Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Prayers for Juanita

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prayers for Juanita

I'm sorry that I haven't been on here much but my live in Mother-in-law Juanita has been in the hospital for open heart surgery , she's not doing well . Some of the older members will remember her she has been to many of the meets and was the reason we would get the Senior Center for free for our meets.
Due to all kinds of complications , her age she is 78 , and bad health she probably isn't going to make it out of the hospital , the surgery was on Jan 4th . My wife has had to deal with this mostly on her own because of my job as an over the road truck driver , she is just mentally and physically wiped out . Tuesday all of her Dr.s are to meet and decide to take her off the ventilator if they do this it will probably be day's if not hours till she will be gone.
So if you are so inclined I would appreciate a prayer for Mom .

Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 AM
FX4 Jezebel
Freshman User
Prayers of Peace and Love for Juanita

Dear Dave,
Thanks for your dedication and service on our highways.
My thoughts are with you, your wife and especially Juanita.
I know the deep sorrow of your circumstance firsthand and truly wish you all well. I had taken my Mom from Fla to NY for back surgery at 80 years of age. She had lost use of her leg due to lower lumbar listhesis. My 41 year old Army Reserve spine surgeon performed an anterior approach lumbar disc replacement on 3 levels. She made an excellent recovery. Then I had an All American full foot and ankle reconstruction. After a partial recovery, I learned that my Dad was in a Fla hospital ER with total renal failure due to 30% heart output and eschemic bowel syndrome. He had not left his assisted living apartment for meals for over 2 months. We were never contacted despite paying $4600 out of pocket per month. Tragic circumstance as is Juanita's. I drove 1.344 miles from NY to the Fla hospital with Mom in 23 hours. Mom, Sis', Bro'-in-law and I met with doctors who explained that my Dad was beyond help. I am with your wife in spirit, having received the same news regarding her Mom. We put him in Hospice to manage pain and ease his passing. I have dedicated my life to helping my family and especially Dad. My heart goes out to your wife, as I know the pain she suffers. Acceptance of powerlessness is most ellusive to dedicated caregivers of loved-ones. I visited Dad each day and night until his worldly journey ended. Now I am dedicating my time to managing my Father's estate while Mom and I take care of each other. We are gradually feeling better as time passes, as will you, your wife and family. Eventually, memories of the good times will lift your hearts.
God Bless Juanita. You are all in our prayers.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Hogtrapper
Tuned
I am sorry to hear about juanita 1996, though I have never meet her it will be a honor to pray for this lady. Both of my parents are approaching the end as well I just pray they go easy. Please try to take comfort in the good times, the times of laughter you shared with her. I myself recently had heart surgery and because of a lot of prayers being sent up for me I am walking around today. No one knows the future but God's plain is greater than we can imagine. My heart goes out to you and juanita and prayers will be sent up for you both.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Dave, sorry to hear of Juanita's illness. I'll always remember her as a happy, cheerful person that was always ready to help at the our meetings. I pray for you and you family in this time of sorrow, if you need anything, please let me know.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
It didn't take to long the Dr. pulled Mom off the ventilator yesterday at 11:15 am and she was gone by 1:30 pm . We are going to the funeral home today I will post the details later.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
So sorry to hear this Dave.

Let us know the details.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Services for Juanita will be held Friday evening at 7:00 PM at
Vilonia United Methodist Church . This will be a memorial service there will be no calling hours or viewing .Please go to the rear enter the gravel drive for the Family Life Center. Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers.
https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...=A&gl=US&hl=en

Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Dave, so sorry to hear of Juanita's passing, but let the thought that she is now at peace and in a better place soothe your mind. I am praying for you and your family.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dave, sorry to hear about this; our prayers are with you and the family. While I was never fortunate enough to meet her, I know what you...and especially your wife are going through. We lost my mother-in-law July 2010. Also to several serous and failing health concerns...not that it makes it any easier.