1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

55 F100 Owners??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:05 PM
tetfemal
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all for the information. I've been saving and waiting to find the right truck. All the trucks that I've came across will require way too money in order to get it in running condition.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM
dgonza29
New User
I have a 55 and I have just started to make mine safe just like what you want. I am adding a power steering and an aftermarket tilt steering column. I have been fortunate to find all the needed part at a junkyard and saved a lot of money. Be patient and find the best truck for your money.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 AM
qmanconfused
Senior User
hi new guy....

I'm impressed by the guys on the fte. it makes me proud to be a part(altho a small one) of this network. great info from guys that have been there, done that!

be ware that this is not a hobby for the faint of heart. when you get in the tab starts rolling. you can have any truck you want if it costs you every dime you will ever make. so, suck it up and be cost effective in every place you can. buying the best truck you can afford is a good place to start.

its a great hobby and please don't go in thinking you'll make money by flipping trucks.....yes, it happens occasionally but most of the time its not an easy place to add up the $$$. take pride in your truck and enjoy it every time you can.

don't expect your girl friend/wife to share in your love for your f series. that, too happens, but not all that often. mostly, they want you to spend all your money on them.

enjoy the journey, getting there is much of the fun. the more you realize that the more fun it becomes.

welcome to the fte and i'll be looking for more posts from you.

qman in n.y.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 AM
tetfemal
New User
Originally Posted by qmanconfused
hi new guy....

I'm impressed by the guys on the fte. it makes me proud to be a part(altho a small one) of this network. great info from guys that have been there, done that!

be ware that this is not a hobby for the faint of heart. when you get in the tab starts rolling. you can have any truck you want if it costs you every dime you will ever make. so, suck it up and be cost effective in every place you can. buying the best truck you can afford is a good place to start.

its a great hobby and please don't go in thinking you'll make money by flipping trucks.....yes, it happens occasionally but most of the time its not an easy place to add up the $$$. take pride in your truck and enjoy it every time you can.

don't expect your girl friend/wife to share in your love for your f series. that, too happens, but not all that often. mostly, they want you to spend all your money on them.

enjoy the journey, getting there is much of the fun. the more you realize that the more fun it becomes.

welcome to the fte and i'll be looking for more posts from you.

qman in n.y.
Most definitely! I'm not in it for the flip! I'm 28 and always loved classic trucks. The 54-56 F100s has always been my favorite and always wanted to restore one.

At the end of the day, the end cost is not an issue. I'm just waiting for the right truck to invest in and due to the fact that I won't be doing any of the bodywork my self, I don't want to buy something that will require a ton load of money in bodywork.

In it for a lifetime & the misses will have to deal with it whenever she comes into the picture lol.

Anybody in the South Florida area that knows where to get parts and a good bodyshop for future references, please let me know.