N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Nor Cal membership purged, and a question.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Nor Cal membership purged, and a question.

Hello all,

I have purged the membership again. Getting rid of the non posters, or those who have not posted in over a year. And a few newbies who requested to join, then never posted. So we went from 179 members to 149 members.

In the future, I will have to stick to my rule of not allowing anyone in until they have made it to the 25 posts mark to try and eliminate the ones who have no interest in contributing to this chapter. Of the 149 remaining members, only a handful of them post on a regular or even semi regular basis however they do seem to post in other forums.

Should I keep them in the chapter, or boot them too? To me personally, it does not make sense to join a chapter and then not post in it. I do know that real life gets in the way sometimes, and/or people do lose interest in the site. That is why the ones who have not posted in over a year were dropped. However, what do you guys (and gals if there are any out there) think I should do with the ones who post on FTE but not in the chapter?

Jim

Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 AM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 683 Likes on 396 Posts
I made the cut huh Jim? Wow you must have relaxed the rules for me,lol
"I should do with the ones who post on FTE but not in the chapter?
Let them stay is my vote. Some peeps are just lurkers by nature.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree about the lurkers. I'd let them stay. Also for those who post in other areas some days it takes me hours to go through the 7.3 section (where I frequent the most) and give any advice I can. I would imagine there are a lot of people here who don't have as much time as I do and can only check their main motor/truck section.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Okay, let them stay it is.

As for you making the cut Hank, of course you did, you post on a regular basis.

Jim

Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 683 Likes on 396 Posts
Hows the court case coming along? News from attorneys?

Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I have not heard anything from my attorney in quite some time. One of his assistants called about 3 weeks ago to ask me some questions regarding my current physical situation, knee still hurting? Any other pain etc. The court ordered mediation is set for May 14th if I remember correctly. I am sure my attorney will call me a week in advance to remind me, as well as send me a letter to that effect. That will be the last chance to settle out of court. If we can't, then the trial starts in June, on the 17h I believe. I am hoping we will be able to settle out of court, because if we go to court, the jury may not award me anything, or a reduced settlement amount.

Believe it or not, I am not thinking about it too much right now as it is still a couple of months away, and there is really nothing I can do to speed up the process. I am concentrating on this insurance business because I want to try and make it work. There is good money here if I can learn the trade and take advantage of it. My first supervisor was fired so now I am under a second one. The office had two sales managers, and now it has one. So the second supervisor is taking over all the agents of the first, and still has his own. Needless to say, he is very busy.

Jim

Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 AM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Testing 123 testing!

Old 03-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by pjwoolw
Testing 123 testing!
Hey Pete!

Old 03-08-2013, 10:14 PM
42x
Senior User
Some of us just peep here but post in the forum when we have time.... let us stay...

Thanks

Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

No worries. Everyone is staying, as long as they still post in FTE somewhere.

Jim

Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
Hey Pete!

Hey Andy! LOL

Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Sparky2531
Senior User
Hope I made the cut.........

Old 03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
bdpotts
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
i know i'm guilty of not posting in our chapter for awhile. i'll give no excuses only to say, i'm still here and don't plan on going anywhere. fwiw, even though i haven't posted in a month or so (maybe longer) i have thought about you guys and wondered whats been going on. wondering how pismo beach get together went?

Old 03-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

The only people who have been cut were those who have not posted in over a year. There was one exception. A person who requested to join the chapter, and I let him, and he has zero posts. That is why I am going to restrict chapter authorizations to people who have the minimum post count of 25 in the future. I feel if someone has not posted in FTE for over a year they are not very interested in it. Also, just because someone is kicked out of the chapter does not mean they cannot still post in it. Just doesn't make sense to me to join a chapter, then not participate in it. In any case, there will not be another purging of the chapter until next year most likely. I have no set schedule to do a purging, just when I feel like getting rid of the "deadwood" so to speak.

The Pismo gtg was a blast. I had a lot of fun, and got a chance to take the Bronco out in the dunes and was impressed. Next year I am hoping to have a small travel trailer to take down there, so I can stay a bit longer. One and a half days is not enough.

Jim

Old 03-12-2013, 10:38 PM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
I know that I, and I'm sure many others, go through phases with the amount I post or don't. I haven't been very participatory recently... Glad to see I made the cut though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nor Cal membership purged, and a question.