1967 F100 4BT cummins daily driver build - Page 31 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

1967 F100 4BT cummins daily driver build

Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Junior User

danhigor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sucks about your daily driver man. Looks like the wreck happened right off 820/183 over in HEB?? Right?? Lol, I grew up in Grand Prairie/Arlington area and used to work over that way quite a bit. Went back over spring break for the first time in 10 years and was utterly amazed at how much things have changed out that way.
Oh, and awesome work on the project man. Gives us rookie welders some hope. lol.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Post Fiend

JEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant future
Hey F100, any updates?
Old 08-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Posting Guru

f100today has a good reputation on FTE.f100today has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
Hey F100, any updates?
Yes sir.....well; kinda. I've done lots of tedious work with wiring lately. With 2 condenser fans, a radiator fan, a transmission cooler fan, a air compressor, the power supply to the AC system, the stereo system, and running the headlights off of relays this electrical system has become real OVERKILL! I basically ended up cutting out 15% of the painless harness I bought, mainly because of the GM alternator and no ignition due to the diesel, and modifying probably 50% of the rest of it. I was waiting to get all the wiring done and tidied up before I post pictures. I also got the rear end all welded up with the disc brake set up and all of it painted. Driveshaft installed and painted as well. About to run all the wires for the transmission and controller. Pictures in a week or so and thanks for askin
Old 08-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to behold
Oh dang, just caught this post. Sorry about the loss of your OBS. That really sucks. Been there, done that about 8 yrs ago. Same thing, lady in a minivan runs a light doing 45 mph and bends mine around about the same. Junk, not a straight panel on any side. Ugh.

I was already seeing a chiro for my other back issues for many years. Started a new session to fix the new issues. Even 8 yrs later I get pain/stiffness from this.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Post Fiend

JEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant futureJEFFFAFA has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by f100today View Post
Yes sir.....well; kinda. I've done lots of tedious work with wiring lately. With 2 condenser fans, a radiator fan, a transmission cooler fan, a air compressor, the power supply to the AC system, the stereo system, and running the headlights off of relays this electrical system has become real OVERKILL! I basically ended up cutting out 15% of the painless harness I bought, mainly because of the GM alternator and no ignition due to the diesel, and modifying probably 50% of the rest of it. I was waiting to get all the wiring done and tidied up before I post pictures. I also got the rear end all welded up with the disc brake set up and all of it painted. Driveshaft installed and painted as well. About to run all the wires for the transmission and controller. Pictures in a week or so and thanks for askin

You're welcome Buddy. Lookin' forward to the upcoming pics. You know the ol' FTE saying.......Without pics it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freightrain View Post
Oh dang, just caught this post. Sorry about the loss of your OBS. That really sucks. Been there, done that about 8 yrs ago. Same thing, lady in a minivan runs a light doing 45 mph and bends mine around about the same. Junk, not a straight panel on any side. Ugh.

Dang Train. That was a sharp truck. I like the color combo.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Posting Guru

bajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to behold
Black 'N Blue is just his own color after the accident... Trust me Train, there are plenty of brainless drivers out there of both genders, and some who have switched, due to cross wiring, and defective heads..

For some good therapy, just go fishing.. on a quiet lake or stream... and if by some unfortunate twist of luck, you run across a rude boat driver, just hold his or her head under the water for a bit... problem solved... I promise you will feel way better..

Baja
Old 08-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Elder User

1985 Bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just reread the whole thread, and there is no before pictures. What did this thing look like before you stripped it completely down?
Old 08-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Posting Guru

Old 08-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Elder User

highntight has a great reputation on FTE.highntight has a great reputation on FTE.highntight has a great reputation on FTE.highntight has a great reputation on FTE.highntight has a great reputation on FTE.
Making headway buddy.... looking awesome, I as well cut most my harness apart and used some for others, Like coil wire I ran for the fuel shut off solenoid valve. Just things like that....
Old 08-24-2016, 09:33 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by highntight View Post
Making headway buddy.... looking awesome, I as well cut most my harness apart and used some for others, Like coil wire I ran for the fuel shut off solenoid valve. Just things like that....
Yup, I used my coil wire for that as well.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to beholdFreightrain is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
Dang Train. That was a sharp truck. I like the color combo.
Ya, it was a purdy truck, I liked it too. Shiny like a new penny. Ugh, just disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajafishnut View Post
Black 'N Blue is just his own color after the accident... Trust me Train, there are plenty of brainless drivers out there of both genders, and some who have switched, due to cross wiring, and defective heads..
Baja
My replacement to that was a very clean '89 F150. Yup, a lady in a minivan back into the drivers side of the bed while I was parked. Ugh. This was fixable though. Just pissed me off to no end. Perfect, southern, rust free truck, unmolested truck.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Elder User

72CC428 is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=bajafishnut;15363669]This ride will roll forever, probably well past the life expectancy of the youngest Ford owner. Superb work amigo. The benchmark of excellence. Kudos.

Baja[/QUOTE

Not in New England. It is a masterpiece though. It would never see the road from October to May if I owned it and it would be garaged in climate control for as long as I had it.

Envy meter pegged.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Senior User

Brucekoukalaka is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd love to find a 4BT for my '62... But she's getting a '72 360 FE for now.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Posting Guru

FINISHED!

Alright guys; it's 98% finished. Been up many many late nights to get this thing to good guys Ft.worth this weekend. The only things I did not get finished were installing the air compressor, connecting the front speakers, and the stuff like carpet over the transmission tunnel, leather boots for the shifter and p-brake, and leather on the door handles that my interior guy has to do. I did a temp spray bomb with the cummins beige engine paint on the door handles just for the show; it comes off very easily but it did the job until I can get them covered. I had to just do a temp spray bomb on the wheels with some primer as well. I did not have time to mount the dog dish hub caps. Still undecided on the color of the wheels as well. The one piece windows work flawlessly and have zero wind noise at any speed. The truck is a absolute riot to drive. The torque is awesome and when the turbos pick up its crazy. the ride is awesome with no issues and the brakes work way better than I expected. Roberts grill looks so bad a$$ on it; I love it. The look on peoples faces when my son and I drove in the show was priceless; big smiles. Lots of people looking, taking pictures, and asking questions.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Posting Guru