Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Everyone say hello to johnday!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Hey John, I lived in Stinkster for a little while in 1994. Don't miss it. Cherry hill and merriman.
Ah, a good sense of humour, I always called it Sphincter,LOL. Of course, Garden City, er Garbage City, and Moron, Monroe, figure into the equation as well. LOL
In Garbage City, It's Merriman and Warren. Somehow, Merriman turns into Happy Guy!!LOL

Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 489 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by johnday
I started here in the 7.3/SD foroums, but alas, my SD just needed too much work for me to justify sinking that much into a 12 year old truck. Man, that was one good truck, the best pickup I've ever had. So, I downsized with an F150, and just started looking around on here about those.

BTW, don't EVER loan out your truck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I was at that point last year myself, but unfortunately I'm committed to Super Dutys. Multiple 10 k plus trailers. Would've saved ten grand and gained leather and nav. And their sounds like there is a story to that last part......

Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts
Ya, there is. I've no idea what I was thinking, obviously not enough. I knew I had some problems, needed new injectors, trans work, and new brakes. The last time I drove it before I loaned it, I'd had it in 4X4, hubs locked, and left it like that when I parked it in the yard. The guy I loaned it to, knew trucks, I thought. Well, he drove it all day, around 150 miles, on dry pavement, locked out. I guess he didn't know what that light on the dash meant, let alone the front end scuffing around every turn. Funny how he never even noticed the front end shimmy sometime during the day. He returned it with less fuel than he took off with, but did leave me with cigarette butts and my stereo on some country music station, blasting of course. Did I mention I can't stand cigarette smoke, or country music?
Never even got a thankyou.
A week later after I discovered the damage to my transfer case and the drivers side hub, this idiots niece came over and asked if she could borrow it. She had garbage that needed to go to the local dump. It was all I could do to let her escape with her life.
Anyway, my Stroker mechanic looked over everything, and it looked like it was going to run me a few thousand to get everything right again, and it just broke the camels back. It was going to cost more than the bluebook price, so I just sold it as is.

I still have my 7 ton flatbed, and my 14' enclosed Haulmark, that's only a 7k trailer, so, as long as I don't load up the flatbed, I'll be alright. But wow, this F150 just doesn't hold a candle to my old Stroker, not even close.

I guess I learned a lesson the hard way about some of the type of people around me. This same guy asked if he could use my tractor loader when I wasn't home, to clear snow at his motherinlaws. I only said, my tractor doesn't get get loaned to anyone.

Gggggrrrr, it still gets me POed.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Welcome to our corner of FTE John!