad.

Post your times please, my guess is mid 15's or higher.

Old 06-17-2000, 02:47 PM
mocky
Senior User

hi gang, sorry gone so long, lets get right to it.. if you read my post, i told you we do not get time slips because we cannot use the timing equip. at the track. can only use it if we were sanctioned. do get the starting tree & the win light, this was at a run what you brung grudge night, i just happened to get a good launch im sure. the camaro spun the tires, but still made a go at it, and was approx a car length behind me at the line. now maybe destroyed was a little harsh, but, i did get there first, and thats all that counts.. as for the motor, as far as i know, it is the trucks 302 block, crank, & pistons. 351w heads and an edelbrock 351w performer intake, that i picked up at a swap meet. the guy had tons of intakes, i told him what i wanted this is what i believe he gave me. it was my understanding that the stock 302 intake wouldnt fit with these heads so i changed it..now i'll have to look at the old one to see if i got a 302 or 351 intake on the thing. a street demon carb, summit timing gear, a 292H cam with rhoads lifters, and headers. the truck has a locker in the rear, and is a short bed. and it runs like a raped ape.(sorry ken) i plan to run the truck at the ford motorsport nationals at the same track so i can get a slip and see some numbers myself.. i will let this board know of my findings on the intake, i dont make claims that are false, and if im wrong i'll admit it to you guys.. later, mocky

Old 06-17-2000, 06:53 PM
lvstang
Senior User

Please understand I'm not mocking you(pardon the pun) Here are some facts on Ford interchangeability. I think you alredy know 302 and 351 blocks have different deck heights so there is NO WAY the intake manifolds are interchangeable. from '69 to '74 the 351 heads used an L shaped water passage and an extra manifold bolt so throw those out. In '75 they dropped the extra bolt but used the same L shaped water passage. You could use these but they had the same valve size and big chambers of their 302 brothers. In '77 302 and 351 heads became common except for head bolt hole size. There are some high perf. GT-40 iron heads and truck heads but my point about all this is bolting on "351" heads doesn't give you any performance gain unless you've decreased chamber size, increased valve size, done some bowl and port work etc.. Which you can do to any head. Except for a 60cc 1969 351 head that won't fit without a little work you gain nothing from 351 heads. You're just as well off using E7 302 H.O. heads which were the 351 truck heads if you're staying with stock heads.

Now to grudge night. Were you racing a 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile track? Please understand that even with GT-40 heads(better then any stock 351W head) Cobra spec cam, fuel injection(maybe a little less peak horsepower but more useable torque) etc. The '93 Mustang Cobra put out about 245ish horsepower at the flywheel. The new LSI's put out nearly 300 horsepower AT THE REAR WHEELS.

I'm not flaming you I just am puzzled because I know the LSI's will beat my '97 305 HP Cobra at the track and if your truck with those mods will beat my car.....well let's just say it aint gonna happen.

Take it easy. Ford forever but let's not let our mouths write checks are cars/trucks can't cash.

Old 06-29-2000, 02:54 AM
mocky
Senior User

yea buddy, old fords rule!!! hey pal, the point is i got to the finish-line first. if you got a problem with my 71 F-100 winning against a Z-28, then go to a chevy site. on second thought why dont you trade your mustang in on a Z-28, since you like'em so much, then someone can enjoy that mustang the way its supesed to be enjoyed.
now; the intake i find out is an edelbrock performer RPM but it is 302. i did say that the Z spun the tires, and he was there at the end, 1/4 mile. -sentence removed-!!!!! and its MOCKY no E ... type it right or dont type it at all, i didnt like the tone of your reply, i made a mistake, unknown to me. i thought i got what i asked for, obviously the guy that sold me the intake knew what i needed and just gave me this intake. B.T.W. last weekend it ran a 13.82 @ 101.398 mph. with a slip that says so...

Old 06-29-2000, 01:27 PM
lvstang
Senior User

I could care less what you like or don't like. You obviously don't know Fords if you thought you had a 351 manifold on a 302. You're a BSer and give Ford people a bad name with your lack of respect for the competition.

Old 07-01-2000, 03:40 AM
mocky
Senior User

--sentence removed-- answer this question, are you upset cause i finally produced a timeslip which has a good time are you always this ignorant.. and i really dont care either way. if you cant except the fact that my 71 F100 did 13.82 @ 101.398 then too bad.

p.s. hey #####, who's moookey, and whats with the stick.

i am sorry ken but i dont need this clown bustin my ----- on your site, i like it here, and enjoy your site very much. ----Note added by Ken: Mocky, you're gone. Our standards are too high to allow your abuse and trash talk.

Old 07-01-2000, 10:20 AM
VanMan
Freshman User

If you like this site so much, why would you flame someone who questions your outrageous claim? Your time-slip sounds legitimate... it's just not easy to believe it was produced by a 3800 pound naturally aspirated lead-sled burning pump gas.

Old 07-01-2000, 11:37 AM
lvstang
Senior User

I'll try not to respond to this obvious hot head.
I'm thinking you see the same things I do. The first post about, "us ford owners with our higher INTELAGENCE" should of been my first clue of the "intelligence" we were dealing with. Then the part of "destroying" an SS camaro that was later a Z28 and then later was a car length made an eyebrow raise. The 351 manifold on a 302 was a laugher and a 750 any brand carb on a 302 really raises my suspicion on the ability and BS factor of our super truck racer. Any one can quote a time slip, I just have serious doubts about a 302 3 speed truck being as fast as current Ligtnings, Cobras and destroying Z28's. I thought I questioned these claims in a polite manner and what I've learned is when people get hot it's usually because they were found out.

Do you ever watch South Park? Mookey sticks was what the school counsler called turds.

Old 07-01-2000, 12:19 PM
mocky
Senior User

---more immaturity removed by the Admin--- i'll tell you what since you know so much, heres what i'll do. you and everyone else who has a problem with what my truck ran. sorry ken, i was nice til im called a liar, i will remove myself from this site... i do not like that i made one mistake and now im a "turd" and a liar, if you cant deal with the numbers too bad the slip is real and if i had a scanner i'd e-mail a copy to you but i dont so i cant... agaain sorry ken and i hope to come back on this site someday, maybe when the chevy owners and earnhardt fans are gone. see ya... (Comment by Admin: Don't come back until you've learned that the truth can set you free and when you've studied the golden rule.

Old 07-01-2000, 07:04 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mocky has had his account deactivated for obvious reasons. Too much abuse and too many fishing stories.... sigh... the people you have to deal with sometimes..... :-(

Ken Payne
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Admin
[img src="/clipart/logosmall.gif"]
(Click on Profile/Signature to add your own custom signature)

Old 07-25-2000, 04:54 AM
redridersf100
New User

ATTN; FORD FANS, IF KEN DOESNT LIKE WHAT YOU SAY HE WILL CENSOR YOU. WE REALLY DO LEARN SOMETHING NEW HERE EVERYDAY... BOYCOTT THIS SITE... LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK...

Old 07-25-2000, 08:44 AM
VanMan
Freshman User

Mocky asked to be removed (read his post). Being this IS Ken Paynes site, he should have editorial control of the content and keep the foul-mouthed trouble makers and cry babies in their place. It makes for a more credible site to discuss Fords. Collectively, we're a knowlegable sophisticated group of truck owners, and when someone makes an outrageous claim, we'll call them on it.

Quick Reply: Chevy And Dodge Rule: Ford Sucks