Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

NV December Xmas Presents or Coal Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Happy second day of December! I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Jim

Old 12-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
morning to all.

As far as the end of the world QOTD: Just because the Mayan's figured there wasn't any point in continuing the calendar past the 21st doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Until we started using computers to make our current calender never-ending it had and end date as well. Does that mean that was the date we predicted to be the end of the world?
People need to remember that this is our interpretation of what we are finding in ruins of a society that no longer exists and we are making assumptions about the meanings.
They led a different life, in a different environment and had different views than the current society.
You might as well go have your tea leaves read and live you life by what you are told.

I feel we should live everyday like it is a holiday and not wait until societies holidays roll around to appreciate the people and things in our life.

Greg M.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by HIGBE
Well as you know I feel if there is a god he has a evil sence of hummor and I am his favoret target, like a kid with a magnifying glass and I'm the ant. Nothing goes my way so looking at if from the end of the world side, cool it's over, no hope for something better. If it's not the end of the world then I still have hope for something better. So no I don't think the world will end that would end all gods fun if he is real. WOW guess I have that holiday depresion you hear about but think I"m allowed. So I guess I think you should celibrate each holiday as they come, more drinking days that way woohoo. Think I need to go for a ride have a great day everyone....................

Hmm...something better? Ya never know, that might happen!
Cheer up Bob! This year is almost over & hopefully the New year will be alot better for everyone. IF I were able too, I'd send you a Christmas card with me in it so we could have a GTG & meet!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:24 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by GIGGER
I agree with you all, Christmas & life will go on as we know it, that means we will have to pay our bills, lol

Hi Gerry!

ROFLMAO! ...you just had to bring that up, didn't you? Damn it! I was hoping that atleast our billing systems would crash so we wouldn't have to pay them. LOL!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:26 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Since you asked for an opinion, I'll give you mine. Life will go on after the 21st, and we will celebrate Christmas, and 2013. Now, that my opinion is done, the reason I say that is because God stated nobody will know when He sends His Son back, not even his Son. So, since His Son doesn't know, I seriously doubt the Mayans do.

Jim

True!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by R1_Demon
Happy Sunday morning all!

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend!

Donna - In response to your "hornet" comment from last month, actually the 2006 R1 did have a special edition made that was yellow and black. However, probably not exactly what you were thinking. I need to take some updated pictures of my bike. Those were taken when I first got it back in 2010. I've done some updates since then and even found and put on the exhaust guards, which aren't in those pictures (but they are on the bike in the race picture).

Sorry to hear it wasn't a fuse. It could be a relay, but I'm surprised that you would have to replace a while fuse box just for that. Normally relays are just small silver boxes inside of the fuse box and are about $20 a piece and you can get them from a dealer or sometimes even a local auto parts store depending on what fuse they are. But you have to be careful and make sure they are the right one. However, if it's not a blown fuse, then I'm guessing it's not a grounded wire because that should have blown a fuse first. So, next step is I would check the kill switch on the handlebar. 1) Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit it? I'm not trying to be a smartazz, but I have accidentally hit it before and if you don't realize it or check it, you don't know why the bike won't turn over or start again, but everything still turns "on" with the key. 2) If the kill switch shows that it is on, I would take it apart and check it. If the bike has been sitting in any kind of weather, it's possible it got corroded inside and it's possible it's turning itself off, which is NOT good. Especially if it happens while you are riding! So, that's one thing to check. Make sure the connections are good and it's not faulty.

While you are at it, make sure both connections at the battery are good and not corroded. Also make sure the battery has a tip top charge. These bikes are VERY touchy when it comes to not having a 90% or better charge to start and run. But most likely it would have turned over (or tried to) when you went to start it. Another likely prospect is the regulator on the bike. When they go faulty, they don't charge the battery and kill it off while you ride. If it killed it enough, it wouldn't have allowed the bike to turn on and/or start. So, see how dead the battery is and then test the regulator. See if you can get a service manual for the bike (eBay, Kawasaki, ZX Forums, etc...) and it should show you in there how to test your particular regulator. I know these go bad R1's kind of often because they are positioned near the exhaust and the heat kills them off.

Anyway, just some thoughts I had on your issue this morning. Hope it helps somehow.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Yep...looks like a hornet or yellow jacket! LOL!

My bike is somewhat fixed! WOOHOO!!!! My mechanic came out & checked the wiring & traced it to the starter switch. It wasn't making contact & didn't have a good ground. Occasionally, the switch still doesn't get good contact, but if I move the switch thingy on the handlebars, it usually will work again. I got to ride it a little bit last week.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,155 Likes on 1,688 Posts
Howdy Donna, I make my payments and i'm happy to have the things I have........

Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Gembone
morning to all.

As far as the end of the world QOTD: Just because the Mayan's figured there wasn't any point in continuing the calendar past the 21st doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Until we started using computers to make our current calender never-ending it had and end date as well. Does that mean that was the date we predicted to be the end of the world?
People need to remember that this is our interpretation of what we are finding in ruins of a society that no longer exists and we are making assumptions about the meanings.
They led a different life, in a different environment and had different views than the current society.
You might as well go have your tea leaves read and live you life by what you are told.

I feel we should live everyday like it is a holiday and not wait until societies holidays roll around to appreciate the people and things in our life.

Greg M.

Very well said Greg!
Live each day like it's your last, cause it just very well might be! Never leave home upset & leave a loved one w/o atleast saying "I love you!" It may be your last chance to tell them.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
We are getting some serious rain up here.

Have a great day all.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by GIGGER
Howdy Donna, I make my payments and i'm happy to have the things I have........
Our bills are paid & we're happily poor. LOL!

Old 12-02-2012, 11:52 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bdox
We are getting some serious rain up here.

Have a great day all.

I think we're going to wash away down here! Hell, I could probably take a shower outside it's raining so hard!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:00 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gerry - Thanks, but that's not exactly my bike. Same style as the 04-06 is basically the same and I have an 05, but the colors aren't quite the same. But I definitely love my R1!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donna - Glad to hear that you guys traced down the issue. I hate tracing down electrical. Especially when it's hit or miss. When it doesn't work and stays not working, its usually easier to figure out. But when it works one time and not another, that's when it's a royal pain in the LOL!

But I'm glad you traced it down! Congrats! Right now I'm doing work on my bike for the last couple of weeks, so it's been down. Plus, on Monday I'm finally taking my aquarium in and getting the tank drilled, so I can FINALLY getting the tank going. After that I'll start running the plumbing for the sump and getting it ready to rock!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning guys,

Happy Sunday! Keep warm & be safe out there.

I have to work at the Polar Express again tonight. What a blast! I have always enjoyed working with the community & helping others.

Have a blessed day!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Goodmorning guys,

Happy Sunday! Keep warm & be safe out there.

I have to work at the Polar Express again tonight. What a blast! I have always enjoyed working with the community & helping others.

Have a blessed day!

That is great. I hope you all have wet suits!

Quick Reply: NV December Xmas Presents or Coal Thread