Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheryl's sick, trucks in mothballs

Old 09-29-2012, 08:57 AM
bfife
still plays with trucks
bfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to behold
Cheryl's sick, trucks in mothballs

Hey all,
this will be be my first "public" discussion about our situation. But I consider all of you family.
August 9th I took my wife, Cheryl, to the hospital with pain in her abdomen. No big deal we thought, something simple or quick. 3hrs later we're in intensive care with blood clots in both lungs and tumors all over her liver!
Talk about somebody knocking your kickstand out from under you.
Final diagnosis, Stage 4 pancreatic cancer......Son of a Bitch!!!!
Fast forward to today. 2 rounds of chemo under our belt, more trips to the hospital than I care to remember, and 2yrs worth of wages spent on medical bills.
My employer has been awesome. 1st they found a position on the local crew here in Utah so we don't have to move. Then the president of the company called and said he was converting my hourly wage to a weekly salary so I wouldn't be stressing about making hrs. "taking care of Cheryl was my job now, work when you can" was his direct quote.
Anyway I bought a little runaround car that rides smoother, cheaper on gas and easier for Cheryl to get in an out of.
Tom's in mothballs for a while. I bought a nice cover, some tire covers, solar battery maintenance charger, and pickled the fuel in both tanks. I'll try and drive him once a month or so just to keep everything stirred up.
Hard skirted the 5th wheel and winterized the water hose. I guess we're set up for battle now.
We know what the outcome is going to be. this cancer has a 20% survival rate within the 1st yr, 4% with in 5yrs. But we're taking every moment that The Creator will give us, to get our world in order and spend real time with loved ones.
your thoughts and prayers are welcome. Please remember that even if I'm gone for a while, your still family.
One last thing, if Cheryl was to have a legacy, let it be this. Love with all your heart. Be honest to a fault. and give with all your might.
Now go and find the ones you love and hug them, tell them how much they mean to you.
Love Barney

Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Barney and Cheryl, you guys know how Phyllis and I feel about this. Y'all have been in our prayers, every day.

Can't wait to see you again.

You have my phone #.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
So sorry to hear this Barney. You both will be in my prayers.
Happy to hear that your employer is very understanding, that's a huge stress relief...
We're all here for you if you need anything.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Pitcrw6
Postmaster
Pitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant futurePitcrw6 has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear this bad news. I hope the outcome is good. My prayers go out to you both.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Holy......! I struggled with saying something, but I remember how numbing this is. All prayers in the Tugly household are with you and yours.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 AM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
prayers for you and Cheryl, we can all say that we have been through it or know someone who has been through it but if we aren't in it right now it isn't the same.
stay strong and focus on Cheryl. looks like work is not a worry so don't worry about it.
God Bless you and Cheryl.
Bart

Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend
Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.
Devasting news. Our thoughts and prayers will be for your family hoping for the 4%...

Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..
papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
Holy unfair [email protected]@@@!!!! Cheryl's legacy isn't just those words, but for everyone that met you guys even once (and I've been lucky enough for twice!) there is an undeniable passion for life and enjoying it that is plainly evident in you two. You have all our best wishes and will be in our thoughts.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 AM
cookie88
Post Fiend
cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.
All our prayers barney.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 AM
kell104
Elder User
kell104 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Really sorry to hear that Barney, you have my prayers.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 AM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant future
Barney......don't give up the fight! I know you don't plan on it. My Dad got Cancer just in July, and after the treatments, he is now Cancer FREE! Lots of prayers sent your way, it can be done!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Calli
Senior User
Calli is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have the words but you both have my thoughts!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:13 AM
srteach
Elder User
srteach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.srteach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't know what to say, other than that our prayers are with both of you. Enjoy whatever is available to you guys, for as long as it is there.

BTW, where do you work so that I may be able to send some business their way. That is the kind of company I want to support.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:28 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by srteach View Post
I don't know what to say, other than that our prayers are with both of you. Enjoy whatever is available to you guys, for as long as it is there.

BTW, where do you work so that I may be able to send some business their way. That is the kind of company I want to support.

Barney walks all over the United States with a magic wand in his hand looking for gas leaks in cities and country side. Well, every where.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend
4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of4inchlovin has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear this Barney. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family while you guys fight this. God bless your boss for being do understanding and helping. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheryl's sick, trucks in mothballs

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.