Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super duty mirrors on 92-96 body style?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Broncos Dave
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Towing mirrors Looking for a wire diagram link on this Ford can anybody help me"

Need help on wiring diagram towing mirrors link on this Ford truck
Originally Posted by pacific101
I did read thissolution I've outlined, I went this route because it does allow me to retain functioning wing windows, and the finished mirrors installed appearance cosmetically looks great on the older Ford trucks. I ran into this same issue recently. I sold my 03 F350 SD diesel truck and kept my 97 F250 Diesel truck and wanted to add some of the features from the 03 to my 97, the mirror situation being one of a few. I've never been a fan of the "ape hanger mirrors" that Ford put on their older trucks, where I live they are a rust magnet and are always coming loose, make way for rust buildup in my doors and I wanted an alternative. I got online and ordered a set of telescoping mirrors and was ready to install them when I realized that there was no way it was going to happen because of the wing windows. I felt more than a little stupid for not putting that together before ordering, but that's how I roll lol. Anyways I'm also not easily defeated so I broke out the laptop and google search and went to work on finding a solution. I located a guy on fleabay that sells custom cut metal plates that weld in to the corners of and that allow for installation of the newer style telescoping mirrors. I did have to send my Ford mirrors back because his plates are cut to fit the older style Fords but are adapted to the GMC mirrors which are identical with the exception of the bolt pattern and that they don't have so much access on the backside to contend with when installing them. He provided me with a video that step by step shows how to install them, when done, cosmetically they look great and work perfectly and best of all the wing window goes back in and stills always good to me on charges anyways, to put them in and paint everything up so it flushes with my truck and keeps it looking nice. I'm not bragging, too much anyways, lol, but my truck is a head turner, I get compliments on it all the time, my wife calls it my mistress and she isn't wrong. I really love it, I've driven Ford trucks all my life and this is the 3rd blue an white I've owned and I'm thinking will be my last, with no intentions of ever parting company with it. I hope this helps someone else. feel free to message for more specific details. I just want to be careful not to promote businesses in a forum, some really frown on that and I want to get off to a good start around here. There are photos of other trucks that have gone this route, but I'll wait until my truck is out of the shop and post them for folks to look at and decide for themselves if they like the look or not. I picked my truck up from the body shop this morning,, it took them 3 hours to do the job, he said that the next time it wouldn't take as long after doing it once. I am as pleased as I can be with the outcome. I had them insert black plastic plugs in the holes where the old ape hanger metal mirrors were mounted, I'm going to be adding stripes down the sides soon that will cover all of that up. The black in the white body will be painted white to match and not be an eye sore. I am posting a few photos for everyone to look at. I was happy to see that I still have good visibility in my wing windows, they both open and close plenty enough to provide air flow if I want and I personally am really happy with the way they look on my truck. Last but not least I have a great set of towing mirrors that provide a great view of the traffic along side of me and pull out plenty far enough to accommodate anything I might tow behind me. Comments, opinions and questions are welcome. I realize they might not be fore everyone, but for those who are looking for an alternative to the ape hangers I think I did good.

taken from drivers side of the passenger window inside the truck.

a picture of the drivers side mirror from outside the truck facing the mirror side. .

a picture of the drivers side mirror standing in front of it looking at the backside of the mirror.

a picture of the passenger side of the backside of the mirror, I think it shows the wing window appearance better than the one of the drivers side. there is a lot of the wing window still apparent.

a distance picture so that you can see the overall appearance of the truck with the mirrors installed. I'm not knocking other methods, but this is the one I like best from what I've looked at.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Golflsmith
New User
How'd you figure out to wire them up?

How'd you wore them up? Use the controls from the donor truck?

