6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal*

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 04:50 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD
I also thought about single dose bottles, but ended up using a 32oz Stabil bottle. Allows me to accurately measure how much PM-22 goes in the tank.
I like those Stabil bottles, what would you say is the perfect dose of PM-22 per gallon or 30 gallons?

Old 01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD
I also thought about single dose bottles, but ended up using a 32oz Stabil bottle. Allows me to accurately measure how much PM-22 goes in the tank.
X2 on the Stabil bottles. Handy as a pocket on a shirt.

I use one for Stabil, one for Sea Foam, and one for two-cycle oil to add to gas cans.

I don't use one for the cetane booster because of the small opening in the Stabil bottle. If it was a larger opening I wouldn't mind using it, but, that cetane is powerful strong smelly stuff. I hate to get it on my skin. It takes days to wear off. I reuse the smaller 16 oz Power Service bottle for single doses. It has a wider mouth for refilling.

Don't forget to label them.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:58 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Ok I just found out the tech who installed my bed liner also stripped the threads on the front rope loop bolts and used red thread lock to hold them in! FML This will be my 4th visit to the dealer next week! Last week was my tailgate and now the front loops, I'm not letting that guy (tech) touch my car again! Obviously he used an air ratchet and these ford beds come with soft steel nuts/threads while the bolts are hardened which require you to hand thread then use a hand ratchet, I do not want to re-thread a brand new truck bed ( I got my new tailgate because of the same problem)! So I will push for a brand new one unless they throw in tons of accessories like the Skid Plate/Mud Guards/Bed Wheel Wells/Platinum Grill and tailgate cover and even possibly 120v converter plug. I am a little pissed at the tech but not the dealer, I just feel sorry they have a tech that does very bad work!

Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Ok I just found out the tech who installed my bed liner also stripped the threads on the front rope loop bolts and used red thread lock to hold them in! FML This will be my 4th visit to the dealer next week! Last week was my tailgate and now the front loops, I'm not letting that guy (tech) touch my car again! Obviously he used an air ratchet and these ford beds come with soft steel nuts/threads while the bolts are hardened which require you to hand thread then use a hand ratchet, I do not want to re-thread a brand new truck bed ( I got my new tailgate because of the same problem)! So I will push for a brand new one unless they throw in tons of accessories like the Skid Plate/Mud Guards/Bed Wheel Wells/Platinum Grill and tailgate cover and even possibly 120v converter plug. I am a little pissed at the tech but not the dealer, I just feel sorry they have a tech that does very bad work!
Unfortunately, they are in every industry out there. It is very frustrating having to follow around behind people and make sure they know what they are doing.

Nice truck BTW, and a belated welcome aboard. Hope you get taken care of.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by marchare011
Unfortunately, they are in every industry out there. It is very frustrating having to follow around behind people and make sure they know what they are doing.

Nice truck BTW, and a belated welcome aboard. Hope you get taken care of.
Thanks for the sentiments & welcome Marchare011,
Following them around is right on the money!~
After correcting my tailgate issue, he used hand tools but I am sure the tech knew he stripped the threads on the loop holes since there was red liquid thread lock used on both top and bottom bolts.They were not even completely screwed in, I was checking the bed for the rattling sound and fell upon these problems. 3 black bolts and one white one with a different head and numbers on them. I think that single (white) bolt may be the correct one, I only checked the drivers side and decided to look at the other pass side tomorrow which is probably stripped to!

AND ALL THE BOLT HEADS WERE ROUNDED OFF! SIGNS OF AN AIR RATCHET BEING USED! NO!

Not fully screwed in bolts with thread lock DR side! My guess is he knew he stripped them because the loop shows signs of the bolt spinning around on them to strip the paint, he then removed them and put some red liquid thread lock on them so they would stick but forgot to fully bolt them in. MY GOD!

Mis-matched bolts on drivers side!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Thanks for the sentiments & welcome Marchare011,
Following them around is right on the money!~
After correcting my tailgate issue, he used hand tools but I am sure the tech knew he stripped the threads on the loop holes since there was red liquid thread lock used on both top and bottom bolts.They were not even completely screwed in, I was checking the bed for the rattling sound and fell upon these problems. 3 black bolts and one white one with a different head and numbers on them. I think that single (white) bolt may be the correct one, I only checked the drivers side and decided to look at the other pass side tomorrow which is probably stripped to!

AND ALL THE BOLT HEADS WERE ROUNDED OFF! SIGNS OF AN AIR RATCHET BEING USED! NO!

Not fully screwed in bolts with thread lock DR side!

