Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Your not gonna believe this........

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
camtscott
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminds me of a place I had in Clackamas. when the toilet plugged, he kept using it until it was full, then used the shower until it was full...... I didn't even try to clean the toilet, it was chucked out the 2nd story window, along with everything else.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM
camtscott
Freshman User
At least you located the renter and she's getting some help. But being in the medical community, I can say that the help she will receive will be pretty marginal at best.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
camtscott
Freshman User
Even though you will see some good money from this, I can't help but think how disgusting the clean out will be. (barf!)

Wish you the best of success on this project.

One of these days, I'm going to have to take a road trip up to your neck of the woods. It's been awhile since I have been to LoneRock and of course pass through Condon on the way.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning Rob. Maybe.......She did have renters insurance, so I'm documenting everything with pictures, and we'll ture it in to her insurance company. I sent out letters to all the renters this morning giving them 24 hours notice of inspections, and yes, the guy that's behind got a notice to pay up, or vacate the house. If I get no good answer by Monday the'll get a 72 hour eviction notice. Time for me to be a hardass......

Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Your welcome here anytime!

Yea, it's gonna be a nasty job, but someone has to do it, might as well be me....

Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Is the guy that's behind the same one that has the kids that were running around on the base? You could be so lucky.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Nope. Not the same one. The one with the brats had his wife tossed back in prison, and the kids went to their grandparents. No more brats!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Matthew_B
Senior User
Where did the water go out? Down a heater vent or what?

I had a water pipe break in my old house while we were out. I don't know when it broke, we were gone 3 days. It filled the heater ducts up throughout the house and we ended up with wet carpets around every register in the house.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Nope. Not the same one. The one with the brats had his wife tossed back in prison, and the kids went to their grandparents. No more brats!
That solved that problem

Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Matthew_B
Senior User
Too bad you're so far away Don, or I'd suggest you taking over for my MIL on her rentals. They bought two pieces of land to farm them, and those had 3 houses on them.

One has a nice, large house and a crappy single wide on it. The other has a 1940's self built house that is a bit 'funky' in design.

The large house has never been a problem. It's kind of selective because they want first and last and when that's $3K you tend not to have deadbeats moving in. They just can't save up that much.

The other house is a bit of a sad story. The guy had a bunch of medical problems and my MIL just couldn't bring herself to kicking the guy out, so she's now out 6 mo. rent.

Now the single wide is the biggest problem - although when they do go to jail, that at least makes eviction easy.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Matthew_B
Where did the water go out? Down a heater vent or what?

I had a water pipe break in my old house while we were out. I don't know when it broke, we were gone 3 days. It filled the heater ducts up throughout the house and we ended up with wet carpets around every register in the house.
Water just crept it's way across the flooring. It's caused the 3/8th flooring under the carpet, and the laminate flooring to buckel up. I won't know about any damage to the sub flooring or floor joists until it's all removed.

Originally Posted by kjvforme
That solved that problem
Thank God! I was about ready to blister some kids butts......

Originally Posted by Matthew_B
Too bad you're so far away Don, or I'd suggest you taking over for my MIL on her rentals. They bought two pieces of land to farm them, and those had 3 houses on them.

One has a nice, large house and a crappy single wide on it. The other has a 1940's self built house that is a bit 'funky' in design.

The large house has never been a problem. It's kind of selective because they want first and last and when that's $3K you tend not to have deadbeats moving in. They just can't save up that much.

The other house is a bit of a sad story. The guy had a bunch of medical problems and my MIL just couldn't bring herself to kicking the guy out, so she's now out 6 mo. rent.

Now the single wide is the biggest problem - although when they do go to jail, that at least makes eviction easy.
Just a little to far to travel.........

My first thought, get rid of the singe wide. Nothing but trouble, and most times loses money over a year...

Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Matthew_B
Senior User
Just curious, what does a house rent for over there? The single wide is $350 / mo, the 900SF house is $900 and the 2,200SF is $1,500.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I rent the 2 bedroom 1,200 sf homes for $550/ month, and the 3 bedroom 1,500 sf for $650/month. Since we supply all the water, and sewer, we charge $75/ month for unlimited water.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Hmmmmm. I may move out there with you!!! That's half of what things cost here.

Ya'll got too much snow for me tho....

Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Matthew_B
Senior User
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
Hmmmmm. I may move out there with you!!! That's half of what things cost here.

Ya'll got too much snow for me tho....
You better have a job there before you go, because there are none for you if you don't.

Quick Reply: Your not gonna believe this........