2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Some Navigator Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Breaker 1-9
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Navigator Questions

The first question also applies to the Expeditions. Could anyone here tell me if they have seen or own a white color Expy and or Nav from 07-08 and if they think or feel that the color will start to yellow over time? I don't own either a Nav. or Expy. but I have considered either and would only consider owning either in a white color. However while browsing some sale prices on the net I always seem to come across some white Expy's and Navi's that seem to almost have a more cream or yellow-ish like white. I am almost positive they most likely started out as true white and the yellowing probably started over time passed on. Could some folks here share some insight on this?

My next question is regarding 07+ Navi's. I watched some kind of dealer review on YouTube where a women was doing a tour in and out of the vehicle and mentioned the seats have AC (Air Conditioning) and you'll never need to worry about getting hot while driving because the air-con seats will keep you cool. Now I have known of heated seats but never air-con seats. Could someone tell me if she is right or she just whipped that one up out of a pipe-dream? Also she called the chrome wheel package 18" which I am almost positive is incorrect cause the last I knew they were 20" wheels.

Which also brings me to another question regarding wheels and chrome options. Could some folks chime in and tell me if the chrome door claddings are something that goes all the way up to the most newest Navi's. 07-2013? I have seen some that are all one color but has the chrome hood tip and mirrors, while some that have both the chrome hood tip, mirrors, and door claddings. And as for wheels I have noticed that for somewhat reason the 07 premium 20" wheel package seems to have a more chrome look to them vs the ones I am seen on later years which seems to have the same exact premium 20" wheels but not so much the chrome look to them like the early years. The newer years wheels seem to have a more polished / satin like finish to them vs chrome. Any insight on this?

Old 11-10-2012, 09:57 PM
RI-Matt
Senior User
There has been a few different "whites" made over the years. The solid bright white was on the standard Expeditions ( and maybe some Navigators ) but the "White Suede" or "White Chocolate" or "White Tri Sand Metallic" have a more creamy / pearl look to them and were only available on the upper end Expys ( Limiteds ) I dont think they yellow over time but I do think that depending on the way the light hits it the color can look a little different.

Nope the A/C seat thing is not a "pipe-dream". The Expys and Navigators have had them for awhile. Again they are standard on Expy Limiteds and options on lower end ones ( Eddie Bauer, XLT's ) I would think they are standard on all Navigators.

The 18" chrome wheel is usually the standard wheel size and 20's are the optional size. I seen Expys and Navigators with both.

The lower chrome on the door panels and mirrors etc... is usually standard ( I believe ) and the other is the monochromatic option which deletes these.

The newer models may have "Polished" wheels instead of the "Chrome Clad" wheels.

Matt

Old 11-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Breaker 1-9
Senior User
Thanks for info and the clear up of the things asked. Here below is 2 pics of the wheels that I spoke of. First pic looks for somewhat reason to be chrome, and the second pic looks to be of a more satin like finish. Also these are the wheels that this women spoke of being an 18" wheel which I am guess is her mistake cause as far as I knew these are indeed 20's, right?

Also regarding the Air-Con seats, how and where is it controlled from? is it on the seats itself or is it with the rest of the Air-Con controls, and is it just the 2 fronts or is the rears also Air-Con'd?

Oh yeah and regards to the chrome clads on the Navi, what would be the more costly option or the Navi with more value added to it, would it be the monochromatic without the chrome door clads or would it be with the chrome clads?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 AM
RI-Matt
Senior User
Both wheels pictured are 20's. I believe the 18's are still standard though.

Assuming we are talking about just Navigators, starting in 2011 they have polished aluminum wheels, prior to that they were chrome plated aluminum.

The A/C seats are front only and are controlled by buttons on the dash just below the HVAC control unit ( each seat is controlled individually ) The vehicle A/C does not have to be on at the time but is recommended. The seats have small fans that pull cool air from the floor of the vehicle and blow it thru the perforations in the leather seating. There is more to it than that but thats the basic idea.

As for the chrome on the outside, that is standard. The monochromatic ( no chrome ) is an option = $$$$. So the chrome ones would be cheaper.

Matt

Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Breaker 1-9
Senior User
Thanks for the info. So I take it that if one wants to turn their chrome clad Navi into a Monochromatic version that the door clads would be a paint to match part vs a chrome plated piece?