6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

H&S tuner or other tuners

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 PM
bigtwinharley
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&S tuner or other tuners

Ok guys who have tuned your truck need some feedback. I know every one is going to say it runs great but the real question is have you had any problems out of them have you had to take your truck back to the dealer for any warranty work to be done with it being tuned. I have heard so many different story's of dealers cant tell its tuned if you put the stock DPF back on and others say the dealer can tell.

What I am thinking of doing is tuner, delete DPF, and just unplug the EGR cooler that way if I need warranty work done its just a matter of putting the DPF on and returning it to stock tune.

Your input Please

Thanks

Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM
gsxr1300
Posting Guru
If you want one you better order quick the EPA shut down H&S

Old 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Von-Overkill
Senior User
I have the SCT X3 partnered with the Torq 2.1 fueling module from IDP.
Acceleration is much improved, though I still consider my 9500 pound truck a real pig performance-wise. But hey, every little bit helps. I've only been running this tuner a few days, so I'm still tweaking the fuel module settings.

I had a very similar tuner on my 6.0L, and the dealer never caught on. My 6.0L had full deletes, while my 6.7L is still DPF-on. Most tuners allow you to go back to stock for a visit to the dealer, but some do not return your exact tune, but a similar "generic" tune. A sharp tech can spot these things, so it's not a black and white answer.

My 6.0L managed 22 MPG's, but my 6.7L is lucky to get 17 (same gear ratios). It has averaged 15.5 since I got it. We'll see how the new tuner changes that. Summer fuel should help numbers also.

It's just a matter of time before people are put into camps for personalizing their rides. Eventually (soon), a preventive strike by our pathetic leaders will declaw all of us (to protect us from ourselves, of course), and enjoying our trucks will be just a distant dream. Good thing I'm feeling optimistic today!!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsxr1300
If you want one you better order quick the EPA shut down H&S
Any Idea when they are supposed to stop production on the Black Maxs? I read the thread that the EPA was going to crack down, but it didnt say when. Id like to get one, just to have so that when I do the delete I can have it.

Sorry OP for the Hijack, no disrespect intended.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 PM
gsxr1300
Posting Guru
Snyder performace engineering has been advertising that the still had some I don't know if they still do

Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 PM
gsxr1300
Posting Guru
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Thanks Gsxr, Ive been looking around for a COMPLETE kit and cant find one. I been looking for about an hour for a Mini Max and cant find one. Anyone got any ideas where to find one? I found a EGR delete kit, but not a MM. Also, the Mini Max I found does not come with the Pyrometer, do I really need that. I know that it tells what temps are, but thats just exhaust temps, correct\?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,061 Likes on 2,214 Posts
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Once again Savage, you guys on here are awesome. Can you tell me if a Pyrometer is necessary?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,061 Likes on 2,214 Posts
No, you can reuse one from the rocketship (DPF) you remove from your truck.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Your gonna need the egr block off plates to install the pyro from your dpf.

I'd hurry up and buy it from SPE too, they say they don't have too many left. I bought mine off them when this whole EPA thing started, SPE was great to deal with.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:56 PM
CountryD
Senior User
Originally Posted by 2ndStroke
Your gonna need the egr block off plates to install the pyro from your dpf.

I'd hurry up and buy it from SPE too, they say they don't have too many left. I bought mine off them when this whole EPA thing started, SPE was great to deal with.
Thanks fellas, once again, didnt mean to Hijack thread OP.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 PM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bigtwinharley
Ok guys who have tuned your truck need some feedback. I know every one is going to say it runs great but the real question is have you had any problems out of them have you had to take your truck back to the dealer for any warranty work to be done with it being tuned. I have heard so many different story's of dealers cant tell its tuned if you put the stock DPF back on and others say the dealer can tell.

What I am thinking of doing is tuner, delete DPF, and just unplug the EGR cooler that way if I need warranty work done its just a matter of putting the DPF on and returning it to stock tune.

Your input Please

Thanks
They'll be able to tell if they look hard enough. Gotta pay to play.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:26 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigtwinharley

Your input Please

Thanks

I have a spartan tuner.
It is supposed to be the most "undetectable" tuner available.

Me and some guys at ford played around, and they can easily detect if it was on there or not.
We tried all kinds of scenarios, it is impossible to hide the tuners installation.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:33 PM
gsxr1300
Posting Guru
Even after flashing back to stock?

Quick Reply: H&S tuner or other tuners