Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

New guy

Old 10-15-2012, 04:33 PM
stromburg
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New guy

Hello Washington Chapter. My name is Rick and I live up in Arlington and I have a 1977 highboy that I would like to build into a very nice toy/tow rig. This is a great site and since I am new to Fords I will probably need some help, I have been in the offroad community for 30yrs building Jeeps and Landcruisers.

Just recently I decided to quit buying new trucks and focus more on building a good depenable classic so I picked up this Highboy and I have forgotten how much I enjoy the old school trucks, I spent all day at the local wrecking yard picking up a new front seat, tailgate and a new front grill assembly.

Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rick welcome to FTE and the Washington state part of FTE. Nice truck you have there. Im into the older highboy Fords. Im restoring 2 of them. Have fun and keep us posted. Im on the east side of the hills over by the Idaho-Washington border.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 PM
stromburg
Senior User
Thanks for the welcome, I am really glad there is a bunch of of members right here in Washington, I look forward to meeting you guy's [hopefully]

Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hi Rick, welcome to WAFTE. Thats a sweet looking truck you got, i happen to have something similar. A 78 Bronco. Not a highboy or anything but i think it is unique.

Here it is in all it's glory

My sig has specifics. I live on the western side of WA in a small town of Algona. It isn't well known but it is inbetween Seattle and Tacoma. Keep an eye out on the threads here, we sometimes have meets (try to about once a month) and if you see a meet that you can make it too then your welcome to join us.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We try to organize meets as much as we can, so check out the October WAFTE meeting dates thread

...And if you ever feel that you have one two many highboy's, I'll gladly take one off your hands

Jameson

Old 10-16-2012, 11:52 PM
stromburg
Senior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Hi Rick, welcome to WAFTE. Thats a sweet looking truck you got, i happen to have something similar. A 78 Bronco. Not a highboy or anything but i think it is unique.

Here it is in all it's glory

My sig has specifics. I live on the western side of WA in a small town of Algona. It isn't well known but it is inbetween Seattle and Tacoma. Keep an eye out on the threads here, we sometimes have meets (try to about once a month) and if you see a meet that you can make it too then your welcome to join us.
Algona? is that bigger than Pacificjust kidding. I am always up for a get together, even though I live up north in Arlington I can come down south since I work in Seattle

Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Well the next one will be in Renton, that might be pretty close. The details are in one of the meet threads.