Sponsored by: DP Tuner

edge insight cs instead of gauges/

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
flavo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge insight cs instead of gauges/

I'm in the process of starting to give some love to my truck. I will be setting some gauges up soon to go with a chip tune. The cost of the insight cs and a pyro probe is $400. If I bought 2 or 3 gauges (which I will do) I would already be at or exceed that cost.

Is there a reason why I don't see more of these on here? I'd rather not have gauges all over the place.

I did a search but could only go back a year in advanced, so I came up with very little.

Thanks

Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 AM
bratman
New User
I'm with you. Why buy gauges when the insight will do everything. Except the gauges could be easier to read?

Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Diesel Newb
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I researched the heck outta this a couple months ago. It all depends on your personal preference. Some folks like gauges. Our X is 99% grocery getter. My wife is the primary driver, she didn't want gauges so the Edge is what we'll use when we get to the gauges.

Our Edge will be mounted low, with alarms set to light it up if we get outside of the personal tolerances that you can set. No reason to have it up around your LOS that I can figure. Unless, you just want it to be more obvious that there's fancy stuff in your truck.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Justin@DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
If you do not already have gauges and the chip, check out our Infinity. It will do both of those things, along with run diagnostic tests(KOEO/KOER, injector buzz, cylinder contribution, glow plug), datalog, read/clear DTC's, and much more.

Check it out here, Infinity.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Like us on Facebook!

www.dp-tuner.com
Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin@DP-Tuner
If you do not already have gauges and the chip, check out our Infinity. It will do both of those things, along with run diagnostic tests(KOEO/KOER, injector buzz, cylinder contribution, glow plug), datalog, read/clear DTC's, and much more.

Check it out here, Infinity.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Could this be a replacement for ordering an AE? I can get both gauges and an AE type product out of one unit/price?

Tim M

Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM
flavo
Senior User
The infinity is an interesting choice. It's basically the same price if you assume the cost of the chip and switcher @ $300.
That is a mighty big nut to swallow for a poor man like me. Do you offer a DP credit card?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Airjammer
Freshman User
I already have a DP Tuner and 4 gauges, however, can I stack the infinity on top of my existing DP Tuner?

AJ

Old 03-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Justin@DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by timf150
Could this be a replacement for ordering an AE? I can get both gauges and an AE type product out of one unit/price?

Tim M
Yes, it will do everything the AE will do besides recalibrate the factory speedo for larger tires. This feature may be available at some point, but not currently.

Although, it will monitor vehicle speed on the Infinity unit itself, and that can be adjusted for larger tires.

Originally Posted by flavo
The infinity is an interesting choice. It's basically the same price if you assume the cost of the chip and switcher @ $300.
That is a mighty big nut to swallow for a poor man like me. Do you offer a DP credit card?
Sorry, no credit card options through us

Originally Posted by Airjammer
I already have a DP Tuner and 4 gauges, however, can I stack the infinity on top of my existing DP Tuner?

AJ
You cannot "stack" the Infinity on top of your chip. You can, however, connect the Infinity to your chip to change positions on the chip. We will be releasing a product very soon that will enable this.

Like us on Facebook!

www.dp-tuner.com
Old 04-03-2013, 05:39 PM
the ponz
Senior User
Flavo,
I have installed round gauges in several trucks over the years. I always thought, in addition to being useful, they looked cool along the A post. When I bought my 7.3l Excursion a few years ago, I planned to install a performance chip and the necessary gauges to support safe operation of the engine with the increased horse power. I chose the Edge insight over installing round gauges, and I can not be happier. By the time I figured cost between the two, I came up about $50 more to get the Insight, but the time and aggravation of installing the round gauges more than out weighs the Edge Insight's additional cost.

The Edge units available today that are power programmers would certainly get my attention. When I got mine just a few years ago, I preferred to have the power chip separate from the Edge. If I was in the market today, I might chose to have the Edge CTS provide the power levels as well as the gauges.

Again, for convenience and ease of install, I would chose the Insight over round gauges any day. I especially like the ability to display three parameters in an analog display. After all, I am an analog guy living in a digital world.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The insight is nice, and it's $400 and easy to install and monitor most everything....but if you want to see EGT or fuel pressure, there's another few hundred in add on sensors

Old 04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
the ponz
Senior User
Originally Posted by acf6
....but if you want to see EGT or fuel pressure, there's another few hundred in add on sensors
Very true. And if it is the one parameter you need with an engine that has been juiced, it is EGT. I cannot stress that fact enough.

Adding EGT alone to the Edge CTS cost me $140 or so.