1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire PSI sensor shows low preasure

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM
redford
Received 1,564 Likes on 912 Posts
Originally Posted by rjfetz1
Why should it be up to the shop to check tire pressure requirements listed on the op door jam?
Seriously? This is what tire shops are supposed to do these days. Part of selling you a tire that fits your vehicle involves making the TPMS happy.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 AM
rjfetz1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redford
Seriously? This is what tire shops are supposed to do these days. Part of selling you a tire that fits your vehicle involves making the TPMS happy.
I got tires 6 weeks ago and the local shop did not ask me anything about my tpms. When they were all done they asked me what I wanted to run for pressure, I said 55psi which is below what the tpms calls for. Nothing further was discussed.
The shop the op went to didnt ask either. So yea I am serious.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
I would be unhappy if they sold me tires that left an alarm condidtion, and never even gave me a "heads up" that this would happen.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
I just look at the stupid idiot light . It doesnt bug me much. I am counting down the days till it burns out though. haha. Those TPMS systems don't meet my standards for reliability anyway. Maybe there will be a better option for these or they are gone altogether when I buy new tires.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Benny76
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only use discount tire and they always ask me on rotations how much air I want. I run 75 in the front and 65 in the rear unloaded. Pulling camper I run 75 and 80. But they always tell me "sir, your door plate recommends." and I explain my reasoning. Then they say "ok, that makes sense but we like to make sure." I think tire shops selling tires to people that don't at least warn (I said at least WARN) them about such issues suck. Just like this thread. This guy buys tires and has an issue that he didn't know would happen and has to come to FTE to get the answer. Or how about the millions of people out there that don't know anything about their vehicle. It's sort of like a guy going to an A/C shop and saying "Sir, can you top off my A/C with R-12 in my 2006, it's not cooling right" because he saw his buddy add R-12 to his 67 Camaro. And the shop does it. Or the little old lady in the SuperDuty that takes her ailing husbands truck in for new tires and they put P rated Kumho's on it. Of course the other side of the coin is the tire shop that recommends something and the crotchety old geezer or know it all middle aged guy gets pissed because they insulted his car smarts. I try to see both sides of the coin, but I promise you judge Judy would have a tires shops A** if Ms. Daisy totaled her F350 and P rated tires were the cause of it. They should know to tell people that their TPMS light will be on in my opinion, but my opinion is just that. Mine.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:31 AM
itry2fly
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Benny76
I only use discount tire and they always ask me on rotations how much air I want. I run 75 in the front and 65 in the rear unloaded. Pulling camper I run 75 and 80. But they always tell me "sir, your door plate recommends." and I explain my reasoning. Then they say "ok, that makes sense but we like to make sure." I think tire shops selling tires to people that don't at least warn (I said at least WARN) them about such issues suck. Just like this thread. This guy buys tires and has an issue that he didn't know would happen and has to come to FTE to get the answer. Or how about the millions of people out there that don't know anything about their vehicle. It's sort of like a guy going to an A/C shop and saying "Sir, can you top off my A/C with R-12 in my 2006, it's not cooling right" because he saw his buddy add R-12 to his 67 Camaro. And the shop does it. Or the little old lady in the SuperDuty that takes her ailing husbands truck in for new tires and they put P rated Kumho's on it. Of course the other side of the coin is the tire shop that recommends something and the crotchety old geezer or know it all middle aged guy gets pissed because they insulted his car smarts. I try to see both sides of the coin, but I promise you judge Judy would have a tires shops A** if Ms. Daisy totaled her F350 and P rated tires were the cause of it. They should know to tell people that their TPMS light will be on in my opinion, but my opinion is just that. Mine.
OK Benny,

So here's what we know about you from your "Quote" reply postings.

1) Your cheep from your comments regarding your choice of tire shops
2) You don't rotate your own tires, but you do rotate, GOOD BOY!
3) You you make up your own tire pressures.
4) You are arrogant in your assumptions, assuming that someone is not informed.
5) You assume that tire shop hire college graduates in tire-oligy. since they should know everything about every vehicles tire and MFG's required tire pressure.
6) You like to argue and have a tendency to ramble on, Blah, Blah, Blah
7) You appear to know to much for one but not enough for two. ( In my humble opinion )

FYI--I was told this might be an issue, but they did not have the ability to correct it. The dealership that I bought my truck at said it could not be done. I did not buy into that answer so created this thread about a "2013" truck. I have other vehicles that have TPMS so I have personal general knowledge of TPMS. No I am not an expert in Tire-oligy.

No I did not look back in model yr's 2010,11,12 to see if this was an old problem. My fault, Bad Andy-- SORRY!

I want to thank you! You have again confirmed again to me why I hate these types forums. It's because they always have guys that are to da%$ smart for their own good and they always, always gotta prove it!

Words of Wisdom---My dad always told me to sit back and let everyone think I was an as&%ole and not to open my mouth and prove them right! Well you have proven yourself yourself to me! Blah, Blah, Blah

No need to reply to this because I will not be returning to this thread so you can just crawl back under your crotchety old geezer rock, unless you want to prove number 5 above is 100% accurate and amuse the rest of the thread followers.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
rjfetz1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ - OUCH!! Got up on the wrong side of the bed I guess. Glad I didn't help him.

Anyways - chances are his BFG's won't last to long running them at the maximum pressure of 65psi.

P.S - no need to reply because I won't be checking back either.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Benny76
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EDIT It's too bad you feel that way. I wasn't attacking you. Either way, stick around and see more people than me. It's a wealth of knowledge as you can see. We have Ford Techs on here that will help you troubleshoot your stuff in the garage. And try to remember that it's text, you can't see my face. I smile a lot. I think everything is fun just about. Either way just remember you got your answer here, not at the tire shop or the Ford dealership. So don't let me ruin you, give the guys a chance. You will benefit from it if you want to get the real deal on your ride.