Notices

40/20/40 console cupholder molding replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:18 PM
jeffyjak
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
40/20/40 console cupholder molding replacement

Hey all.... sorry, new here, not sure where to post...
have looked "everywhere" & can't find the info.. the rubber molding seems to have "warped" & pulls off the hard plastic frame over the cupholders...
I tried to removed the hard plastic, & broke the tabs... so completely removed it, thinking could fix that way.... cant' find a part number, or even the mame of this item! tried all kinds of Ford parts links/websites, & of course here...
mine is an '04 F150 XL (the most basic model, I guess, hand crank windows, it Does have a radio! LOL
anyhow, any help with finding the right info will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!
and am Lovin this website!!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:05 PM
azsmokechaser
3rd Gear
Did you Find any help on your console. Mine has done the same and I cant seem to figure out how to remove it with out breaking it.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:20 AM
jeffyjak
New User
hey azsmokechaser.... have not had a reply on this forum; have not had any luck anywhere. i did find a dealer who had a replacement console, an old beat up used one, from the wrong truck! too narrow, too short. but no, no help otherwise....
am gonna remove some of the foam, razor blade skim, see if that may work... just try to even out the warp... & glue....
am thinkin replacement don't exist! lol ?maybe get a new truck? ha ha ha

Old 12-24-2012, 01:50 AM
azsmokechaser
3rd Gear
yea I had no luck either but if i could figure out how to remove the plastic base with out breaking the tabs like you did i might take it to a upholstery shopand see if they can reattach it correctly so it doesn't come up again. And i think a truck replacement is a little extreme though the newer ones do have a nicer cup holder. They also have a phone holder that i and some of my co workers lost our phones in. it was shaped the same as a iphone and the same depth.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:31 AM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
what about a replacement from a salvage yard?

Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 PM
azsmokechaser
3rd Gear
Too expensive from a salvage yard and most of those out here in Arizona are sun rotted sitting in a salvage yard.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Steveantiques
New User
Center console cup holder

I have the exact same issue, but can't find any newer posts. I tried to glue mine back down and ended up making it worse than it was. I'm thinking of going to a junk yard and practicing on an old torn-up console to figure out how to take it apart. I have been unsuccessful in finding a new replacement (2000 Lariat with med. parchment leather), so I may make it out of oak. Good luck to all of you with similar issues.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:55 AM
Arturo Jimenez
New User
2006 ford f150 cupholder pad problem

to replace the cupholder pad go to this ebay store wayne9644 | eBay this guy has all the colors and different sizes good luck

Old 10-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Steveantiques
New User
Thanks Arturo!

Originally Posted by Arturo Jimenez
to replace the cupholder pad go to this ebay store wayne9644 | eBay this guy has all the colors and different sizes good luck
Thank you for the information. I sent a question to "wayne9644" to get more specific mounting information. He does have all sorts of styles and colors! A great resource!

Old 03-29-2017, 09:29 PM
bhuczel
New User
A day late but better than never

I found a video on the Youtube that showed how to remove the faulty arm rest pad base with out destroying it.
I did as what the diagram shows in the video and it worked. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:07 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Jeffaffa in the 67-72 forum works at a ford parts house in Arizona. Maybe he can help locate one.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Tyrone_White
Junior User
Originally Posted by azsmokechaser
yea I had no luck either but if i could figure out how to remove the plastic base with out breaking the tabs like you did i might take it to a upholstery shopand see if they can reattach it correctly so it doesn't come up again. And i think a truck replacement is a little extreme though the newer ones do have a nicer cup holder. They also have a phone holder that i and some of my co workers lost our phones in. it was shaped the same as a iphone and the same depth.
This guy shows you how he drills holes in the plastic part adjacent to the clips, so that you can run a narrow screwdriver alongside them and pressure the end of the clips in order to remove them cleanly and without breaking them. Note in the video his "map" of the plastic part is wrong and he corrects it later in the video.

The aftermarket parts I see for sale on eBay show "Before and After" pics. The "Before" pics show that the are cutting the clips off, probably using something like a free blade hacksaw. VERY ugly. The aftermarket parts are using plastic body panel rivets that do not seem to "clip" (fasten) securely. The average price of a replacement pad is about $70.00 on eBay.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Curt Glemser
New User
Thumbs down wayne9644 | eBay and eBay bent me over and screwed me

Originally Posted by Arturo Jimenez
to replace the cupholder pad go to this eBay store wayne9644 | eBay this guy has all the colors and different sizes good luck
I placed an order with wayne9644 | eBay and paid the tab in full. I was told several times that the package had been shipped, but day by day the delivery date slipped. 12 days ago I should have gotten the package I just checked and discovered that the package had a shipping "label" had been printed/issued but the package has never made it to the post office. It is impossible to get anything out of E-Bay in fact, even though I get regular updates from them on the status of the shipment (all saying the same thing) they have no record of the transaction that I can access from their webpage. The short version is that wayne9644 | eBay with the assistance of the crooks at eBay have screwed me out of $60+shipping