6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE PRICE OF TUNERS LATELY

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE PRICE OF TUNERS LATELY

I just cruised through the DPF delete tuners on EBAY. Wow, the Minis have almost doubled in price. 1800 to 2000 for a mini. There are some Spartans for less. There were some kits ( delete pipes with air box and mini tuner) for $2400. Back when this stuff first started I said on here somebody would be wise to buy 10 or so of those minis for 800 bucks (the price at the time). Wish I had taken my own advice.

Has anyone heard anything about Spartan? Wonder if they are still making and selling or the ones on EBAY are from some speed shops. I guess I should have checked.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Yup, the economic principle of scarcity. There aren't enough to go around to satisfy demand at the MSRP, so the price goes up!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 PM
JcF204
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I emailed Spartan last week, everything seems business as usual there. That is the direction I'm going to go, the prices on H&S are through the dang roof!

Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
my buddy just bought a mini of eBay for this new cummins, goofy guy threw his dpf away for the cummins he traded in, so he had to leave his old mini with that truck. Paid 1500 for the new mini.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:11 PM
countryboy73703
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, so is the price going up because they are so valued? or are they going up because production is stopping?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Diesel Kinevel
New User
I paid over a grand for my XRT pro yesterday. It made me sick to my stomach but I can't afford a truck that will only get 11 mpg. Not to mention the EGR delete that I ordered. I want my truck to last...Bye bye EPA emissions control...

Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM
countryboy73703
Senior User
Originally Posted by Diesel Kinevel
I paid over a grand for my XRT pro yesterday. It made me sick to my stomach but I can't afford a truck that will only get 11 mpg. Not to mention the EGR delete that I ordered. I want my truck to last...Bye bye EPA emissions control...
let me know how you like that tuner, I was going to get the mini maxx but by the looks of it in order to get rid of the emissions, I gotta get the race tuner which is 1500 bucks... thats just plane stupid to be honest... seriously...

Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Diesel Kinevel
New User
Rudy's diesel has both mini maxx and xrt pro which is the plug and play where as the mini maxx is an on the fly programmer with gauges. The programmers that are called "street tuners" by h&s are the new ones without the emissions control capabilities.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM
countryboy73703
Senior User
Rudy's diesel has both mini maxx and xrt pro which is the plug and play where as the mini maxx is an on the fly programmer with gauges. The programmers that are called "street tuners" by h&s are the new ones without the emissions control capabilities.

yes I just realized all that about the tuner... stupid EPA, I'm seriously upset about it, it's so rediculous... it's not like every single person is running bad emissions.. and honestly if you only delete the dpf... the emmisions are still no where near what they used to be... and to top it off I almost made the mistake of ordering the street tuner and a dpf delete... man. I would've been heated if I wouldn't have realized that until I installed it... so basically if you want a tuner that will get rid of the dpf, you get to spend 1200+ on a spartan or 1500 on an H&S... just to get some extra power, and better gas milage.... it's rediculous....

- I appologize for being so hot headed... military ruined me!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Diesel Kinevel
New User
Originally Posted by countryboy73703
yes I just realized all that about the tuner... stupid EPA, I'm seriously upset about it, it's so rediculous... it's not like every single person is running bad emissions.. and honestly if you only delete the dpf... the emmisions are still no where near what they used to be... and to top it off I almost made the mistake of ordering the street tuner and a dpf delete... man. I would've been heated if I wouldn't have realized that until I installed it... so basically if you want a tuner that will get rid of the dpf, you get to spend 1200+ on a spartan or 1500 on an H&S... just to get some extra power, and better gas milage.... it's rediculous....

- I appologize for being so hot headed... military ruined me!
Its all good. Rudy's has both the mini maxx and the XRT Pro with the emissions control capability. I ordered mine the other day.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
countryboy73703
Senior User
Its all good. Rudy's has both the mini maxx and the XRT Pro with the emissions control capability. I ordered mine the other day.
ya but I don't wanna spend 1400, nor 1600... little rediculous.. gonna have to dig in my piggy paint to get those tuners... whats so great about the xrt pro? it's only a few hunndred cheaper.. but you losing out on a lot... gauges... what's the screen even for if you cant view your PID's?

Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Diesel Kinevel
New User
I talked with the guy at Rudy's who told me that the only difference is shift on the fly and gauges. The XRT Pro has built in safety features like the mini maxx. I chose to go with the XRT because I don't plan on ******* my truck like I did with my old 7.3. I am more doing these mods for mpg and longevity of my truck.

Not to mention the MPG is best on the highest setting according to many people. So really, I would only be putting on a lower setting for towing.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 PM
countryboy73703
Senior User
I talked with the guy at Rudy's who told me that the only difference is shift on the fly and gauges. The XRT Pro has built in safety features like the mini maxx. I chose to go with the XRT because I don't plan on ******* my truck like I did with my old 7.3. I am more doing these mods for mpg and longevity of my truck.

Not to mention the MPG is best on the highest setting according to many people. So really, I would only be putting on a lower setting for towing.

hmm.. well personally I couldn't do with out the gauges.. especially if it was only a couple hundred difference... considering the price.. boys and their toys.. ha... been researching, and i think I might go with the spartan...

Old 02-07-2013, 11:36 AM
mich800
Senior User
I was considering one earlier from a straight fuel economy standpoint. I was on the fence due to the payback time. Now with the prices where they are at forget it. I probably will not have the truck long enough to recoup my cash.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spartan tuner rocks.

I've been running the 310 tune for a long time, rules .

Quick Reply: HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE PRICE OF TUNERS LATELY