1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

1967 F100 4BT cummins daily driver build

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by f100today
Funny.....and thanks Jefffafa. Your probably right, most people didn't even notice the one piece windows unless I pointed them out. Too much to figure out I guess?
You are right, most people including the Judges want notice a lot of what you have done, they just don't know the Bumpside trucks that well, and you can't write out all the modifications on the one or two line on the Judges sheet they provide.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:27 PM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very clean F100today. Any video yet? I'd love to hear it.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:25 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
I'd like you know, that I keep going back in this build, to refresh my memory, and I agree completely with every comment posted, especially with El Rey's, that it deserves a closer look, to catch all the details. Like the song says "Make a blind man take a second look"... That's Powerful Stuff

Baja

Old 10-04-2016, 09:55 AM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Reading Randle's and Baja's comments here made me think. I've never had a show quality vehicle like so many here in the Kingdom. Randle's and F100's being two of them. Randle and I have spoke before about how you can't list "all" that you have done to a show piece. You do want the judges, voters, and John Q. Publics to notice and see all that you have built or fabbed. But sometimes the list can get too long for the judge's attention span. With so many vehicles to look at. So, I guess subtle hints to catch everyone's eyes is the answer?

Old 10-04-2016, 10:12 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
El Rey, you are right... plenty of people enjoy car shows, and plenty have no clue as to what it takes, in the way of dedication, fortitude, knowledge, and talent. That does not mean that they cannot appreciate what they are looking at. Perhaps a short time-laps video, documenting the years of personal effort, would provide some clues.

I know, that my old ride, while not show quality, does show a small part of the effort, on my part, but what does not show, is all the help I have received from the members of FTE, for which I try to give credit when I can. Thanks to all of you for your endless sharing of knowledge, experience, and friendship. Long live the King, and the Kingdom of Bump.

Baja

Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
Reading Randle's and Baja's comments here made me think. I've never had a show quality vehicle like so many here in the Kingdom. Randle's and F100's being two of them. Randle and I have spoke before about how you can't list "all" that you have done to a show piece. You do want the judges, voters, and John Q. Publics to notice and see all that you have built or fabbed. But sometimes the list can get too long for the judge's attention span. With so many vehicles to look at. So, I guess subtle hints to catch everyone's eyes is the answer?
Originally Posted by bajafishnut
El Rey, you are right... plenty of people enjoy car shows, and plenty have no clue as to what it takes, in the way of dedication, fortitude, knowledge, and talent. That does not mean that they cannot appreciate what they are looking at. Perhaps a short time-laps video, documenting the years of personal effort, would provide some clues.

I know, that my old ride, while not show quality, does show a small part of the effort, on my part, but what does not show, is all the help I have received from the members of FTE, for which I try to give credit when I can. Thanks to all of you for your endless sharing of knowledge, experience, and friendship. Long live the King, and the Kingdom of Bump.

Baja
The second show I had my truck in a 72 Chevy came in first and my 70 came in 2nd in the modified class. A couple weeks after that show I ran into the main guy over that show, he has a 72 F100 he takes to a lot of the cruse-ins, so he could see most of the changes I had made. He told me the reason I came in second was the judges didn't realize what all had been done to the truck, and that I needed to come up with a judges handbook showing the the major modifications done to the truck. This is what I came up with. The first picture shows the 20 page Judges hand book I came up with and use at the shows, the second is a sheet that I put on the stand at the cruse-ins.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-04-2016, 11:49 AM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Good job Randle. Looks darn professional. There you go F100. Here's a pattern for you to go after for your rig and it's up coming shows. The only thing is, it's a shame an impressive list such as this does not do the truck or the builder enough justice or recognition IMHO. But I guess that's just the "show" life.
And "The Show Must Go On".

Old 10-04-2016, 12:27 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool, thanks guys. My father is going to put a book together with pics. I'll add a list of mods to the side.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:04 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Hey F100, you ought to update your avatar. Speaking of recognition.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:16 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
Hey F100, you ought to update your avatar. Speaking of recognition.
Good point. I'll do it tonight.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:02 PM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
freaking wow great build!

Old 10-06-2016, 02:24 PM
spdcat72
Senior User
Great looking truck! I've been drooling over all the little and big details you've put into it. I have really been looking forward to seeing it in person. Unfortunately, I skipped Goodguys this time to get my own truck finished enough to get it inspected, licensed and driving. Hopefully, I'll see you there in the Spring!

Old 10-07-2016, 03:05 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jbehuniak
freaking wow great build!
Thanks man.

Originally Posted by spdcat72
Great looking truck! I've been drooling over all the little and big details you've put into it. I have really been looking forward to seeing it in person. Unfortunately, I skipped Goodguys this time to get my own truck finished enough to get it inspected, licensed and driving. Hopefully, I'll see you there in the Spring!
Thank you. Good guys was amazing this year; I have never seen so many vehicles there at one time. It was packed! Are you local in DFW?

Old 10-07-2016, 03:47 PM
spdcat72
Senior User
I live in Tyler, but I regularly come to the speedway for events, and my sister lives in Fort Worth.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:30 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Howdy amigo, while I spend a lot of time in Baja, Mx. I hand my sombrero in Granbury, Tx when I am North of the border... and soon, cuz I would not miss voting in this election for anything. I would love to see both your rides when I am up there to vote...

Baja

Quick Reply: 1967 F100 4BT cummins daily driver build