QUOTE=pacific101;16295020]I did read this thread prior to deciding on the solution I've outlined, I went this route because it does allow me to retain functioning wing windows, and the finished mirrors installed appearance cosmetically looks great on the older Ford trucks. I ran into this same issue recently. I sold my 03 F350 SD diesel truck and kept my 97 F250 Diesel truck and wanted to add some of the features from the 03 to my 97, the mirror situation being one of a few. I've never been a fan of the "ape hanger mirrors" that Ford put on their older trucks, where I live they are a rust magnet and are always coming loose, make way for rust buildup in my doors and I wanted an alternative. I got online and ordered a set of telescoping mirrors and was ready to install them when I realized that there was no way it was going to happen because of the wing windows. I felt more than a little stupid for not putting that together before ordering, but that's how I roll lol. Anyways I'm also not easily defeated so I broke out the laptop and google search and went to work on finding a solution. I located a guy on fleabay that sells custom cut metal plates that weld in to the corners of the wing windows, and that allow for installation of the newer style telescoping mirrors. I did have to send my Ford mirrors back because his plates are cut to fit the older style Fords but are adapted to the GMC mirrors which are identical with the exception of the bolt pattern and that they don't have so much access on the backside to contend with when installing them. He provided me with a video that step by step shows how to install them, when done, cosmetically they look great and work perfectly and best of all the wing window goes back in and still opens and closes, if you like to use them, I don't but it looks nice that way. I talked with our local auto body guy this morning, he figured about two hours labor, maybe three but he's always good to me on charges anyways, to put them in and paint everything up so it flushes with my truck and keeps it looking nice. I'm not bragging, too much anyways, lol, but my truck is a head turner, I get compliments on it all the time, my wife calls it my mistress and she isn't wrong. I really love it, I've driven Ford trucks all my life and this is the 3rd blue an white I've owned and I'm thinking will be my last, with no intentions of ever parting company with it. I hope this helps someone else. feel free to message for more specific details. I just want to be careful not to promote businesses in a forum, some really frown on that and I want to get off to a good start around here. There are photos of other trucks that have gone this route, but I'll wait until my truck is out of the shop and post them for folks to look at and decide for themselves if they like the look or not. I picked my truck up from the body shop this morning,, it took them 3 hours to do the job, he said that the next time it wouldn't take as long after doing it once. I am as pleased as I can be with the outcome. I had them insert black plastic plugs in the holes where the old ape hanger metal mirrors were mounted, I'm going to be adding stripes down the sides soon that will cover all of that up. The black in the white body will be painted white to match and not be an eye sore. I am posting a few photos for everyone to look at. I was happy to see that I still have good visibility in my wing windows, they both open and close plenty enough to provide air flow if I want and I personally am really happy with the way they look on my truck. Last but not least I have a great set of towing mirrors that provide a great view of the traffic along side of me and pull out plenty far enough to accommodate anything I might tow behind me. Comments, opinions and questions are welcome. I realize they might not be fore everyone, but for those who are looking for an alternative to the ape hangers I think I did good.

a picture of the drivers side mirror from outside the truck facing the mirror side. .

a picture of the drivers side mirror standing in front of it looking at the backside of the mirror.

a picture of the passenger side of the backside of the mirror, I think it shows the wing window appearance better than the one of the drivers side. there is a lot of the wing window still apparent.

a distance picture so that you can see the overall appearance of the truck with the mirrors installed. I'm not knocking other methods, but this is the one I like best from what I've looked at.
[/QUOTE]

