Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to look for in a 93 F150

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:25 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ewalt98
The beds with two fuel tanks are long beds. If your's is a short bed, you would only have a single tank.
Ok, I couldn't get a good view of the beds they were on top of a metal container and i saw it as i was leaving so I'll have to search somewhere else or just fix mine.

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
If this is on the 95 truck, there's 8 bolts on the backside of it. You'll have to remove the radio and glove box to access these particular nuts. It's a total PITA, just be forewarned.
Lovely, well it has no radio so I'm already half way there lol.

Also how do you tighten the right side of the dashboards? Mine bounces up and down on the highway from vibration.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 PM
garrett_8
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did one spring perch on mine a year ago grinded the rivets out, used plated Grade 8 Bolts and lock washers and its holding up just fine it was a PITA but nothing a case of beer and a buddy and myself couldnt do!

Old 05-28-2013, 07:48 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by xmontex4

Also how do you tighten the right side of the dashboards? Mine bounces up and down on the highway from vibration.
It's the main right support brace is broken (Common issue, as it's made of plastic)

2 ways of fixing it:

1: Find an OEM bracing kit for ~$25

or

2: Go to the hardware store and get an L bracket for .40c and use self tapping screws to install it.

Either way, it's right behind the P/S kick panel. Pull it straight out, and look in the lower corner and you'll see it.

On the dash pad, to remove the glove compartment, unlatch it as normal, then look at the bottom. There's 2 "Clips" that hold it onto the main dash. Gently press the "Fingers" back and it'll be ready to slide up and out.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:59 PM
warren561
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw a bed at hollands Junkyard in Billerica, MA (I live right next to lowell in Tewksbury) that i might go see how much they want becasue my bed is shot lol. Also it has a second fuel door for maybe a later mod. I also got two new A-pillar trim pieces as mine were broken and rattling and a new dash pad which i cant figure out how to install.
Ah! I was wondering where that nice dash pad went. I was just at Holland's the other day (needed a new water outlet)! Glad to hear that a fellow FTE'er got it.

Here's a good write up on how to replace the dash pad:
Dash pad replacement, 92-96 - FSB Forums

Old 06-02-2013, 10:04 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by warren561
Ah! I was wondering where that nice dash pad went. I was just at Holland's the other day (needed a new water outlet)! Glad to hear that a fellow FTE'er got it.

Here's a good write up on how to replace the dash pad:
Dash pad replacement, 92-96 - FSB Forums
Thanks warren! I'm hoping to get this thing look 100% better by the end of the summer. Minus paint Ill get that done probably next spring..depends how in depth I go with replacing parts this year lol.

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
It's the main right support brace is broken (Common issue, as it's made of plastic)

2 ways of fixing it:

1: Find an OEM bracing kit for ~$25

or

2: Go to the hardware store and get an L bracket for .40c and use self tapping screws to install it.

Either way, it's right behind the P/S kick panel. Pull it straight out, and look in the lower corner and you'll see it.

On the dash pad, to remove the glove compartment, unlatch it as normal, then look at the bottom. There's 2 "Clips" that hold it onto the main dash. Gently press the "Fingers" back and it'll be ready to slide up and out.
Awesome thanks! ill have to try and do that this week!

Also fixed the speedometer in my truck it was fuse 8 lol i thought the only fuse involved with that was fuse 18 so i only checked one. Oh well you live and learn, at least i have a tach now i guess.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Just noticed that i have a light one. I think its the safety restraint light or airbag light, its the one with the little guy in a chair and an airbag coming out at him lol. It flashes once then waits 3 seconds then flashes twice and ideas what that it? Also is there any way to replace the dome light with a different one like in the newer super duty's? i burned my hand on it yesterday after having it on for a few min.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 AM
warren561
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just noticed that i have a light one. I think its the safety restraint light or airbag light, its the one with the little guy in a chair and an airbag coming out at him lol. It flashes once then waits 3 seconds then flashes twice and ideas what that it?
Yes, that's the airbag light. It should come on when you start the truck, then remain on for a few seconds and turn off.

I'm not sure what the flash once, wait, flash twice code is. I do know that most airbag light issues seem to be related to the clock-spring being bad. Perhaps someone who's been through this can provide more insight.

[EDIT]
I found this thread on airbag issues:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-flashing.html

Old 06-17-2013, 11:29 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
My headliner has been hanging down so last week I ordered a Suede headliner kit in black and some black Colorbond paint (paint number 324) and im gonna start blacking out the Interior. I plan to paint the outside black down the road. With all the rust and body work I plan to fix the entire truck minus the cab will need to be painted again. Also just got a new ignition cylinder and door locks so i have two sets of matching keys and door locks with a key now. I had no key for the door locks when i purchased the truck.... I'm gonna be busy next weekend with both trucks lol.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:46 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Over the weekend I gave her a little bit of a face lift, I got a black billet grille, smoked headlights, and black headlight bezels. I replaced the orange marker lights with LED's and i got a set of 55w 6000k HID's. Inside i recovered the headliner in black suede, and painted the trim all black I just have to replace the carpet and paint the dash now. I did not have enough time to et it dry so it got slightly beat up while re installing it. This weekend I plan on taking the scratched pieces out and giving them one more coat and letting them dry completely. Also added a taurus dome light since the stock one burned me a few times and got some LED's in there as well.