My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal* - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal*

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal*

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The service manager "Shawn M." called me back, the same guy who has helped me through this ordeal the last 2 weeks now and has made me feel better about this, he has been nothing but great so this is starting to look up. I did not mention the body line but once I told him about the bed box he apologized and asked me to come in tomorrow so I said about noon. Till then!

Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Some detailed photos of the body line I just took 10 minutes ago.
Drivers side

Passenger side is perfect

Do you see what I see!

Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM
abslayer
Junior User
abslayer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks like mine only mine is a F 350 LB
and I did a little painting on mine

Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by abslayer View Post
Looks like mine only mine is a F 350 LB
and I did a little painting on mine
Hey! Nice F350 FX4 and your bed looks slightly higher on the drivers side like mines to! I was planning to cover the sides with scratch resistant matte black vinyl. I was thinking of following the body lines to the edge or completely covering the sides up to the straight line.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Another Reflection!
I can't stop thinking of exactly why this guy was so incompetent.
I know exactly what happened by inspecting the work.
I should be a inspector or detective !

"He knew he stripped them because the loop shows signs of the bolt spinning around on them to strip the paint, he then removed them and put some red liquid thread lock on them so they would stick but forgot to fully bolt them in" damage to the bolt heads from "air ratchet" This guys weapon of choice is his MAC air ratchet.

Passenger side I don't know what to say but maybe he was in a rush and could not find another matching "Black colored" bolt, probably all with the wrong threads anyways and the white one, where did this one come from? Notice rounded and damaged bolt heads from "air ratchet"

Photo of the "crime scene" notice MAC air ratchet on floor (installers weapon of choice to murder your bolt threads and heads)

Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
"SWEAR WORDS" I can't stop thinking, I am never letting this guy within 3 feet of my truck again. I sat in my car while we drove to the crime scene and he shifted my car into drive while it was still moving backwards. I am going to have a nice long chat with the service manager tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
abslayer
Junior User
abslayer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4 View Post
Hey! Nice F350 FX4 and your bed looks slightly higher on the drivers side like mines to! I was planning to cover the sides with scratch resistant matte black vinyl. I was thinking of following the body lines to the edge or completely covering the sides up to the straight line.

Good eye and yes it is higher on drivers side something that i am talking to dealer about.

You say yours is the same ??

Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Yes Abslayer,

I def notice because mines is the same!
Is yours also from Kentucky?
How many other SC LB SRW owners are going to check it out now?!!
Where are you located?
Here is a photo with reference lines This is the day after I bought my truck and took photos again (1-6-2013)

And another one i posted earlier but here it is again, close up showing that it is higher then the cab.

Maybe we need to get together and show them our trucks! lol

Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
So yesterday morning at around 8:30am I made an appointment to see the service manager today (Tue 1-22-13 @ 12:00pm) I drove 100 miles from the Bay Area
Driving to dealer at 10am

showed up at 12:15 and waited a few minutes

another guy comes out to help me. I explained all the issues to him and as always the guys are very nice, the brought "The Bolt/Thread murdering tech again to see, he put his dirty hands on my truck again! I held myself back from saying something smart to him then told the service manager please don't ever let me see his face again. After a short talk about the alignment issues and stripped threads still nothing. It is a bigger issue so they have to wait for Mr. Moore to come back in from being sick! I like Mr. Moore since he has the same name my 1-5th grade PE teacher had who also taught me the guitar and scuba diving. I'll wait for him I said then gave my Finance/sales guy a call and he was coming in in 30 minutes so i decided to hang out in the dealer lot where I bought my truck from and check out some of the other beds.

Here are 2 other trucks, all have alignment issues on the drivers side.
I think some guy that works on the drivers side at the Kentucky plant is having a little to much whiskey while working.

A white crew cab but not as pronounced, still off

Another Crew Cab, looks like the Super-Cab guys have it worse =(

ok my truck has 3 black bolts and one white one. Looks like all the brand new trucks have White Bolts not black!

My dealer just got to work and I was hanging out with him for about 5 minutes looking into my bed box/liner trim job and LOOK AT THIS!

Right under the left side of the FORD logo. Do you see that sticking out from the corner!!

Here is a close up "FML"

What if I cut myself on that broken, rusty "NAIL" or whatever it is! How the "F" does this happen and how did I not see it till now! You can see it happened before they put the liner in from the inwards puncture wound.
""WHAT THE @#[email protected]#" At least my dealer was right there with me and said stop looking at your car.
I don't know what to say now or do but to just wait for the service manager to get better and SEE ME! I only got 6 hours of sleep the past 2 days and am not feeling well/good about this truck anymore.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Am I just being "picky" or is this just not acceptable?
So finally after through inspecting on the dealer "BED LINER" job to my box I am very unhappy with what I saw. Mind you this is after 3 visits just to get the tailgate correct from stripped threads to 3 of the bolt holes from this guys "AIR RATCHET"

Passenger side:
Mis-matched bolts and bolt heads rounded off.
(not inspected but suspect stripped threads like drivers side)
Bed Liner was trimmed leaving unsightly error. Tell me if im mistaken, are those corner loop caps installed backwards?

Drivers Side:
I inspected the bed because I heard rattles from behind while going over bumps. I found both upper and lower bolts were not completely bolted in, I removed them and found RED liquid thread lock and that the threads were stripped also. But the liner was not trimmed on this side which looks normal at least. Bolt heads also rounded off from air ratchet tools.

Photo of both sides together to show the ugly trim/hack job to passenger side. Notice the single white bolt also!

Now what are they going to do?!?!
I just checked out the photo from "POST #40" and you can see the nail in that photo also! I just didn't catch it that day!

I thought buying a brand new car meant not having to worry about so many problems,
boy was I wrong.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation

I feel like cutting myself now!

