N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

New Member! Diesel Dan

Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
New Member! Diesel Dan

Hello all,

We have another new member to our family, Diesel Dan (no relation to Tiger Dan) has decided to join the Nor Cal chapter. Welcome Dan! I am sure you will enjoy your stay here.

Jim

Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 409 Likes on 271 Posts
Howdy folks! I thought I might get a PM after signing up, but now checking back here I see the welcome mat rolled out

So not sure what normal introductions go like here, but I'll give it a quick shot (to be honest I should have joined the region years ago....)

It's just me (Scott) and the wife (Sally) and no kids. We name all our cars and half the inanimate objects around the house too -- So the truck is Diesel Dan, but we usually just call him Dan. We're both retired and live in a small town outside of Auburn named Cool. Anyways we have some cats and a couple of horses and I used to ride but my back just won't take it so it's really just Sally that rides now. We do go horse camping with friends and groups we've gotten to know (hence the slide-in camper). Other than that we both were taking up golfing and tweaked both backs. Mine still is not ready to swing a club but my wife is getting out pretty often. Hopefully I will too soon.

Well that's the short and sweet of it. While I used to wrench on cars a bit, I'm now down to doing just basic maintenance. You'll usually find me hanging out in the 6.0 forum and every once in a while in the Expedition forum.

I'm currently planning some preventative stuff for the 6.0 but will need to find a good diesel tech -- I'd really prefer an independent shop. So if any of you know someone that specializes in Ford diesels and the 6.0 in particular, pretty much from Sacramento to Auburn and above or out Placerville way, I'd be grateful to hear back on them. I'll try to check in here more often too...

Cheers!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 683 Likes on 396 Posts
Welcome aboard Scott & Sally!! We have a meet planned this summer at state fair so when you have minute check out thread. Hope to see ya`ll there.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 AM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the chapter! I'm a firm believer that with some preventative work and being treated well a 6.0l can be a damn good truck

Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome. I like Cool. Nice to have another member. Jag

Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! Not to far from my neck of the woods. Just don't go to the dealer for servicing !

Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Scott, fancy meeting you over here. As you have probably seen, I have a 6.0 too. Now that my warranty has run its course, I now use the same 6.0 tech whom I mostly trusted to do the warranty work at the dealership. Difference is, he does side work and only charges $55 per hour. He's super 6.0 savvy and is an honest guy to deal with. If you are interested, he is in the Carson City Nevada area. It would be a couple of hours drive for you but might be worth it to have a good and affordable tech. I'll share. There's lots to do over here too, if you wanted to make a weekend out of the trip as well. Let me know if you want to meet him and I'll hook you up.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:09 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 409 Likes on 271 Posts
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Hey Scott, fancy meeting you over here. As you have probably seen, I have a 6.0 too. Now that my warranty has run its course, I now use the same 6.0 tech whom I mostly trusted to do the warranty work at the dealership. Difference is, he does side work and only charges $55 per hour. He's super 6.0 savvy and is an honest guy to deal with. If you are interested, he is in the Carson City Nevada area. It would be a couple of hours drive for you but might be worth it to have a good and affordable tech. I'll share. There's lots to do over here too, if you wanted to make a weekend out of the trip as well. Let me know if you want to meet him and I'll hook you up.
Hi Tim! Boy I sure wish your guy was closer... I still may have to consider him. I've only gotten One recommended 6.0 tech that's local and it was from a friend, not the forum. Problem is I'm not happy after talking to this guy and some of the procedures he follows. I think I may ask the 6.0 forum -- there has to be some good techs in the Sacramento area...

Good luck with your head issue -- that sux to have something like that crop up at 100K...