5.0L Coyote 5.0l Ford OHC Coyote engine for 2011+
Old 11-21-2014, 06:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

What's a good catback exhaust system for the 5.0 f150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 12:17 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Same muffler, wider, longer tips, and beveled edge. It's a little throatier and I like it. And really inside the cab it isn't bad at all. I can talk to the person in the front seat, and don't have to raise my voice.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:59 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Sounds good Bob. Although if were me, I'd want it so that I'd HAVE to speak up to talk to the person next to me. That way when the wife wants to start telling me I'm wrong about something, all I have to do is tromp on the throttle and I won't hear a dang thing she's saying.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:49 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paredneck33
Sounds good Bob. Although if were me, I'd want it so that I'd HAVE to speak up to talk to the person next to me. That way when the wife wants to start telling me I'm wrong about something, all I have to do is tromp on the throttle and I won't hear a dang thing she's saying.
I do, understand that, really do.
When I want some noise I take Ka'Bluey out for a ride, like I did yesterday when the wife took my 2013 to work.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:56 AM
bryanknie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put the Stainless Steel Gibson Dual Sport cat back on mine, both pipes come out just behind the right rear tire in the stock position. I like the look as everyone has dual coming out the back.

Sounds great, nice deep and throaty around town and under acceleration, on the freeway at cruising speed you don't hardly know it is there.

Installed easy and it fit good.

I think I paid around $650 for the stainless version it was also less expesive than many of the others.

Been on my 2015 5.0 a year now, no issues and I love it. I have always been a flowmaster fan on all my fords. I went for this system due to the price and I would get another Gibson system on my next truck.

Bryan

Old 02-03-2017, 09:05 PM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a 2013 5.0 w/a Cat-Back Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust System by LEGATO
& I will have to admit this is by far the best sounding system I've ever had in a Gas'r g

Here is the Link :
https://legatoperformance.com/collec...t-cat-back-kit

Here's my review:

I am super pleased with this system, the install was painless, in fact I spent more time measuring/adjusting to make sure everything looked exactly the same on both sides, prior to tightening all the fasteners, then I did installing everything...lol
I only had 2 minor inconveniences, after the install was complete, I had a small exhaust leak at the inlet and both outlets of the muffler. Legato cuts like a Z line at all these spots & the cut is too deep for the pipes or band clamps to cover, so I had to tack weld all 3 spots. Then the included hanger broke after only 2 days, so I had to go get a normal heavy rubber one. Not sure what the included one is made of but its hard plastic resin of some kind, anyway it sucks.
Again only 2 minor complaints which were easily made up for, considering the price I paid & best of all, the sound this system produces! The sound produced is very deep & for a lack of a better term, thumps. What I like best about the sound, is that it does NOT have that stupid excessively loud cracking sound (like an old glasspack) it's instead very mello/deep.
I have had so many different brands of boxed systems over the years & I must say this is the best sounding system I've had on a gas engine. Incredible v8 sound that's quiet while idling, then absolutely comes to life the instant the throttle is touched & best of all, NO Drone while crusing, just as your guy promised me.
Thanks for making an incredible system at a realistic price !!

Old 02-11-2017, 02:46 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan to install a Borla system, either a S Type or Touring, I love the ATAK sound, but as I'm getting a little more age on me, it would get bothersome after the newness wore off.
Anyone have any experience with either above system?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:35 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Received 243 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
I plan to install a Borla system, either a S Type or Touring, I love the ATAK sound, but as I'm getting a little more age on me, it would get bothersome after the newness wore off.
Anyone have any experience with either above system?
I've got the SType. ZERO drone, and a nice sound. A very low rumble at highway speeds, just barely heard. Get on it, and you certainly know it's there. No offensive snap, crackle or pop. At warm idle, it can be heard at the tailpipes, but just enough to let you know it's running. An excellent system for a daily driver, and everything fits with no mods needed.
Oh, I'm 66, an olde guy too.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:29 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by johnday
I've got the SType. ZERO drone, and a nice sound. A very low rumble at highway speeds, just barely heard. Get on it, and you certainly know it's there. No offensive snap, crackle or pop. At warm idle, it can be heard at the tailpipes, but just enough to let you know it's running. An excellent system for a daily driver, and everything fits with no mods needed.
Oh, I'm 66, an olde guy too.
Thank you!
I debated on the Touring, but I'd hate to get it and regret it because it's too mild. Like I said, I love the ATAK, no drone there either, but man it's loud! Alot of snap crackle and pop with that one!

Old 02-12-2017, 07:17 AM
johnday
Cargo Master
Thank you!
I debated on the Touring, but I'd hate to get it and regret it because it's too mild. Like I said, I love the ATAK, no drone there either, but man it's loud! Alot of snap crackle and pop with that one!
I thought the Touring would be too mild as well. The SType now uses the ATAK muffler, with a resonator installed upstream. I've thought about removing the resonator to see how I'd like it, but want to replace it with the original stainless. I contacted Borla about a pipe that would do that, but they could only recommend taking it to a shop and have them do it. I would, except shops in my area said they couldn't get 304.
BTW, the Ford performance exhaust IS a Borla. The only difference is the tips have the Ford logo instead of Borla.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:31 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Corsa has a resonator delete pipe for a stock exhaust, might work.. its 304 SS Tubing. Bolts to the factory downpipe, costs like $215.00 though.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:07 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Corsa has a resonator delete pipe for a stock exhaust, might work.. its 304 SS Tubing. Bolts to the factory downpipe, costs like $215.00 though.
Yow!! That's an idea though. I think I need 3" pipe.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
I really hate to say this, but that price is insane especially when the material cost about $30.......

Visit a muffler shop and for probably $100 they will fab & install one up for you and you won't even get your hands dirty!

Old 02-14-2017, 06:06 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Beechkid
I really hate to say this, but that price is insane especially when the material cost about $30.......

Visit a muffler shop and for probably $100 they will fab & install one up for you and you won't even get your hands dirty!
Ya, that price is totally out of line.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:52 AM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mitch, the new F150 looks gorgeous

But what happened to the beautiful Diesel you had

I really like my F150, but I really miss my Diesel some days

Old 02-15-2017, 11:05 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by King-bRanch
Mitch, the new F150 looks gorgeous

But what happened to the beautiful Diesel you had

I really like my F150, but I really miss my Diesel some days
Some unexpected changes in employment, with all the turmoil in the oil & gas industry the last few years I've had to change employment, new employer doesn't have company vehicles. I used the SD for a couple of jobs but it just wasn't practical to travel in as I have to. I love the new truck, but I do miss the diesel.....by the time I had gotten rid of it, I was pushing about 600 HP at the wheels...was about to upgrade the turbo when everything went to s**t. It's taken everything in me NOT to start slapping go fast mods on the F150...

Quick Reply: What's a good catback exhaust system for the 5.0 f150?