I don't mean any disrespect, but I hope that was frustration talking. I feel badly that you are not satisfied with your truck, I really do. That being said, everything you have pointed out is fixable and there is no need to over-react and talk like you did above. It's a material possession and not worth this much aggravation. I don't want to create any enemies here, but please do not talk that way again unless you truly feel this way. If you do, I encourage you to ask for real help and not make mention of it on a forum.

Good luck on being satisfied with the repairs to your truck

Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM
smallcandle
Junior User
smallcandle is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can relate to your obsessive tendancies, but you need to calm down. Once you buy as many new vehicles as I have you will realize that nothing is ever perfect and that any 'defects' can be fixed if they bother you enough. Try to get back to enjoying your truck - everything will be fine.

That being said, however, I totally understand your frustration and encourage you to get the issues fixed. Remember, remaining calm and patient will be your best tool.

Last edited by smallcandle; 01-23-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
I don't mean any disrespect, but I hope that was frustration talking. I feel badly that you are not satisfied with your truck, I really do. That being said, everything you have pointed out is fixable and there is no need to over-react and talk like you did above. It's a material possession and not worth this much aggravation. I don't want to create any enemies here, but please do not talk that way again unless you truly feel this way. If you do, I encourage you to ask for real help and not make mention of it on a forum.

Good luck on being satisfied with the repairs to your truck
It was more just a little story telling with emotions but I would not cut myself! I am enjoying the truck but not the problems created by the idiot who installed my bedliner. Finding the NAIL punctured through the bed liner was just it, I had enough if this BS. I don't need real help but sorry for tricking you into believing I do! haha

Originally Posted by smallcandle View Post
I can relate to your obsessive tendancies, but you need to calm down. Once you buy as many new vehicles as I have you will realize that nothing is ever perfect and that any 'defects' can be fixed of they bother you enough. Try to get back to enjoying your truck - everything will be fine.

That being said, however, I totally understand your frustration and encourage you to get the issues fixed. Remember, remaining calm and patient will be your best tool.
Trust me, I am calm but I sure did a good making it sound pretty bad (except the cutting myself part "Edited out") I did say FEEL not I am going to! this is my first new vehicle and I am super frustrated after driving 100 miles on Tuesday to be flaked on my the manager, I did not get a call letting me know.Yesterday, I called about 11am and the manager was in, why did they not call me to apologize and reschedule? Again it should be forth coming. The only thing that will help me relax is when they fix it.
In person at the dealer. I am professional & "calm" but when I get home I can release my frustrations here.

Before I read the replies I thought to myself:
I don't expect perfection but I want a fairly straight car.
Last night I noticed even the front bumper was mis-aligned then thought to myself, it isn't to bad, should I just let it go?. Is this what I should expect out of A Ford truck? I should just accept it and be happy right. Is this the American way? I guess so huh, just enjoy it. Well there are a few things they can do do make me feel better and we'll see if they do it but I think you can tell it's going to be pretty hard for them.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM
smallcandle
Junior User
smallcandle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wasn't the bedliner something they did "to make you feel better"? Well how has that worked out? What's the old saying, "You get what you pay for"? I'm not suggesting you should just accept every defect (and yes, there will always be some), but if you keep picking at this scab your truck will end up being nothing more than a huge scar and source of frustration for you. But it is your truck and your money, so proceed as you see fit. However, I would highly suggest you stop returning to this dealer for freebies that do nothing but cause you additional frustration.

Just don't expect everyone else on the forum to obsess or even agree with your approach. Yes, you can unleash your frustrations here but you also open yourself up to everyone else's opinions... Not trying to be a jerk here, just want to offer a different perspective on things.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by smallcandle View Post
Wasn't the bedliner something they did "to make you feel better"? Well how has that worked out? What's the old saying, "You get what you pay for"? I'm not suggesting you should just accept every defect (and yes, there will always be some), but if you keep picking at this scab your truck will end up being nothing more than a huge scar and source of frustration for you. But it is your truck and your money, so proceed as you see fit. However, I would highly suggest you stop returning to this dealer for freebies that do nothing but cause you additional frustration.

Just don't expect everyone else on the forum to obsess or even agree with your approach. Yes, you can unleash your frustrations here but you also open yourself up to everyone else's opinions... Not trying to be a jerk here, just want to offer a different perspective on things.
Thanks smallcandle & all the others who commented,
I do appreciate opinions from others, constructive criticism is always good and helps me see other points of view. I apologize for the things I typed earlier and to those who think I'm CRAZY! The bed liner & all weather floor mats were complimentary when I bought the car. I did not sit there for hours trying to talk them down, bought it and paid close to the MSRP + 7yr top tier 500+ warr/7yr pre-paid maintenance , they did give me the sales tax off the truck and threw in those parts.

I just got back from the dealer and it's looking up. I sat down and explained all I wanted was a new truck and put everything on the table.
I mentioned the wish list and emailed it to one of the 3 people I sat down with 30 minutes ago. I am now just waiting for a call back. They offered to give me a rental car & align my bed box and "helicoil" the lost threads but I refused that. I just said I cannot let the truck out of my sight, I am attached to her and need to be right there. Sorry If I may seem like the customer from hell but I just want my truck to be right. They took it in well and were very understanding. When I said my wish list was over $2500 of accessories. basically the value of an unpainted bed assembly without paint or installation. I will re-thread, realign the box myself and install all the accessories. I told them in no way is this ruing my experience with ford and I am sure they will take care of me. I said I would make some videos and give them good credits on my YouTube channel which gets over 10k views a month,They seemed to like that idea.They did not say no but basically said they will see what they can do. Now the waiting game. Wish me luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal*

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: