Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

Pep Boys in Annapolis now has a dedicated Speed Shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Enzo_Guy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pep Boys in Annapolis now has a dedicated Speed Shop

And currently I'm the only dedicated Speed Shop employee! I was working on cars when I heard about it and, well let's be honest, instead of getting my hands dirty on mommy's minivan I'm dealing with getting headers for a guy's 350-powered '53 Chevy 150! Anyways, I just wanted to make an informal public announcement to my fellow Ford truck owners that we've got a true Speed Shop and we are NOT some mickey mouse Chinese-supplied aisle 11 for cheap plastic chrome pieces like you might be used to at Autozone (admittedly that's what I expected at first from Pep Boys but was pleasantly surprised).

While our floor inventory is a lot of SBC parts and $4.99 LED light strips, those 33x12.50R15 Mickey Thompson MTZ Bajas sitting next to the E/T slicks aren't just for show (even if they are a little small ). Judging by all the Banks parts, tuners, Ford Racing logos, and other such stuff I saw I realized someone forgot Ford makes something other than trucks. The sweet stuff isn't on the floor, though. They have a catalog for all of the vendor catalogs for ordering things like lift kits, lowering kits, stroker crate engines, blowers, stroker crate engines with blowers, nitrous systems, turbo kits, big off-road tires, big tires that never let go of the road, and pretty anything a guy with a Ford truck could ever want! Oh, and I'm not just a performance guy, if you need regular parts I was previously a commercial parts guy along with a background in mechanics. I'm not some underpaid high school graduate they yanked off the street that thinks you're pulling a prank when you ask for exhaust fluid (Blue Def, makes for endless laughter harassing new guys at other parts places). If you need some new toys for your truck with that Christmas money or you just ran out of Motorcraft boxes in your garage, stop by Pep Boys and ask for Chad (I can normally be found drooling on the Ford Racing catalog ).

Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Good to know. I guess you can help me with this project too... I need to replace the stock bearings With some high performance ones

Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Enzo_Guy
New User
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
Good to know. I guess you can help me with this project too... I need to replace the stock bearings With some high performance ones
What year C6 Corvette?

Since the newer Corvettes have a variable exhaust note that is controlled by a butterfly valve inside the muffler "technically" the butterfly rotates on a bearing. So what year do you need those muffler bearings for?

Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 AM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
A Ford truck, of course!

Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Enzo_Guy
New User
KaleCoAuto has 'em for the Fords!
Muffler Bearing - $33.95 : KaleCoAuto.com, Your home for the rare, unusual, and hard to find auto parts.
That's brilliant, might get one for my father as a gag gift for Christmas!

At my last job we had a new kid who didn't know much about cars and we convinced him that the fully synthetic oil bottles had to be shaken vigorously every night or else the additive package would settle at the bottom as a sediment that would no longer function properly to protect the engine. Had tears in my eyes watching that kid shaking Mobil 1 quarts!

Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
That's funny!

Get your dad some blinker oil too. Just incase he leaves the blinker on too long in the left lane. Keeps the multi function switch wearing evenly......

You do know, we abuse each other pretty good here in the chat thread, right?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...er-thread.html

Old 12-19-2012, 07:41 AM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
That's funny!

Get your dad some blinker oil too. Just incase he leaves the blinker on too long in the left lane. Keeps the multi function switch wearing evenly......

You do know, we abuse each other pretty good here in the chat thread, right?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...er-thread.html
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...BlinkFluid.jpg