Old 06-05-2017, 12:19 AM
Woodsgirl
New User
Ford F350 mirror upgrade

Originally Posted by pacific101
I did read this thread prior to deciding on the solution I've outlined, I went this route because it does allow me to retain functioning wing windows, and the finished mirrors installed appearance cosmetically looks great on the older Ford trucks. I ran into this same issue recently. I sold my 03 F350 SD diesel truck and kept my 97 F250 Diesel truck and wanted to add some of the features from the 03 to my 97, the mirror situation being one of a few. I've never been a fan of the "ape hanger mirrors" that Ford put on their older trucks, where I live they are a rust magnet and are always coming loose, make way for rust buildup in my doors and I wanted an alternative. I got online and ordered a set of telescoping mirrors and was ready to install them when I realized that there was no way it was going to happen because of the wing windows. I felt more than a little stupid for not putting that together before ordering, but that's how I roll lol. Anyways I'm also not easily defeated so I broke out the laptop and google search and went to work on finding a solution. I located a guy on fleabay that sells custom cut metal plates that weld in to the corners of the wing windows, and that allow for installation of the newer style telescoping mirrors. I did have to send my Ford mirrors back because his plates are cut to fit the older style Fords but are adapted to the GMC mirrors which are identical with the exception of the bolt pattern and that they don't have so much access on the backside to contend with when installing them. He provided me with a video that step by step shows how to install them, when done, cosmetically they look great and work perfectly and best of all the wing window goes back in and still opens and closes, if you like to use them, I don't but it looks nice that way. I talked with our local auto body guy this morning, he figured about two hours labor, maybe three but he's always good to me on charges anyways, to put them in and paint everything up so it flushes with my truck and keeps it looking nice. I'm not bragging, too much anyways, lol, but my truck is a head turner, I get compliments on it all the time, my wife calls it my mistress and she isn't wrong. I really love it, I've driven Ford trucks all my life and this is the 3rd blue an white I've owned and I'm thinking will be my last, with no intentions of ever parting company with it. I hope this helps someone else. feel free to message for more specific details. I just want to be careful not to promote businesses in a forum, some really frown on that and I want to get off to a good start around here. There are photos of other trucks that have gone this route, but I'll wait until my truck is out of the shop and post them for folks to look at and decide for themselves if they like the look or not. I picked my truck up from the body shop this morning,, it took them 3 hours to do the job, he said that the next time it wouldn't take as long after doing it once. I am as pleased as I can be with the outcome. I had them insert black plastic plugs in the holes where the old ape hanger metal mirrors were mounted, I'm going to be adding stripes down the sides soon that will cover all of that up. The black in the white body will be painted white to match and not be an eye sore. I am posting a few photos for everyone to look at. I was happy to see that I still have good visibility in my wing windows, they both open and close plenty enough to provide air flow if I want and I personally am really happy with the way they look on my truck. Last but not least I have a great set of towing mirrors that provide a great view of the traffic along side of me and pull out plenty far enough to accommodate anything I might tow behind me. Comments, opinions and questions are welcome. I realize they might not be fore everyone, but for those who are looking for an alternative to the ape hangers I think I did good.

I am wanting to update my mirrors on my F-350. was wondering the name or contact on the wing window plate for the grade mirror. Thanks email vwatkins68@gmail.com

Old 06-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Seriously? You guy need to lean how delete images when quoting someone

Old 06-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
Seriously? You guy need to lean how delete images when quoting someone
I was literally about to say that until I saw your post

Old 06-06-2017, 05:18 AM
GuitarJesus
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I kept seeing the same images, over and over. I thought I was having an epileptic seizure.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:31 AM
HardScrabble
Temporarily Deactivated
It is a conspiracy, propaganda to make you think those mirrors look good.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Delonte Richmond
New User
Originally Posted by Broncos Dave
Need help on wiring diagram towing mirrors link on this Ford truck
Hi Do you have the guys number or email where you got the metal plates from that go in the corner? Taelitlle@yahoo.com

Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Mi-Cyn
Freshman User
found this site for the adaptor plates

https://www.5280customfab.com/products/

Old 03-29-2018, 05:59 PM
beaugus0477
New User
would like details on mirrors, the hole plugs and install. truck looks great, by the way. I also own a 1997 F250 7.3L and never want to give it up no matter how many people ask. Thanks

Old 05-30-2018, 09:51 AM
Batman7777
Elder User
Old 07-07-2018, 01:00 PM
cindylouwho1966
New User
Where did you get the brackets? I would love to do this to my 96 F250, I hate the slide on mirrors that I'm having to use when I pull my trailer.
Thanks,

Old 05-03-2020, 06:46 AM
PA Sign Man
New User
cid:01E8419E-BA27-4DB6-A0B4-DEDF565AE68F@hsd1.pa.comcast.netcid:01E8419E-BA27-4DB6-A0B4-DEDF565AE68F@hsd1.pa.comcast.net

Old 05-03-2020, 09:59 AM
merc460
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is were I got my brackets.
https://cpaddict.com/

Old 01-08-2021, 12:26 AM
Carson Chambers
New User
I know this is an old post but what body shop did you go to Pacific? This looks like a cool idea, though I would probably still go with the Super Duty mirrors, maybe even the newest style, dunno how they would fit.