Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

NV December Xmas Presents or Coal Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
New Chapter Members

Hey Everyone... Please welcome our newest members, Madrid London & Gembone to the Nevada Chapter!

Welcome aboard... jump right in & come join the fun!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If I can't help you, I'll be more than happy to refer you to someone else or one of our other Chapter members will know the answer.
Please take a moment to add your name to your signature so everyone knows who you are. You can do that through your Control Panel located on the left of your profile page.

Welcome to the Nevada Chapter.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Happy Saturday to everyone. I hope you all have warm places to work on your projects.

thanks for the warm welcome I have received.

Oh, Donna, it's not a fight if you put everyone on your team. that's a PARTY!

Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy there Donna, Yep I'm back among the digital media crowd again !!! Some times it makes me appreciate the connection I have to the world outside of Pahrump ... but most of the times it just deepens the distrust and dislike I have for my service provider. I must have thrown a big/loud enough hessey fit, cuz the gave me $10 per month off for the balance of my contract (1 win for Dave) and I get an equipment & speed up grade (win #2) within 30 days !!!
You are just rollin in new transportation... You and Monty should both be happy My friends in CA. are into horses and riding ... but me, NOT.. when I visit there I gladly help feed them big dogs but NO RIDING

It sounds like I would have a great time with your Polar Express deal... wish I lived closer I would be all over that ...
Gotta go get stuff done for the day and I want to say to ALL of FTE ... be safe abd have a great weekend Dave !!!

Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Nevada truckers and all our fine visitors. And new members too!

Looks like a beautiful day and I hope you all enjoy this weekend!

Lynne just took off with the neighbors to buy a Xmas tree. Didn't even tell me she was planning to go, probably because I am an old Scrooge. She always spends extra money buying too large a tree so I have to trim and chop off the bottom. Oh well, she loves all that xmas bling.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:53 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bdox
Hi Nevada truckers and all our fine visitors. And new members too!

Looks like a beautiful day and I hope you all enjoy this weekend!

Lynne just took off with the neighbors to buy a Xmas tree. Didn't even tell me she was planning to go, probably because I am an old Scrooge. She always spends extra money buying too large a tree so I have to trim and chop off the bottom. Oh well, she loves all that xmas bling.
Dear Mr. Grinch (AKA Bruce) just go all out a decorate the life out of that tree so it is so overdone you run out of things to hang on it and take the chances that next year she won't want you to work so hard on it ... she'll get a smaller tree next year

Old 12-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

What a great idea Mongoman!

When she went out to buy more lights, I grabbed a bunch of zip-ties and hung all the wine glasses and other stemware all over the tree. [I'm not sure if she knows the proper method for opening zip-ties.] Mmmmm, now I'm thinking all those flashy ear rings she has would look pretty good on that tree as well, ya think? Anyway, I have a bunch of African masks, I'll hang those up there. After all, Jesus was African wasn't he?

Old 12-08-2012, 10:28 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
If it were me... I would hang one of her "smaller" presents on the tree with all the other stuff ... she'll never find it !!!!

It wouldn't work on my tree ... it's a Charlie Brown tree one main stem... one side stem about 18" tall with a clump or 2 of needles and 1 red orniment ... no lights PERFECT

Last edited by oldmongo; 12-08-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: MORE FUN !!!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Welcome to the madness Gembone. I am sure you will like it here. Everyone else does.

Jim

Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,141 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Good Sunday morning , hope you're having a good weekend.......

Old 12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello everyone...hope your Sunday is relaxing. I'm just sitting here waiting for winter!

Old 12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning all,

I hope you have a Super Sunday!

Yesterday was fun until I got hurt. We actually worked together as a family to get things done around the house - mucking out the corral, general cleaning, putting more lights up on the house, & crushing cans!

Jimmy & I jump started the riding lawn mower & Karls quad so we could hook up the small dump trailer to one of them. It makes it a whole lot easier & quicker to clean out the corral! Jimmy hooked up the trailer to the riding mower, while I took the quad around the house to warm it up & keep it running. I went around the house, out one driveway & slid sideways in the other (horseshoe driveway) - YEEHAW!!! I had it wide open when I decided to stop & turn (at the same time) to help Kaedon put the crushed cans in a bag. That manuver didn't work so well! I went *** over tea kettle! I hit my hands, head (no helmet - stupid me), & left shoulder first trying to break my fall, then my left knee slammed the ground! I got up thinking that i was ok & just sore with scrapes, bumps & bruises. My neighbor saw the entire thing & yelled to me to see if I was ok. I gave him the thumbs up & then tried to take a step...NOPE-not happening! I told Kaedon to get Jimmy & he helped limp inside the house. I wanted to try to walk it out, since I still had to go to work in a few hours. I took a shower & got ready to leave & decided to call so they could have backup on standby incase I couldnt make it through my shift. They told me to go ahead & take the night off & call them in the morning with an update. I plan on going into work tonight regardless. I need the money so I can afford my insurance copay! Then I'll get my knee checked out after work. (I hope) I've been putting ice packs on to try to help with the swelling & pain I keep it wrapped & have been using a knee brace & crutches since lastnight. This morning is a little better! I can kinda gimp around for a short distance/time without the crutches!
Leave it to me, to try to be a kid again! Oh well...**** happens!

The 1st picture is about 2 hrs after it happened & the second was about 4 hrs later!

Attached Images   
Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Welcome to the new members!

Donna - Sorry to hear about your fall. Totally not good. Hopefully these will brighten up your day.

This is what I've been working on the past couple of weeks (well, one of my friends has been working on it for me):

It's painted 1970-71 Chrysler Crazy Plum Purple with a touch of metallic/metaflake in it. I think it came out bad azz, personally. What do you all think?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Donna, so sorry about your crash. Look after yourself, be careful and keep the ice on that knee. I hope it does not turn out to be serious. [It looks kind of serious!]

Mat your bike is looking ba dass! I guess your job is working out well for you, yes?

Tim just sitting? As nice as it has been I would have guessed you would have been out riding!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Donna, sorry to hear about your fall. Hope it does not turn out to be a permanent problem.

Mat, awesome looking bike!

Jim

Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Unhappy Wounded Knee and Shoulder !!!

My Dear Donna, thank you for joining me in the M.A.S.H. tent ... I'm still nursing my wounded shoulder and back from my turkey altercation after Thanksgiving weekend. I still wear my sling now and then (makes it hard to shift) when I'm not driving. I hope it gets better soon ... you are always busy with extra work and other activities. I am also a member of the wounded knee club, not happy to be a member, in any way !!! I would remind you of all the right things to help the knee mend... but I feel you know them already... best of luck with it .... be safe !!! Dave

Quick Reply: NV December Xmas Presents or Coal Thread