1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Sandy update from the Jersey shore

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM
66with352
Tuned
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Sandy update from the Jersey shore

Hold onto your hats boys...... Just an update on the storm for those who are interested. I live about 20 miles from the Jersey shore and the storm is making landfall about 40 miles south of me in about an hour. I have never seen wind gusts this strong (well over 50 mph and they are calling for 90 mph between 5pm and 5am). We are holding tight and keeping our fingers crossed the power lasts !! The shore towns are already flooding and streets are under water. They are saying the worst is still to come. Hopefully the rust will blow off my truck so I won't have to repair so much !!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:13 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Yall stay safe, be prepared for no power for up to a week.

John

Old 10-29-2012, 04:52 PM
shano63
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not so bad up by me. UPS pulled us off the road at 11 this morning. Still have power, waiting for it to go out. Probably shouldn't have watched that Halloween marathon earlier...

Stay safe guys!!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
ol yeller
Elder User
Hopefully it won't be as bad as predicted. Looks like landfall anytime. Stay safe.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:23 PM
chefwita64
Freshman User
take good pics for us. i have always wanted to ride one of those out. guess i have had my fix of tornadies.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Osiyo59
Elder User
Keep your family close and stay safe Mike. Hope you all ride it out unscathed.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM
first today
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have always ridden the storms out. The only one I left for was Katrina. When the storm is the size of the Gulf of Mexico, it is time to go.

Good luck to you guys on the Atlantic Coast. Hope you all stay safe. Just remember, you can always rebuild, you can not replace your family.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:05 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

This morning the local news is reporting a fire in NY that is burning 50 homes, subways flooding, hitting at full moon high tide. This is a Super storm 900 miles wide. Daylight is going to tell a different tale.

first today if you survived Katrina you have first hand experience on what a huge storm can bring.

Just heard 3 ft of snow coming to W. Va.

prayers for all.

John

Old 11-03-2012, 01:49 PM
66with352
Tuned
Well, we had power restored on Thursday. We made it through the storm but let me tell you, Sandy was no lady. My development looks pretty bad with siding missing from homes, trees down and electrical wires laying in streets. All in all, we were pretty fortunate considering only 20 miles away, at the shore, the destruction was devistating (I'm sure you all have seen pics on the news by now). I will never complain about power being out or some trees and siding when I see people left with no homes to even repair. Anyway, Glad to be back. !! BTW - The truck withstood all the debree flying around and is still there for me to restore ! Here are a couple of pics taken with iphone

Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Glad you made it through safely. It is so sad to see folks complaining that their power is off and it's cold, bitching about conditions.

You knew for a week it was coming, all I could here in NC was that it was going ashore in the worst possible place, and turn into a super storm, drive water into the city, yet people don't prepare. You should have bought all the gas for your generator and vehicles before the storm hit. You have to remove the water, clear the streets so the help trucks can get in.

We live in a whoa is me society with both hands out.

John

Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
CropDusterMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@ 66with352Quote..."We made it through the storm but let me tell you, Sandy was no lady."

I hear you Mate...Let me tell you...I dated a girl named Sandy for a spell, and she was no lady either. Wined her,
dined her, and all I ever got out of it was grief...and her table manners were atrocious! She was the kinda gal that
wiped her mouth on her sleeve. ....only thing in her favor was a strong back...wink wink.

I'm glad you and yours made it through the storm safely...all I could do from the "soon to be Communist State of
California" was donate to the Red Cross.

I wish you well.

Best,
Jason

Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 PM
66with352
Tuned
LOL Cropduster, thats to funny.
Jowilker, you weren't far off with the length of the power outages. For once in my life I didn't procrastinate. I had almost 30 gallons of gas for generator, tubs were full and everything was tied down. Used pool water for toilets !!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Osiyo59
Elder User
Originally Posted by CropDusterMan
@ 66with352Quote..."We made it through the storm but let me tell you, Sandy was no lady."

I'm glad you and yours made it through the storm safely...all I could do from the "soon to be Communist State of
California" was donate to the Red Cross.

I wish you well.

Best,
Jason
Realy good to hear you came through it well Mike! Looks like Sandy blew your fenders off though

Hey Crop' What do you mean "Soon to Be..." This IS the Peoples Republik of California! and no I did Not misspell "Republik"

VOTE FOR LOVE OF COUNTRY!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Osiyo59
Realy good to hear you came through it well Mike! Looks like Sandy blew your fenders off though

Hey Crop' What do you mean "Soon to Be..." This IS the Peoples Republik of California! and no I did Not misspell "Republik"

VOTE FOR LOVE OF COUNTRY!
almost right !Das Peoples Republik uff Kalifornikate...

Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
CropDusterMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like to say "soon to be Communist State of California"...that way I appear optimistic.....which I'm not.

BTW, I'm an Ex-New Yorker (NY City), and I am genuinely busted up inside seeing my old "neighbors" suffering the
way they are...I love New York and New Jersey, and you are in my prayers.

Best,
Jason

Quick Reply: Sandy update from the Jersey shore