6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

New member, new truck! link to pics....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 AM
GSSF17
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New member, new truck! link to pics....

Ok, been lurking here for about 4 months. I bought a white in color 2012 F-250 XLT Extended Cab long wheel base in December of 12. 6.2 L gas with the 3.73. I friggin love this truck.

Coming from a Dodge with a Hemi, I was not worried about gas mileage. Please note that I am keeping track, especially with my additions. I will report back on mileage, for sure

Anyway, I will try to post up some pics soon, but here is what I have done so far:

Muffler delete- kept the resonaters, literally just cut the muffler out and welded in 3" pipe. Sounds WONDERFUL. No cackle, pop.....just a good low tone. Stuck a 3.5 to 4 inch 16" long tip on there for sport.

K&N full intake system- Best mod, hands down. A little noisier than stock (obviously), but seemed to wake up the engine a bit.

Volant throttle body spacer- may be snake oil, but I seemed to notice a bit snappier throttle response out of the hole. 36 bucks, so I figured what the heck. Easy install and can't hurt.

Installed factory fog lights from an Ebay kit (fairway ford in Ohio)- came with new switch and everything. Took an hour and a half to install, but went in clean and works great. Now the signals and running lights work in my mirrors as well (did not before).

Did Herculiner in the bed. That was a chore, not gonna lie. Taking a sander and a stripping wheel to your brand new truck was hard to wrap my brain around at first. Turned out great, and took every bit of a gallon and an extra quart to cover the bed, walls, and tailgate. With this kit, just like painting anything, prep is the key. I do also like the fact that I can go buy another quart and touch up or roll another layer on the floor in a couple years.

There you go...pics soon when I can steal the camera from the misses.... Thanks for all the helpful information in this forum, and looking forward to the membership here.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 AM
THUNDERBOLT64
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like some good mods. Glad to here the the light kit worked for you. I have been thinking about getting one for mine.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to FTE! I'm a sucker for that cab/bed configuration. I only went to crew cab to house more kids, otherwise I'd have gotten another ext cab/long bed. So yeah, get some pics up!

I've never thought much more of the TB spacers than an expensive paper weight, but that's my opinion. What'll really wake that throttle response up is a tuner. I still can't believe the difference in my throttle with my tuner vs. stock.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 PM
GSSF17
Senior User
Thanks, guys. Hope to get some pics up tomorrow.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Front Runner
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GSSF17
Ok, been lurking here for about 4 months. I bought a white in color 2012 F-250 XLT Extended Cab long wheel base in December of 12. 6.2 L gas with the 3.73. I friggin love this truck.

Coming from a Dodge with a Hemi, I was not worried about gas mileage. Please note that I am keeping track, especially with my additions. I will report back on mileage, for sure

Anyway, I will try to post up some pics soon, but here is what I have done so far:

Muffler delete- kept the resonaters, literally just cut the muffler out and welded in 3" pipe. Sounds WONDERFUL. No cackle, pop.....just a good low tone. Stuck a 3.5 to 4 inch 16" long tip on there for sport.

K&N full intake system- Best mod, hands down. A little noisier than stock (obviously), but seemed to wake up the engine a bit.

Volant throttle body spacer- may be snake oil, but I seemed to notice a bit snappier throttle response out of the hole. 36 bucks, so I figured what the heck. Easy install and can't hurt.

Installed factory fog lights from an Ebay kit (fairway ford in Ohio)- came with new switch and everything. Took an hour and a half to install, but went in clean and works great. Now the signals and running lights work in my mirrors as well (did not before).

Did Herculiner in the bed. That was a chore, not gonna lie. Taking a sander and a stripping wheel to your brand new truck was hard to wrap my brain around at first. Turned out great, and took every bit of a gallon and an extra quart to cover the bed, walls, and tailgate. With this kit, just like painting anything, prep is the key. I do also like the fact that I can go buy another quart and touch up or roll another layer on the floor in a couple years.

There you go...pics soon when I can steal the camera from the misses.... Thanks for all the helpful information in this forum, and looking forward to the membership here.

Congrats!!!

Pics or it didnt happen...

Old 01-12-2013, 09:42 AM
GSSF17
Senior User
Originally Posted by Front Runner

Pics or it didnt happen...

I think I got it......

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/m...0&ref=gnr-next