Mis-matched bolts on drivers side!!
Unreal!!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 AM
Adventure Rider
Senior User
Hope you plan to show the service manager

That is just hack work

Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by Adventure Rider
Hope you plan to show the service manager

That is just hack work
Totally HACK! I've visited the service manager 3 times, each time he has made me very happy with free tank of gas and free oil change on any other car I have since I paid for 7 years pre-paid maintenance on this truck already but I wonder what he will try to hook me up with this time? This is a bigger problem since it involves the actual bed, the nut/threads are welded onto it. I might be happy with a brand new bed but would consider re-tapping/threading the hole and using my own hardware if they give me $2500 cash back or credit for accessories, basically what the box is worth unpainted and without installation. This would save them in the long run considering I did not deal them down on the price and got the 7yr extended warranty/pre-paid maintenance. I would just spend it at the dealer anyways. I am getting all sorts of grief from this bed liner being installed. I'll find out Tuesday, I am going to just drop by without an appointment.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 507 Likes on 171 Posts
My guess is that have a kid there that does the accessories install. They are usually very green and do stuff that just makes say WTF.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:32 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Am I just being "picky" or is this just not acceptable?
So finally after through inspecting on the dealer "BED LINER" job to my box I am very unhappy with what I saw. Mind you this is after 3 visits just to get the tailgate correct from stripped threads to 3 of the bolt holes from this guys "AIR RATCHET"

Passenger side:
Mis-matched bolts and bolt heads rounded off.
(not inspected but suspect stripped threads like drivers side)
Bed Liner was trimmed leaving unsightly error. Tell me if im mistaken, are those corner loop caps installed backwards?

Drivers Side:
I inspected the bed because I heard rattles from behind while going over bumps. I found both upper and lower bolts were not completely bolted in, I removed them and found RED liquid thread lock and that the threads were stripped also. But the liner was not trimmed on this side which looks normal at least. Bolt heads also rounded off from air ratchet tools.

Photo of both sides together to show the ugly trim/hack job to passenger side. Notice the single white bolt also!

Now what are they going to do?!?!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,065 Likes on 2,216 Posts
I don't know what to tell you...
They screwed up, that's for sure. No way they will give you a new bed. I'd tell them to drill/tap new larger bolts and then tell them they can spray in a Line-X and get rid of the plastic liner, but that's just me.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM
elee3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts
Am I just being "picky"
No, that's not "picky". That's just expecting to get what you paid for. You shouldn't feel bad about that.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
I am now sad to say I just found out the line where the 1/2" angle around the car sits is about 1/2" higher between the cab and the bed. I just noticed it after my earlier posting, which caused me to inspect my car further! Did my dealer sell me a LEMON?
I been sitting here loosing my pride in this truck now. I am stressed out.
This photo was from a day after I bought it (1-6-2013) on the drivers side, look at the line under the side glass and the same body line going to the bed, it's higher.

Maybe you can see better in this photo but it's slightly in and higher.

Here is the passenger side the same day they installed my new tailgate off another car from the lot, the day they stripped my threads! You do notice the body lines match up in this photo!

Another photo of the passenger side the day after I bought her.

I have many ISSUES to address to my dealer now. I am stressed and actually really nervous now about this truck. and what is going to happen on Tuesday or even tomorrow when I call them. Should I wait till I see them in person to address these issues? I might loose sleep over this now. Maybe I messed up and bought the wrong truck.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 AM
RiverRatF-150
Junior User
I dont really see where the bed is high (maybe an optical illusion bc its pushed towards passenger side) but I do see where it looks like it is pushed towards the passenger side. have them realign the bed. My dads 99 superduty is the same way but really hard to notice unless ur looking really close.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by RiverRatF-150
I dont really see where the bed is high (maybe an optical illusion bc its pushed towards passenger side) but I do see where it looks like it is pushed towards the passenger side. have them realign the bed. My dads 99 superduty is the same way but really hard to notice unless ur looking really close.
I am loosing sleep over this and waiting for the service department to open up, it's 7:28AM right now and I am about to call them... Left a message, I hope someone calls me back soon. I did not notice right away either but now I do! Sorry for the not to detailed photos but yes, it is pushed up and in slightly. I am not happy with this because now knowing it is not perfectly lines up between the Bed & Cab really not acceptable to me. I also just looked at some photos of the gap between the bed box and the rear window line. Without measuring I can see it is shorter between the box and glass on the drivers side then the passenger side.

Here is a photo of the area I marked causing the issue.If you click on the larger image you can see the blue circle and red lines i traced along the body lines and how off it is. If you look at the lower rocker body line you can see the bed is slightly higher then the cab.

Quick Reply: My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal*