Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Bleeding brakes on a 52 F-7

 
  #16  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 PM
havi's Avatar
havi
havi is offline
I'll have the Roast Duck
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northshore, MN
Posts: 9,482
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Remind me again why the original braking system as a whole is not being used?
 
  #17  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
bobbytnm's Avatar
bobbytnm
bobbytnm is online now
Roast em' if you got 'em
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 13,975
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by 1930 Dodge View Post
I have not had a negative thing to say about any anyone ( until now ) on this forum.
That may be true. But, you've had negative things to say about people on this forum in other forums.

Like you, people here do read and participate in other forums.
 
  #18  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
raytasch's Avatar
raytasch
raytasch is online now
Old guy with old toys
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: W. Central FL.
Posts: 6,638
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
The End.
 
  #19  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
jmadsen's Avatar
jmadsen
jmadsen is online now
Postmaster
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,057
jmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by raytasch View Post
The End.
most likely the end of recieving help from people! thats too bad,
 
  #20  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM
bigwin56f100's Avatar
bigwin56f100
bigwin56f100 is online now
Post Fiend
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: AKRON ohio
Posts: 5,427
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
do you have a 6 volt or 12 volt brake light switch? maybe you have too much resistance!

Maybe a manual choke cable hooked to the 12 volt resistor, run thru the wiper motor, with a vacuum hose to pull off the excess heat will make the brakes pump up.

Or it could be the Loose nut behind the wheel!
 
  #21  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
1983F1503004x4
1983F1503004x4 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,908
1983F1503004x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.1983F1503004x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.1983F1503004x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 1930 Dodge View Post
Well the day you become a moderator feel free to delete my posts or do as you wish, until then I would suggest that you contact a moderator, make a compliant and sit back and see what happens but I would not ( if I were in your shoes ) be telling anyone how and where they should be posting.

Its not redundancy until actions take place, see my reasoning

Just my thought.

If I have broken any rules than hopefully a moderator will have the courtesy of telling me and guess what......... I will do exactly what they tell me because its not my forum, I am a guest and I play by the rules.
I will give you a word of advice, and I will do so nicely. I feel it's my responsibility to do since I brought the fact up to you that a lot of forums don't like people double posting topics in multiple areas of the forum, therefore I'd like you to listen and pay attention. If you can't do that, take a break, go sit down somewhere quiet, and let your thoughts simmer a while until you come to a logical conclusion based on the information I'm about to give you. After that, I don't care what you do, what you say, or how you say it.

The first thing you should know and recognize is because someone doesn't wear a badge or hold a title over their head doesn't mean that you shouldn't respect them. I and several other members of FTE have given you MORE than adequate assistance based on the questions you asked. We have done this without asking anything of you in return, and did so for free because we are willing to dedicate our free time that we could be spending elsewhere helping people over the internet that feel like they don't have to respect others because they don't have a fancy title or badge on their shirt.

The second thing you should realize is that nobody here is obligated to help you or take any insults or wisecracks that you feel like dishing out because of the fact that someone reminded you of proper forum etiquette and conduct on a website that is run by people who are willing to help others free of charge. I don't know where you're from or how you treat others but here on Ford Trucks Enthusiasts, this sort of behavior is very ill taken and is not tolerated for long.

So next time, when you get your panties in a wad and decide to chastise someone for reminding you of proper forum etiquette, take a break to stop typing and do everybody a favor and spare them the trouble of having to remind you why we have such rules in place.

I'm not going to report this post to a moderator or expect any action to be taken regardless if a moderator views this or not because I expect you, who is (hopefully) a grown adult who is capable of recognizing the fact that others around him are not adolescents, to be able to realize that you made a mistake in your choice of words and conduct and that you are able to grow from your mistake.

Have a nice day, and consider your choice of dialogue the next time somebody who willingly helps you at the expense of their time at no charge reminds you of proper forum etiquette.

I also recommend you read the forum guidelines.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html
 
  #22  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
1930 Dodge
1930 Dodge is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 661
1930 Dodge is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by havi View Post
Remind me again why the original braking system as a whole is not being used?
I do not have any of the original parts other than what I have mentioned having and using
 
  #23  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM
havi's Avatar
havi
havi is offline
I'll have the Roast Duck
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northshore, MN
Posts: 9,482
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 1930 Dodge View Post
I do not have any of the original parts other than what I have mentioned having and using
Fair enough, but I suggest finding a truck that the parts can come from that are equivalent to that used on the F7. F7 is a 5 ton truck, the 1ton parts are likely not adequate no matter how you look at it. The Eaton 2sp. rear end uses the hydrovac system for a reason. You need to retain the hydrovac system. Other makes and models used a same or similar system, and may not be too hard to find. I'm not positive, but I'm willing to bet Ford used a similar system up through the 1980's, and that would include a dual MC.

