6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Did I get shafted or can someone help me fix this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:24 PM
madsctowner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Did I get shafted or can someone help me fix this?

I am new to this site. I didnt want to scroll for hours to find nothing so I am making my own post. so there i was in 08 bought a brand new 2008 f-250 black extended cab long bed diesel. shortly thereafter i found out about the dreaded DPF system luckily still had some money to buy a S&B cold air intake, down pipe back exhaust and a SCT livewire 9625 (I believe) that would let me delete the DPF and EGR on my 2008. Then about a month ago I rolled it coming out of the driveway at my new house I was devestated. But took what I got from the insurance and found a 2010 f-250 black full 4-door long bed I was able to get my air intake and tuner and tune from my old truck. I bought the new exhaust and and started installing it and midway through I took a break and figured that would be a good time to install the tune. THEN IT HAPPENED the tuner would not recognize my truck I got on the phone with SCT and was told to update the firmware and then the tune revision. So I did. Not thinking anything about it having to ask me if i deleted the DPF i installed the "new" tunes and I took it for a spin i didnt make it very far before it tryed to start cleaning the exhaust filter. now that I have done a little bit of research apperently SCT no longer lets my tuner do the DPF delete or egr delete. What I really want to know is if im gonna have to buy a new tuner or is someone out there nice enough to email me a tune that has the dpf delete on it. But what I do know is I will be on the phone with SCT and Rudys trying to get this nightmare sorted out and if I am forced to buy a new tuner what non-SCT product would be the best to own?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Maybe I can help a little. Welcome to the forum, hope you hang here a bit. Lots of good info on here. I don't know much about SCT but the EPA is doing a number on the makers of delete capable tuners. Edge was the first to announce they were out of the "race" tuner business, according to the EPA web site they were given a big fine, 500,000 buckaroos I think. H&S followed them and quit about two months ago. H&S now only sells "street" tuners. So, SCT may have the EPA looking over their shoulder or maybe they just want to go ahead and reform before they are forced to. There are a couple things still going on. Spartan is as far as I know still selling "off road" tuners. There are still some unsold H&S minis and Black Maxxes at some of the speed shops There is also a DPF-R still being sold on EBAY. It's a no frills delete tuner. But you don't need the frills, your SCT will do all that stuff. And, there is a thread on this site from about a week ago titled "H&S lives, or something like that. It is about a speed shop selling H&S "street" minis and reprogramming them to "off road". So, I'm guessing if you look around there is someone doing that for the SCTs. If you have to buy a new tuner it will cost you big time. I'd suggest looking on the craigs list for all the major cities. I sold an edge race tuner last winter. Had it listed in the Fort Myers Craigs and a guy from Pittsburg bought it. Hope this helps and good luck.