1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New Guy New truck 53-f100

Old 03-06-2013, 03:12 PM
qmanconfused
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey john...
i wuz new a few months ago and thru this amazing group i've learned a ton of stuff about my 54 f-100. if it isn't in this forum u don't need to know it (about ford p.u.'s of course). so, don't be affeard to ask....these guys have been there and done that. you're so young and w/ your head in the right place, thats good. focus is so hard to come by these days, i'm 66 and still struggle with it from time to time.....but thats another story

welcome and enjoy...

q in 'cuse

Old 03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ben73058
Hey Dubs,
Welcome Aboard! We went with a No Limit IFS on our '50... It's pretty pricey - $2.4K for parts & some labor to get it welded in... Not sure I'd do it again. I'd be tempted to get the stock front end totally refurbished & add some front disc brakes.

Good luck over there. Good plan to get it running & drive it - aren't those Tampa Bay Buc colors? Could be your new team!

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Hello Dubs (I'm kinda stealing that from Ben)... Welcome to FTE. Glad to see a young guy that likes the old iron. You'll get alot of help and great advice here. That looks like the OLD Tampa Bay Bucs colors from the days of no wins. If you are thinking about a gun metal dark grey color that would be more like the NEW Tampa Bay colors which are much better! Let's hear a bit more about you getting the truck. How did you track this one down after a long search?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM
DUBS27
Junior User
Originally Posted by Rojak
Hello Dubs (I'm kinda stealing that from Ben)... Welcome to FTE. Glad to see a young guy that likes the old iron. You'll get alot of help and great advice here. That looks like the OLD Tampa Bay Bucs colors from the days of no wins. If you are thinking about a gun metal dark grey color that would be more like the NEW Tampa Bay colors which are much better! Let's hear a bit more about you getting the truck. How did you track this one down after a long search?
Thanks Guys! Rojak I found it on craigslist bought it from a guy that was going to finish it but just got done restoring a buisness coupe he said he didnt have the time or money for another project he bought it from a fellow just got to old to work on it anymore. I had tried to buy a couple trucks before this one but they either were out of budget , or to far gone , or had Chevrolet motors in them.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great looking truck! I put a TCI MII in mine and would recommend it for anyone. I like to modernize, mine also has a rearend out of a 2000 Explorer with disc brakes and new springs from CPP. Some here install independent rear suspensions too. Whatever makes you happy, and safe! Good luck with it, and have fun!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
cristian75
New User
Nice looking truck! Welcome, I'm new too and from Florida too! Please keep me in mind if you see another truck like yours in that area since mine needs a lot of work and here in Miami they are really difficult to find...

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
DUBS27
Junior User
Topmoo same here I picked a 8.8 up from the salvage yard when I got the front end. I'm trying to talk my self out of the CV suspension but I really liked the fact it bolted in with minimal welding and the price.. Did you instal the front suspension your self? How hard was it?

Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 PM
DUBS27
Junior User
Originally Posted by cristian75
Nice looking truck! Welcome, I'm new too and from Florida too! Please keep me in mind if you see another truck like yours in that area since mine needs a lot of work and here in Miami they are really difficult to find...
What part? I'll keep my eyes open. I got a steal on this one compared to everything I looked at.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new ride!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Welcome Dubs. Real solid truck to start from.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 712 Likes on 256 Posts
welcome John

you've found the best place you could be. this forum can give you all the info you need to do whatever want to your ride. Looks like you have a nice truck to start with so your trip won't be as expensive as some of ours...

maybe we can even convert you over to a darksider... thought about a chopped top yet ..... BWA HAAA HAAA !!!

WELCOME TO FTE..

john

Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 857 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by jniolon

maybe we can even convert you over to a darksider..
It has a 302/automatic. He was a darksider when he got here.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Be careful about using the terms ch*p t*p and r*t r*d!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:24 PM
DUBS27
Junior User
Originally Posted by jniolon
welcome John

you've found the best place you could be. this forum can give you all the info you need to do whatever want to your ride. Looks like you have a nice truck to start with so your trip won't be as expensive as some of ours...

maybe we can even convert you over to a darksider... thought about a chopped top yet ..... BWA HAAA HAAA !!!

WELCOME TO FTE..

john
Haven't really thought about a chop top kinda like the body style as far as the302 it will work for now I'll eventually swap it out with a 351w I've been waiting to rebuild I have some brand new aluminium heads I've been hording for it.That I finally get to use.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 PM
DUBS27
Junior User
Originally Posted by Rojak
Be careful about using the terms ch*p t*p and r*t r*d!
Got ya really don't like either

Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Chopped top is not a dirty word around here as long as it's not a "chopped up" quick and dirty top with ill fitting glass or left 1/2 finished.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Guy New truck 53-f100