Secondly, the hydrovac is simply a power booster for the rear wheels, newer versions, and I think GM used one for both front and rear. The newer style booster you are trying to use will not act as a better braking system with the engine off either (as you mentioned on another forum), they both use engine vacuum.

Thirdly, the system original to the F7 worked. It was engineered by Ford. To use a different sized MC than what was original to that truck would be reason for failure as you are experiencing. Original a 1.5" bore? Find a 1.5" bore MC. Original had wheel cylinders (1.25 front, 1.63 rear) of a specific size? Use that size.

I think you'd have been better off swapping the rear end to that of a newer truck and make compatible the braking system to that rear. Any way you look at it, that rear end is gonna be geared way low. My 2 cents.
 
  #24  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
1930 Dodge
1930 Dodge is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 661
1930 Dodge is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by raytasch View Post
The End.
Thats fine, your choice, follow the leader, isnt that what they taught us in grade school
 
  #25  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
1930 Dodge
1930 Dodge is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 661
1930 Dodge is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jmadsen View Post
most likely the end of recieving help from people! thats too bad,
I guess we will see, not too bad though, its Ok all part of the society we have all learned to embrace
 
  #26  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM
1930 Dodge
1930 Dodge is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 661
1930 Dodge is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 View Post
do you have a 6 volt or 12 volt brake light switch? maybe you have too much resistance!

Maybe a manual choke cable hooked to the 12 volt resistor, run thru the wiper motor, with a vacuum hose to pull off the excess heat will make the brakes pump up.

Or it could be the Loose nut behind the wheel!
Good thinking, I will check all these things out and get back with you, thanks
 
  #27  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Doc's Avatar
Doc
Doc is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: East KY
Posts: 4,531
Doc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud ofDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1930 Dodge View Post
Just because you say it does not make it true, if there was something said and and it was a misunderstanding on the receiving end then I would expect the receiver of the possible misunderstood info to ask for clarification, no-one has ever done this.

This is what men do or did anyway before these darned computers allowed many of us to become cowards behind a screen.

As far as I know men do not cower behind screenames and point fingers and pass judgement on someone before they are able to fully be clear why or how they were wronged.

If you were on another forum and you feel I wronged you or someone you know than man up, say hey, why did you say this, this was not a nice thing to say and then give me the chance to explain myself or apologize for my misjudgement of words which I would have easily and most happily done. Hey we are all human, we can all make mistakes, even you believe it or not.


I do understand that we all have screen names, some of us use these screen names so that we can say what we want without having any negative impacts in our other world or our life outside of these forums, this is not me. I am a good man and honorable.

My name is Jason Anderson and I live in Brandon Florida, I am an avid participant on the AACA forum where I am sort of a posting guru, I can tell you anything you would like to know about 1929 or 1930 Dodge Brothers motor vehicles and quite a bit about Dodge vehicles in general prior to 1938 or so. I really enjoy talking old Dodge but I have also enjoyed talking old Ford trucks lately and will continue to do so even thru this ambush.....kidding

I participate on only a few other forums, a tool talk forum http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php where I believe my screename is 1930 as well ( sorry I cannot remember them all but they are usually something like that ) I also sometimes participate on a hot rod forum Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Powered by vBulletin where my screename is oilyrascal, I picked this name because someone I know uses it and I like him and I liked the name, I hope there is not such a thing as screename infringement I just recently en-listed on another Ford forum Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum 1930 as well and on E-bay, that is about it.

I do not have alot of time to dicker around on the computer lately because I am working on my truck, if you or anyone else would like to check out my prior posts though you are more than welcome, I can assure you that these are all of the forums I can handle, all you have to do is click on view prior posts or something like that.

If you see something you do not like and your one of the guys here that has ambushed me today than OK, kinda late and your kind of a P u s s y for bringing it up now but go ahead and I will try and explain where I was coming from or apologize if I did say something that was could have been misunderstood.

As you can maybe tell I try and choose my words carefully but again I am only human and an orange is not always orange.

Just try and remember though the whole lesson to be learned here is again, its ok to confront and stick up for what or whom you believe in but do it in a timely fashion so that again at least you are sure that what you think was said was actually said and meant in the way that you took it.

I have a high admiration for all the info given here to help others and have no intention now or in the past to speak poorly of anyone here, I know this and I can guarantee that there will not be found anything within any of my posts that was intentionally targeted at anyone or any group of people that was meant to be malicious or harmful.

