Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

I HAVE NO BRAKES!!!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 AM
deceptichop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I HAVE NO BRAKES!!!!! :(

Thank you VERY much for opening my thread.

Ok, now HERE'S is my problem. Joe350 and I replaced my tie rods and ball joints four months ago in my 94 F350 4x4 IDI w Turbo and 5spd man at 200K miles. We unfortunately over torqued the drivers side barring in her Dana 60 front axle. Because of this, the other day while driving down the road, my drivers side wheel FELL OFF while driving

The spindle, hub, all 8 studds, and caliper were ALL damaged. AND at this time, I lost ALL of my brakes!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank goodness I have a Man Tranny and E brake

So, since then, Joe350 has replaced ALL the damaged spindle, hub, studds, and 2 piston caliper with new ones!
But here's the problem. The brake pedal is STILL soft and goes ALL THE WAY to the floor!!!!!!!
we bleed the HECK out of the two front breaks MANY times, but still no progress.

What are youre guy's thoughts?

Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Mikey Oldaker
Senior User
if your gonna bleed brakes you cant just bleed the front ones you have to bleed all four and you have to start with the furthest away one so the back passenger then the back driver then the front passenger and then the front passenger. also one thing to note is that if your still on your stock master cylinder and it caught and air pocket you very well could have broke seals that might be something to check also other than that just keep pumping

Old 10-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Mikey Oldaker
Senior User
oh yea that sucks i have seen that happen in a semi only the whole hub came of and the tire kept going while the truck stopped

Old 10-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Lazy K
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don`t forget to bleed the RABS module on the left side frame rail after the rear brakes and before the front.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 AM
whiteboyslo
Posting Guru
If you have access to a compressor, this will make bleeding/flushing your system very easy:

Brake Fluid Bleeder

That stupid little gizmo has been a lifesaver for me and is especially handy for bleeding systems where it just seems like you can never get the last bit of air out.

Mike

Old 10-27-2012, 07:07 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Originally Posted by deceptichop
What are youre guy's thoughts?

don't let Joe touch your truck any more!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:44 AM
deceptichop
Senior User
Mikey, Lazy, and Whiteboy thank you VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!

And TJC, I did LOL when I read that! HAHAHA!!
But for people that dont know Joe on here, the dude has mad skills, and hes pretty crazy smart!

Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Mikey Oldaker
Senior User
hahaha no problem i kinda had the same problem but different issue my pedal was too stiff and i had to stand/jump on my brakes went replaced the master the booster the calipers and rear brakes and come to find out it was just the vacum pump lol i was so pissed

Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
i once had an inner bearing fail, and the wheel stayed on, but i lost all of my brakes. even like yours, everything was trashed. but mine was caused by water in the bearings, not being overtightened.

mikey, i've only lost my vacuum pump 3 times since i've had my van. i wouldn't understand oh, plus the time i lost the belt, make that 4 times. first test is to pull something off the vacuum tree and see if it sucks or not

Old 10-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Mikey Oldaker
Senior User
Oh well when I tested it, it had suction but I didn't have a gauge to see how much ha ha so either way I got all new parts

Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok i went and got a power bleeder and blead all for wheels out and the abs light is still on y is it doing this do we have to bleed the rabs unit to

Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Mikey Oldaker
Senior User
i would bleed it. if that doesnt fix it, then i would say its the sensor. im not sure where its at but i would guess its that and if you cant find the part for it and or dont wnt to pay the money for it pull the light bulb out. who needs abs anyways! im not even sure if they worked all that well. i havent had a truck that new before i ususally stuck with the 80's models

Old 10-30-2012, 06:15 AM
whiteboyslo
Posting Guru
Honestly, my light has been on ever since I flushed my system. Haven't crawled under to see what it would take to get it fixed, but the truck stops great regardless.

Mike

Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 AM
deceptichop
Senior User
An update:

Well, we got the Brake Bleeder tool. Its a pretty cool device. Weve bleed all four brakes with it like 1000x's but STILL the infamous Sinking Pedal

The ABS light is on now. So our theory is that the ABS needs to be bleed. Ive done my research but I can NOT find how to bleed it.

Anyone know how?

Thank you in advance

Old 10-30-2012, 06:58 AM
whiteboyslo
Posting Guru
Follow your brake lines from the rear forward. On the drivers side frame rail right near the cab you'll see a metal 'box' that the line goes into. That's the ABS unit. It has a bleed nipple on it.

The right sequence is: RR, LR, ABS, RF, LF

Mike

Quick Reply: I HAVE NO BRAKES!!!!! :(