Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2015 F-150

Old 01-01-2014, 01:51 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 F-150

Hi All,
Getting close, should be at Detroit auto show.
Anybody else excited to see what's up for the future ?

Old 01-01-2014, 05:21 PM
cford716
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought they were having issues with the aluminum body and the 2015 F-150 was not going to be at the show. ??

Old 01-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 664 Likes on 435 Posts
I'm really looking forward to it!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:10 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Me too on both parts!!! And I have read that the truck will be unveiled on the 13th at the D A S.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 AM
CGiron
Senior User
I am pretty sure that this V6-engine will have a block made of CGI. Compacted Graphite Iron , the same material that is used in the Super Duty 6,7 l V8 diesel. It will be the first time it is used in a volume-V-petrol engine.

Why I think that?

Well The CEO of Sintercast wich is the provider of the foundry tech of this CGI , Stewe Dawson, said in an interview in a Swedish paper at 7th Nov, that :

“It is therefore important to find new engines which technology is appropriate for use and there is a next, very exciting stage, as Steve Dawson, however, is very secretive om. It´s for a change on a V engine run on gasoline that is likely to be launched at the Motor Show in Detroit in January.
Ought reasonably to have come from a manufacturer that already use SinterCast technology and those who do, most today are Ford (seven motors), Audi (six) and Hyundai (four)”

Will there be any alternative OEMs that will come to the show with a stunning CGI-engine with V-config ?
Likely Not

2015 F-150 To Introduce Ford’s Turbocharged 2.7-Liter EcoBoost V6 “Nano” Engine? | Ford Authority

Old 01-02-2014, 05:37 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,217 Likes on 800 Posts
The common thing in any of the 2015 articles that I'm finding is there's no mention of a 6.2L V-8. I have to wonder if the engine will be available only in the superduty and or extremely limited in the F-150.

I fully expect that once the 2015 Transit Vans hit t he showrooms, Ford will track the diesel sales very carefully and will hopefully keep their finger on the pulse of what their customers want.

The MPG wars aren't exhausted yet. The joint Ford/GM ventured 9 and 10 speed transmissions will most likely be available in the middle of this model run. The eight speed in the Dodge products seemed to have leapfrogged their MPG's past the rest of the competition.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 AM
ArtsBest
Elder User
The eight speed in the Dodge products seemed to have leapfrogged their MPG's past the rest of the competition.

You have to hand it to Chrysler. This tranny you referred to is available in their Ram 1500 series which is pretty impressive to say the least. I'm really surprised though that they were caught with their pants down regarding Diaz's departure to Nissan which is coming out with a 5.0L Cummins diesel in the new Titan.

Diaz did one heckuva job while at Chrysler.

The competition is incredible today in the pickup world.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:38 AM
ArtsBest
Elder User
Ford initially said the new F-150 model would not be shown at the DAS. This article makes it sound like it will be. Time will tell.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by tseekins
The common thing in any of the 2015 articles that I'm finding is there's no mention of a 6.2L V-8. I have to wonder if the engine will be available only in the superduty and or extremely limited in the F-150.
With the fuel economy regulations that are on the books I'd be surprised if the 6.2L engine will be offered at all. No doubt there's demand, but sadly our government doesn't seem to care.

The MPG wars aren't exhausted yet. The joint Ford/GM ventured 9 and 10 speed transmissions will most likely be available in the middle of this model run. The eight speed in the Dodge products seemed to have leapfrogged their MPG's past the rest of the competition.
Originally Posted by ArtsBest
The eight speed in the Dodge products seemed to have leapfrogged their MPG's past the rest of the competition.

You have to hand it to Chrysler. This tranny you referred to is available in their Ram 1500 series which is pretty impressive to say the least. I'm really surprised though that they were caught with their pants down regarding Diaz's departure to Nissan which is coming out with a 5.0L Cummins diesel in the new Titan.

Diaz did one heckuva job while at Chrysler.

The competition is incredible today in the pickup world.
Completely agree, the new Ram trucks are very impressive. I nearly fell over the other day when I read that the Ram 1500 won Motor Trend Truck of the Year for the second year in a row. It was only up for contention because of the EcoDiesel engine, and MT was thoroughly impressed with it. In fact they said that a 2WD regular cab with the EcoDiesel will do 28 MPG on the highway all day long.

That's a tough act to follow. Of course it won't tow as much as either V8 or EcoBoost will in the F150s, but there just aren't that many people who tow that heavy. I think if they sell them for the right price the EcoDiesel will be a runaway success. Of course time will tell.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Go Big or Go Home!
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tom
With the fuel economy regulations that are on the books I'd be surprised if the 6.2L engine will be offered at all. No doubt there's demand, but sadly our government doesn't seem to care.

Completely agree, the new Ram trucks are very impressive. I nearly fell over the other day when I read that the Ram 1500 won Motor Trend Truck of the Year for the second year in a row. It was only up for contention because of the EcoDiesel engine, and MT was thoroughly impressed with it. In fact they said that a 2WD regular cab with the EcoDiesel will do 28 MPG on the highway all day long.

That's a tough act to follow. Of course it won't tow as much as either V8 or EcoBoost will in the F150s, but there just aren't that many people who tow that heavy. I think if they sell them for the right price the EcoDiesel will be a runaway success. Of course time will tell.
I cant see how the new F150 (other than appearance) would be some big deal. It seems all truck makers are trying anything and everything to get better mpg's out of these trucks, whether its diesel, 8 or 10 spd tranny's, lightweight materials, its more about MPG's then it is about the truck itself.
Although it seems cool to here about 25-30 mpg's out of a 1/2 ton truck,, only time will tell if there really going to meet the tow/haul demands as well as the durability/reliability factor for the guys who truly use there trucks for this purpose or just catering to a new gen of grocery getters.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:58 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 434 Likes on 319 Posts
I've never understood why the bother making the smallest truck that Ford sells as anything other than a grocery getter. It's actually a strange compromise, when you consider that 90% of the duty that people use these trucks for could be handled by a transit connect or some other small vehicle.

But that's clearly not the way the market is going, so I guess Ford knows what it's doing.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,217 Likes on 800 Posts
Originally Posted by Go Big or Go Home!
I cant see how the new F150 (other than appearance) would be some big deal. It seems all truck makers are trying anything and everything to get better mpg's out of these trucks, whether its diesel, 8 or 10 spd tranny's, lightweight materials, its more about MPG's then it is about the truck itself.
Although it seems cool to here about 25-30 mpg's out of a 1/2 ton truck,, only time will tell if there really going to meet the tow/haul demands as well as the durability/reliability factor for the guys who truly use there trucks for this purpose or just catering to a new gen of grocery getters.
Ram actually has the right idea. If you want brute strenght, buy the Ram HD series, if you want a grocery getter, by the Ram 1500.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Ram actually has the right idea. If you want brute strenght, buy the Ram HD series, if you want a grocery getter, by the Ram 1500.
And if you want brute strength without the HD penalty buy an F150.

Seriously, that's why I bought this truck. If they reduced the capacity like Ram did I would be driving a Toyota right now.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:44 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Really? Better not go with the 2014 2500 as it too has coil springs in the rear as opposed to leafs.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by paredneck33
Really? Better not go with the 2014 2500 as it too has coil springs in the rear as opposed to leafs.
What's wrong with coil springs?

ON edit: The truck below has coil springs. Does that thing look light duty?

Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 F-150