1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

PaysonPSD.... Lost a brother today.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Thank you Pop for the reminder, for Robin and all the service men and women who have given so much. God Bless,

Chet

Old 08-05-2013, 12:05 AM
cutlass
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too respect and honor all who have served our country. I have to admit that I have thought a lot about Robin since his passing and he sure is missed here among the Brotherhood. It all doesn't seem quite the same here on FTE without him.

I find myself thinking many times when I read a post with a complicated problem or even some of my own truck issues - "What would Robin suggest in this situation?"

Drake

Old 08-23-2013, 09:53 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey guys, it is Phill, Robin's son. I really appreciate all the great things that have been left on this thread! It really makes me know that he was a really well liked and appreciated!
I have taken over his truck and will try my best to keep in touch with everyone, and I now where to go to get help with any questions I might have!
Which brings on this question: I would like to know which each of the tunes he has on his DPTuner?
Well thanks again and be waiting for responses!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 AM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Hey Phil hows it going? Glad to hear you still have the old mans truck. I dont know which tunes he has on his DP Tuner, but do know he had Jody with DP live tune his truck in Oregon in the summer of 2010. Give Jody a call, and give him your info those folks keep all the info of every tuner they sell. Hope this helps. Any other questions about the injectors, and so on give Clay a call at Riffraff that is where bought those, and most of the stuff on that truck...

Old 08-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Hey guys, it is Phill, Robin's son. I really appreciate all the great things that have been left on this thread! It really makes me know that he was a really well liked and appreciated!
I have taken over his truck and will try my best to keep in touch with everyone, and I now where to go to get help with any questions I might have!
Which brings on this question: I would like to know which each of the tunes he has on his DPTuner?
Hey there Phil, Your Dad is very much missed on here. He was full of knowledge on these trucks.

For your Question, he should have a file on the computer that has the tunes on it and you should be able to look to see which ones are loaded. If not then you can give DP-Tuner a call and they can give you what's loaded.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Phil, I want to say this with the deepest respect to you and Robin. As you know within this Brotherhood, Robin was deeply loved and respected. But please understand that the help that you receive from those who respond are not just advice from those who respond. For much of the advice and camaraderie will have come from and given by your father at one time or another. We of the Brotherhood see Robins former posts all of the time, and a warm smile comes to our hearts in knowing to us, the he was a man above men. You will see many of his posts over time. Do not read them with sadness or a feeling of lose. Read them in knowing that he truly wanted to help his fellow Brothers at that time and into the Future. The love and respect and help that he gave is still now being multiplied into the future for a long time to come.

We are all so glad that you are here with the Brotherhood.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Contact Diane at DP, I know they were able to help me get that info for Marks daughter a few years back. Diane is on here all the time, and A GREAT lady, as is the DP family.

Glad to see you around, and happy the truck stayed with the family!!

And I just realized i repeated the last three post...

Old 08-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Glad to here from you Phil. Glad the truck went to his son. I don't know how many tunes Robin had but I'm sure it was on the econ tune when you first started it. He also had 200/80 over injectors in his truck. Just so you know for future if there is any problems. God bless, and hope to see you on here in the future.

Chet

Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Hey Phil, thanks for posting!

I'll be honest, it gave me a start for a split-second when I saw "PaysonPSD" as the first new post of the thread when I clicked on it.

Brother Les hit the nail on the head. Many, many times I'll come across an old post Robin made and a bittersweet smile crosses my face.

I miss your dad, Phil.

Stewart

Old 08-23-2013, 08:13 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Well said Stewart....

Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi Phil! So glad to hear from you and that you kept the truck. I think if you contact Jody at DPTuner, I bet he could look up the tunes that you have. I'll be coming down your way for the winter...maybe Greg, you and I could get together for a cold one?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by nlemerise
Hi Phil! So glad to hear from you and that you kept the truck. I think if you contact Jody at DPTuner, I bet he could look up the tunes that you have. I'll be coming down your way for the winter...maybe Greg, you and I could get together for a cold one?
I am in for a GTG for sure.

Phil, flip down the driver side visor, the list of tunes is on the backside.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:03 AM
cutlass
Elder User
Phill-

Your presence here gives me a great big smile. You are welcomed here with open arms and I know that we will all help you in every way we can when you need it. Your dad is missed here and the respect and reverence for him will always live on with the FTE brotherhood in a big way.

Drake

Old 08-24-2013, 02:51 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Phil... To go along with what Stewart said just yesterday a newbie posted in a thread that your dad had made on upgrading the rear tailgate to an 08. Yes my heart did skip a beat when I saw PaysonPSD as the author. It was a tremendous reminder of one of the MANY reasons your dad gained sooo much respect here. His attention to detail in his mod threads was spectacular. As I had mentioned before your dad and I had a great bond (as many people here did) and is greatly missed. It makes me happy to know that his truck is in good hands. Peter (Duck Fan) sent me this photo the other day and I plan to print it and frame it. This is the day that Peter on Right, Me in the middle next to your pops and Nick on the left got to meet your dad. We ,et up on our way to the FIRST EVER RiffRaff event at Clays in Oregon back in 2009 i think.

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake
I am in for a GTG for sure.

Phil, flip down the driver side visor, the list of tunes is on the backside.
Wish I was clever enough to do this. My tuning with Jody has always been......eventful. Not sure what I have right now and where it is. I do know it was not enough to touch his numbers at RRE. A true pleasure to meet and he is obviously missed by many. Those of you who have met me at various events know how I can be but it is all in good fun. Robin seemed like just good guy period. After a long break from the scene here I hate to log back in and learn of this news but this man lives on in our hearts and on this site forever.

As a fellow veteran, I salute you Robin and have no doubt we shall meet again at the big rally point we are all destined to meet at. Wish I had more time with you here in person but we did do the internet thing. That is what we do here at this site, and then some.

Without this site and the brotherhood, we never meet. I am better for our lives having touched both in person and on line.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PaysonPSD.... Lost a brother today.