Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM
unyalli
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RAPR
Don't worry, I fixed your numbering and spelling for you:

1) Answer to this question: my preferred tune is "ONE THAT CAN ADJUST THE TPMS"

2) Since this is the only thread I could find referring to 5 Star Tunes for the 6.2L, it seems to be the best fit. It does, after all, have to do with their product and tune-ability. This is not a gripe, but a request....the only "gripe" I see on this thread is yours about me "hijacking" this thread.

Secondly, how am I "incessantly" hijacking this thread, when I've only made 2 posts a few months apart. I wasn't even the person that brought up the initial subject in this thread. Do you understand the meaning of the word "incessantly"?

3) Some of us aren't blessed with having local dealers that will adjust the TPMS system. I know exactly how to do it, and told the dealer how its done (step by step) with their equipment. They responded that they could not do it, due to legal reasons. I'm left with no other option....unless you don't mind paying for my gas, so I can visit your local dealer.
LOL Feel better?

Old 05-10-2013, 11:11 AM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RAPR
Don't worry, I fixed your numbering and spelling for you:

3) Some of us aren't blessed with having local dealers that will adjust the TPMS system. I know exactly how to do it, and told the dealer how its done (step by step) with their equipment. They responded that they could not do it, due to legal reasons. I'm left with no other option....unless you don't mind paying for my gas, so I can visit your local dealer.
I'm surprised anyone is finding any dealer willing to do it.
It's a violation of federal statute to disable or modify it and the fines are mind boggling.
Using an F250 that has E-rated tires as an example, the first inflation related fatal accident where a TPMS has found to be reset to a lower threshold is likely going to create a boatload of liability for the dealer who modified it.
When I was trying to get mine done, I called EVERY dealer in the greater chicagoland area (a lot of them) and not 1 would agree to do it.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:20 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
There's not a lot of banter in the 6.2 forum to begin with so if a topic derails from the EXACT question in the OP a bit and brings more eyes to the thread, who cares?

The weekend's almost here, enjoy a beer. Or 6.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
unyalli
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
The weekend's almost here, enjoy a beer. Or 6.

I'm with ya!

Been going over a bunch of your posts looking for details on the differences noticed with these tunes. I've only made it a few pages back but I (and maybe the OP) would be interested on your take on things like transmission behavioural changes. Example: when I installed canned tunes from SCT on my 05 5.4L F150 the shift was neck snapping. I had to feather the pedal around the shift points to keep the belt from screaming. If the shift is that severe it can't be good for the drive line.

- Jeff

Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by unyalli
I'm with ya!

Been going over a bunch of your posts looking for details on the differences noticed with these tunes. I've only made it a few pages back but I (and maybe the OP) would be interested on your take on things like transmission behavioural changes. Example: when I installed canned tunes from SCT on my 05 5.4L F150 the shift was neck snapping. I had to feather the pedal around the shift points to keep the belt from screaming. If the shift is that severe it can't be good for the drive line.

- Jeff
Trans shifts are night and day from stock, and nothing that'll snap your neck, it's smooth. I had to go back to stock recently for a trip to the dealer (regular maintenance stuff) and was almost annoyed in the short 20min drive I had. Couldn't wait to get back home and put the tune back on.