Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Hesitation at constant speeds

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
jeffreyt
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey I'm still laughing about it. And I get off at 4:30, and wouldn't you know it, it's that time now! Out the door to fire up Tex...

Old 06-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Roadkingjimmy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It been a few hectic weeks and I still am having issues which is why I haven't updated. I have replaced the trailer/RV connector and while doing that found lots of "exposed and bare" wiring which I soldered and shrink wrapped; so the wiring at the rear of the truck bed is looking good now along with a new RV/trailer (7 pin) connector OEM from Ford to include the wiring harness.

I still have an A/C issue blowing default to the defroster. I replaced the A/C, vent, etc... selector switch (which didn't fix anything) and have affirmed that the most likely problem is vacuum (as suggested on this thread). I have checked out as many vacuum hoses as possible (behind glove box, to hubs, engine compartment, etc...) and they all seem "ok". What I did uncover was my vacuum pump not engaging. I removed the hose to the vacuum reservoir and turned the vehicle on - no pumping. I also started the vehicle and again - no pumping from the vacuum pump. Thinking this was the problem I purchased a new one and installed it. Turned the vehicle on and again - no pumping. So, now I am thinking I have an electrical problem or perhaps a grounding problem. Does anyone know if the vacuum pump is controlled by a relay or any other electrical junction besides the fuse box? If you read the beginning of this thread while traveling I replaced the fuse in slot 28 (which controls the vacuum pump) many times; however when getting home I put a new fuse in (10a) and haven't had any problems since (weird I know). Just wondering why the vacuum pump is not engaging? Could it be another switch like the 4x4 selector?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Roadkingjimmy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well - I feel like a dummy but the problem is fixed. I had a bad connection to the vacuum pump. The old vacuum pump was bad; and when I installed the new and "re-checked" the wiring I found it wasn't making a good connection. As soon as I secured the connection that pump ran wild and my A/C problems went away.