S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Another new Excursion owner in the hood...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 AM
aquiverfull
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another new Excursion owner in the hood...

Hi All!
Wow! I came across this forum researching lifts, tires and wheels for my long awaited baby girl (2005 Eddie Bower, Excursion , 6.0, 62k miles).

Back in March 2000 (very) pregnant with our 4th child I decided we needed a bigger car than the 90 Honda Accord. Walked on a lot with 3 toddlers in tow, wheeled and dealed for a new '99 GMC Suburban as the new '00 body style had just come out months prior. The 1st line of Ex's I think just came out as well and at the time I didn't know much about them.

Well, I left with that GMC, at a very good price Soon after I caught the Excursion fever and have lived with Excursion envy for the last 12 years, lol!! Still have the GMC, (never had a problem with it BTW ) Shopped for months, tons of phone calls, until I finally got real serious and then it was a matter of 3-4 weeks shopping online and found our Ex out in Duarte at a Ford dealership. Not the color I wanted, it is the red and beige combo. I wanted all black or white. The interior looks and smells brand new, so freaking amazing! Still trying to get used to the diesel gas smell, and the slow take off. Also have to turn off the car in drive thru's...they can't hear me, lol! But I like how it sounds

So here I have landed! I think I have read over 100 pages in just a few threads here, this forum is awesome!! I was so stoked to come across this So Cal Chapter too! I have a friend with an Excursion and we joked about starting a club, getting shirts made up, etc.

My hubby and I are in our 40's, we have been together since we were 16, born and raised in Orange County, CA. We are 1 mile from Dana Point Harbor and have 6 kids. We LOVE to be at the beach, skiing and snowboarding, surfing, walking the San Clemente trail, and Mtn. bike riding. Hubby and the kids skateboard...I'll keep my teeth, thank you!

I too do not like the mall (Bernie, lol!) I love car lots (with big trucks), and almost rear-ended someone today checking out the truck's wheels next to me, ha! My kids think I am crazy, but love it when I do doughnuts in dirt lots, take them out on the dirt road in our F250 to the Holy Jim Trail, or just go over the dang curb if we can't clear it. As a kid and young adult my time spent with my dad was at the river or dirt bike riding in the desert, so I have dirt in my blood Sold all of our dirt bikes and quads a year ago, so I am really missing the dirt now.

Plan on getting a 5-6" lift, 35-37 on the tires depending on the lift, and 18 or 20's for the wheels depending on the tires. Do any of you have a 6" lift? How is parking at Costco and target? lol! I am up for the challenge

Do you do your own work, or do you go to a local off road shop? I have been to Outlaw Offroad, that place is insanely cool! Also really like the small shop feel at Full Tilt Off-Road in San Clemente. It is all boiling down to a price point now...$igh

Looking forward to keeping up with you all!
Tracy

Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the SoCal chapter. Great group of people here.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Tracy, and welcome to the club. With only 62k on that '05, it's a good find! We'd love to see some pics of it.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Welcome Tracy
Great group of folks here.
Woohoo, the Ex's are on the march.
Somewhere Sean is smiling

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM
aquiverfull
New User
Thanks for the warm welcome SoCal Chapter members!

I will take some pictures of my Excursion. It is standard issue stock now, so I will add more picts as it transforms over time. I couldn't download any picts for a signature? It could have been too many pixels or because I have only 2 or 3 posts?

Tracy

Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not the image size, it takes 10 days + 5 posts before a new user can set up a signature.

More on all that kind of stuff here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ml#post6277624

Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 AM
aquiverfull
New User
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
It's not the image size, it takes 10 days + 5 posts before a new user can set up a signature.

More on all that kind of stuff here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ml#post6277624
Ah, okay, I will check out the info. Thanx Steve!