Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada "2013" HAPPY NEW YEAR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, I'm still alive. :P

What a frickin' mess. UNLV ended up thinking I was going to be a transfer student, so they waited until the last minute to review my application. Then they found out I had under 24 credits, so they denied my application. Sigh. This was with only 2 weeks before the start of the Spring 2013 semester.

So, they tell me to go to CSN to make up the remaining credits I need (supposedly 10) to make the 24 I need to be accepted into UNLV. And UNLV tells me that I can transfer my Financial Aid loans to CSN. Yaaaaa...

So, I go to CSN (which I was accepted into in 2011) and found out I can't transfer the FA loans, but have to re-apply for them. Sigh. Ok, fine. But one of the requirement for applying for the FA loans is that you have to have all of your transcripts reviewed. That takes up to 8 weeks. UGGGGHHHH... So, this just isn't my semester. So, now I can't attend the Spring 2013 semester anywhere because CSN doesn't even have my college transcripts yet, let alone taking 8 weeks to review my transcripts to see what will transfer to them.

So, I was also able to go online today on the CSN website and they provide a section that lets you see what would "normally" transfer to them (creditswise) and now I find out that only 6 out of my 14 credits will transfer. Sigh again. So, basically it's like me starting all over and I probably could almost start over and then file for the loan like that and make it into the Spring 2013 semester that starts on 1/22. (10 days from now) It's truly a mess.

So, it looks like I'll be going to CSN for longer than expected and will HOPEFULLY start in Summer of 2013.

Sooooo, what excitement have you all had going on this week? LOL!!!!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Donna, you confuse me a little. You say "house" where I thought you meant mobile home. Then I noticed you said fifth wheel and also travel trailer. Is there any actual real estate involved? There is a trouble spot for Jimmy if he accepted any money and signed a receipt with just an address. The address only pertains to the LAND. The real estate only. It looks like Jimmy sold her some real estate that he doesn't own.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:05 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Howdy there my FTE, friends and family !!!
I have been MIA because of my computer and my internet service... I finally got some GREAT help with the computer from "GEMBONE" a.k.a. Greg in Las Vegas !!! All I know for sure is it works like a computer should ... "MANY THANKS GREG" I tried to follow his instructions ... but as we know truck drivers aren't too bright ... but I must have done something right cuz ....I got internet YEAH !!!!

Then, my trusty truck had a problem.... the fuel tank selector switch licked up and I couldn't change to my full tank GGGGGRRR!!! I chose to visit out local JY's and found 1 ruck that had a switch that fit ... problem "SOLVED" !!!

I know that some of you live in some really cold areas, and are feeling winters bite... We had a low of 19* Sat.A.M and are due to have it drop to 11* Sun. AM. ... But it will rebound to 15* on Mon. A.M. .... Have a great rest of the weekend ... Play safe and stay warm !!!! Dave

Old 01-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Glad to see you finally got your internet issue resolved Oldmongo. I was glad to help for the little bit that I did.
Glad to hear you got the truck fixed as well.

R1_Demon, I hate that you are having such a time getting your school situation worked out.
I might have to drop out of my degree if I can't get my FA straight. They want to say I still owe $4k for this term.
I will get to talk to my FA adviser on Monday so I am trying not to stress but it's frustrating.

I hope everyone is getting tucked in and keeping warm for the night.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, hope the weekend is going well!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good Sunday morning NV enthusiasts, still raining here ........

Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Good Sunday morning NV enthusiasts, still raining here ........
Hey Gigger, something is really wrong with this picture... it's raining in Canada ... and last night the temp dropped to 16* and if we would have had some moisture filled clouds it would have snowed I'm Dave LOL !!!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Gembone
I have always been a fan of the 70's F100 trucks. I prefer SWB but can't be too picky as long as it's reliable.

so, Donna whats the truck Jim is talking about? I can't do anything money wise until I get my tax return but might be able to work out something.
Thanks Jim!

My husband has a 1970 F100 Stepside w/ a straight 6 in it. We just trailered it from MoundHouse to our place Stagecoach. It will need some stuff - battery & the alternator is going out, ignition/solenoid, tune up/LOF & probably tires. (It does come w/ an extra set of tires on rims, extra body parts, & an afterrmarket bench seat). If your interested, I can put you in touch w/ my hubby?! Bruce (Bdox) has seen it in person & can give you his opinion as well. Let me know...

Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Morning FTE'ers. I hope everyone stayed warm last night.

Sounds interesting Donna. If you can shoot me a PM with more info, price and maybe some pics.
My biggest issue would be getting it to Vegas. That's 7.5-8 hour drive to stagecoach isn't it?
I have no way to trailer it so I would have to bring stuff it needed to repair and drive back.
I am like most people in this economy, broke.
If you don't think that is an option then I should probably keep looking.
Bruce what did you think of the truck as-is?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
Donna, you confuse me a little. You say "house" where I thought you meant mobile home. Then I noticed you said fifth wheel and also travel trailer. Is there any actual real estate involved? There is a trouble spot for Jimmy if he accepted any money and signed a receipt with just an address. The address only pertains to the LAND. The real estate only. It looks like Jimmy sold her some real estate that he doesn't own.

Sorry Bruce. How about I just say.."my place" instead?! Technically it is a 1973 Westwood Torch Mobile home located on rented land.(no, I don't own the land either) It might be a old POS, but it has 4 walls, a floor & a roof w/ no leaks & everything works. Yes, that's what I told Jimmy about the way Cindy wrote up the receipt & that they opened up a can of worms when he signed it! I wish you could see it for yourself, but I don't want to get anyone involved (other than a shoulder to whine & cry on) LOL!

The travel trailer (5th wheel) are one in the same to me - used for camping off the ground away from snakes, bugs, etc! (just pulled differently) Is there a difference?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
5th Wheels are larger than what most people consider a travel trailer.
A lot of people consider a travel trailer one that hooks to a regular bumper hitch like an Airstream.
But I think he confused the mobile home with the travel trailer.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Happy Sunday evening Nevada FTE! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Jim

Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Well it's Monday again, let's make the best of it NV gang ......

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, the work week is upon us....

Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Morning FTE'ers, hope you enjoyed your weekend because it's back to work.

Quick Reply: Nevada "2013" HAPPY NEW YEAR Thread