Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPFP and fuel filtration

Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
HPFP and fuel filtration

So I have been reading on here about the HPFP failures do to water in the fuel or some other contaminant. It seems to me that maybe a better filtration system might be in order, I haven't looked into any of them yet but I know there are several on the market. Is there something I am missing or does it seem that the filtration is not doing the job it should?

Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 PM
honeydew
Posting Guru
honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.
Riley's listing for their new system explains his view of the issue and personal experience:

http://www.dieselsite.com/dieselsite...separator.aspx

Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 PM
FTE Herman
FTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputationFTE Herman has a superb reputation
^But no discussion of effectvity?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
bridge
Postmaster
bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.bridge has a great reputation on FTE.
That looks like one serious filtration system. If it has proven itself after a few years I'll think about that after my MBI lapses in a 100K miles.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM
honeydew
Posting Guru
honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by FTE Herman View Post
^But no discussion of effectvity?
I agree the write-up is lacking in that area. It was just released within the last couple days so maybe they'll revise the description for clarity and details.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
DIESELSITE
Former Vendor
DIESELSITE is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We are working on that product this morning. Please check back today for more detailed information and more pictures.

Instead of answering every question on one forum, it'll be easier to answer it once on our site.

Thanks, Bob

Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Bob. Any way you could also add photo(s) of the unit installed on the truck?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 PM
DIESELSITE
Former Vendor
DIESELSITE is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
Thanks Bob. Any way you could also add photo(s) of the unit installed on the truck?
Just did.

Bob

Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
thanks Bob. Looks like a nice unit. Is there any concern about debris breaking the bowls?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Thanks Bob, Nice looking setup. Looks like a must do addition.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 AM
parkland
Post Fiend
parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
It is my opinion that the issue isn't the filter, but the pressure drop accross the element needed to trigger the alarm.

I think here somewhere it was discussed that it was 20 or 30 lbs or something? That is way more than enough to push water through the membrane (IMHO).

So what good is a filter if you don't know it's been breached till it's too late?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
KC8QVO
Posting Guru
KC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to allKC8QVO is a name known to all
On the filter product page - what component are they detailing there that shows the difference between a rusted/non-covered component and a good/clean component? There is no label on the picture.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM
honeydew
Posting Guru
Probably the Flow Control Valve, this text is from the description:

"The way the Ford warranty system works is if there is ANY sign of surface rust on the flow control valve, the system is no longer under warranty."

Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 AM
wisner45
Junior User
wisner45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If this is added, will it void factory warranty?.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by wisner45 View Post
If this is added, will it void factory warranty?.
The only credible answer to this question is from your service writer at the Ford Dealership that is doing the repair in my opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HPFP and fuel filtration

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: