1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

MY 1967 F-100 SHORT BED

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:08 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys !!

I love the dash. the GPS for the speedo is awesome and super easy to install.

here is the link to the place I got mine

www.classicdash.com talk to JJ he is the man great guy to work with

Old 05-22-2013, 01:59 PM
MIKES 68 F100
Logistics Pro
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Yes where do we get the abs dash ?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Thats from classic dash too

Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice looking short bed score. I'd like to find one that runs as well as yours. Thanks for all the pics.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
JUNE 4TH'ISH
GOT BORED FRIDAY AFTER WORK AND WELDED UP ALL THE HOLES IN THE BED FROM THE GAY HOOKS AND IT APPEARED IT ONCE HAD A SHELL ON IT. SO I WELDED UP SOME 40+ HOLES. FLAP WHEELED THEM DOWN AND HIT THEM WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF FLAT BLACK FOR THE TIME BEING....ALSO WJILE I WAS AT IT I DID THE EMBLEMS AND HOOD

I DID SOME RESEARCH AND IM SURE MOST EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CAN BUY COPPER SPOONS TO PLACE BEHIND THE THE HOLE THE AND JUST WELD IN THE HOLE. THE COPPER WONT LET THE WELD STICK TO IT...WELL NOT WANTING TO SPEND 60+ DOLLARS ON THE SPOONS I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT 2024 ALUMINUM DOES THE SAME THING :Big Grin: SO I USED IT AS A BACKER AND WELDED THEM ALL UP

TODAY

Well a new 306 cid big block 6 cyl is in the works, head has been ported, crane cam,springs, retainer's, balanced most of the cool **** done. compression should come in around 9-9.5:1 looking for a 4 barrel intake now for it and 89ish EFI exhaust manifolds so I can run dual straight pipes :Big Grin: if it's to loud i'll add glass packs......short ones :gapteeth: engine should be done in a week or so. once I ever get time i'll install it.
body work is being done now again when time permits and the plan is still to dip the truck but i might just paint the damn thing :dunno:

Old 06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking start. Should be a nice truck when you get it finished.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Originally Posted by elgemcdlf
Nice looking start. Should be a nice truck when you get it finished.

Well I hope so too..I ditched a yukon in favor of this truck and im still very happy with my choice. I get complements all the time on this truck even when it's ugly. your truck and the CV front clip is what got me inspired on this one. I have two other builds going other then this so it is tough.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM
carchub
Tuned
Really nice truck! I'm drooling myself! If I had it I wouldn't do the front end mod & whatnot, but that's just me, have fun!

Man I really want to find some white steelies like those, but 8-lug

Old 06-12-2013, 04:05 PM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1SAWB
Well I hope so too..I ditched a yukon in favor of this truck and im still very happy with my choice. I get complements all the time on this truck even when it's ugly. your truck and the CV front clip is what got me inspired on this one. I have two other builds going other then this so it is tough.
You have left me with some mighty big shoes to fill now haven't you? There is nothing like toolin around in an old truck.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 PM
jacks61ford
Senior User
Love it looks good

Old 06-12-2013, 10:09 PM
BigRobK
Junior User
On your fuel gauge did you opt for the after market sending unit (240/33 ohm) or did you keep the stock (73/10 ohm). If you kept the stock how is your accuracy?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Ford 67 Ford
Senior User
Good to see you're putting some work in. Cool looking dash. Later.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:21 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
haven't done a ton to the truck other then drive it. a couple of months ago while on the way to work the radiator exploded. The damn tank split about 8 inches on the upper. that parked me a few days to come up with the money. Once that was done the carb decided it was time to start messing with me. I tore it apart and found that the main jet had backed itself out somehow and was resting on the bottom of the float bowl which made it run pretty lean. anyways I fixed that and it was good for a few days then it started acting like it was starving for fuel or a major vacuum leak. I tested for a leak and nada so I said to hell with it and parked it until the new engine was finished.
The new engine will be a 300 cid bored .030 over. The head was originally ported by Yull brother's racing of the old pro stock days and it was supposed to have had larger valves and better springs. The engine was built and put on pallet then on a shelf where someone had sold off the 4 barrel intake and header. we tore it apart and everything is correct in it as stated but we wanted to be sure all was well. we rering'edededed it added new rod and main bearings since we are there already all new gaskets of course. while it was apart I wanted the compression higher so we zero decked the block which should come out close to 9.8:1. I honestly don't care about hauling with this truck other then hauling butt so I made a phone call to my friend at Comp Cams. told Brian what I was doing and that the truck needed to sound nasty and snotty. Brian laughed and said oookay I got a good one for you...he know's how I am and this build just needed to sound wicked. anyways a few days later a cam showed up and oh yes she will be snotty sounding

I also obtained a set of headers for the infamous Craigslist for 75 bones so those will be going on too

I got a phone call today that the engine is ready to be picked up!!!! oh happy day!!

only thing left that I need is a 4 barrel intake. I have a carb and everything else I need but I just can't bring myself to spend the money on a new intake lol been looking for a used one and just missed one for $100.00 from a local guy. anyways i'm sure now I'll break down and buy the damn thing from scummit. the plan is to R&R the old engine maybe this weekend. while its out I plan on painting the firewall and inner fenderwell's so I will be taking my time. when the new engine goes in i'll fab up some quick exhaust to break in the cam and then it will go to my buddies exhaust shop to run it out the rear. still debating on mufflers or straight pipe. the plan is 2" out the rear. thinking cherry bomb's and roll with it

that's all for now

Old 10-14-2013, 05:28 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Awesome project

Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Cool project! I agree with the Cherrybombs. They sound pretty good. Have good mesh to keep the fiberglass in place. And come in a million stupid cheap lengths.

Quick Reply: MY 1967 F-100 SHORT BED