You dont want to help me any longer BOO HOO I will live though and your loss

Thats all, have a nice night
Uh.....we called you out on it on January 7th, (Read posts #61 and #62) and you blew right over them and ignored it completely.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...c-wiper-5.html

And none of us hide behind our usernames. You need to calm down, and I would advise you to think again before you say another derogatory word about anybody else here.

Shane McDougal
Blackey, KY
 
  #28  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
1930 Dodge
1930 Dodge is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 661
1930 Dodge is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 1983F1503004x4 View Post
I will give you a word of advice, and I will do so nicely. I feel it's my responsibility to do since I brought the fact up to you that a lot of forums don't like people double posting topics in multiple areas of the forum, therefore I'd like you to listen and pay attention. If you can't do that, take a break, go sit down somewhere quiet, and let your thoughts simmer a while until you come to a logical conclusion based on the information I'm about to give you. After that, I don't care what you do, what you say, or how you say it.

The first thing you should know and recognize is because someone doesn't wear a badge or hold a title over their head doesn't mean that you shouldn't respect them. I and several other members of FTE have given you MORE than adequate assistance based on the questions you asked. We have done this without asking anything of you in return, and did so for free because we are willing to dedicate our free time that we could be spending elsewhere helping people over the internet that feel like they don't have to respect others because they don't have a fancy title or badge on their shirt.

The second thing you should realize is that nobody here is obligated to help you or take any insults or wisecracks that you feel like dishing out because of the fact that someone reminded you of proper forum etiquette and conduct on a website that is run by people who are willing to help others free of charge. I don't know where you're from or how you treat others but here on Ford Trucks Enthusiasts, this sort of behavior is very ill taken and is not tolerated for long.

So next time, when you get your panties in a wad and decide to chastise someone for reminding you of proper forum etiquette, take a break to stop typing and do everybody a favor and spare them the trouble of having to remind you why we have such rules in place.

I'm not going to report this post to a moderator or expect any action to be taken regardless if a moderator views this or not because I expect you, who is (hopefully) a grown adult who is capable of recognizing the fact that others around him are not adolescents, to be able to realize that you made a mistake in your choice of words and conduct and that you are able to grow from your mistake.

Have a nice day, and consider your choice of dialogue the next time somebody who willingly helps you at the expense of their time at no charge reminds you of proper forum etiquette.

I also recommend you read the forum guidelines.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Discussion Forum Guidelines
Sorry dont have time to read all of that, again though I suggest you contact a moderator.
 
  #29  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM
1930 Dodge
1930 Dodge is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 661
1930 Dodge is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by havi View Post
Fair enough, but I suggest finding a truck that the parts can come from that are equivalent to that used on the F7. F7 is a 5 ton truck, the 1ton parts are likely not adequate no matter how you look at it. The Eaton 2sp. rear end uses the hydrovac system for a reason. You need to retain the hydrovac system. Other makes and models used a same or similar system, and may not be too hard to find. I'm not positive, but I'm willing to bet Ford used a similar system up through the 1980's, and that would include a dual MC.

Secondly, the hydrovac is simply a power booster for the rear wheels, newer versions, and I think GM used one for both front and rear. The newer style booster you are trying to use will not act as a better braking system with the engine off either (as you mentioned on another forum), they both use engine vacuum.

Thirdly, the system original to the F7 worked. It was engineered by Ford. To use a different sized MC than what was original to that truck would be reason for failure as you are experiencing. Original a 1.5" bore? Find a 1.5" bore MC. Original had wheel cylinders (1.25 front, 1.63 rear) of a specific size? Use that size.

I think you'd have been better off swapping the rear end to that of a newer truck and make compatible the braking system to that rear. Any way you look at it, that rear end is gonna be geared way low. My 2 cents.
All may very well be correct and appreciated, I am into this already with alot of effort and I will continue to try and find a way to make work what I have. If I could do it all over again I guess I would have differently.

There may come a point that I have no choice but I am not there yet. I have alot of posts out there on a couple of different forums and if and when I reach a solution I will post it here.

Rome was not built by one man but of course a group effort, I have learned alot by gathering info from a couple of other forums beside this one and I still feel that I will reach a solution to this ( probably ) final problem. Thanks
 
  #30  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM
1983F1503004x4
1983F1503004x4 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,908
1983F1503004x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.1983F1503004x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.1983F1503004x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 1930 Dodge View Post
Sorry dont have time to read all of that, again though I suggest you contact a moderator.
I just sent a report regarding your last "lengthy" post that included the number of forums that you visit (advertising), the rude posts to other forum members both prior and present to this thread (rude/harassment), and the circumvention of the site's censorship policy (vulgarity).

I'm also going to send a moderator a message and have him/her look at this thread and consider what to do with you.

Enough is enough, and it stops now, sir.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bleeding brakes on a 52 F-7


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.