1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

new here with a F6 coe

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 01:04 PM
coeboy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, went to my truck today to have a better look. The previous owner (who past away 4years ago) made it into 2 wheel drive and nobody knows where the original front axle is. So keeping it original is a bit difficult now. To be honest I like it low so I don't have to be ashamed to wreck the 4x4 because it's already done.
Next week it's going to be transported to my garage so then I could make some nice pictures.

here is a picture of the actual kilometers, no not miles but kph here in the Netherlands. 4511.5 km that's 2803 miles

the new front axle

and the engine

have a nice weekend

Old 09-23-2012, 07:49 PM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts
Other than the paint I see nothing in that truck that is not original. I still think modifying this truck would be a shame. For example, that is the only correct COE six cylinder with all the correct parts I have ever even seen pictures of. The updraft carb, the matching exhaust manifold, the horizontal spark plug wire holder, the heat sheild that matches the COE exhaust manifold, etc, etc. There are other COEs that are nowhere near this condition. I recommend modifying one of those.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
coeboy, it's your truck, build it however you want!

I can't imagine there are very many other COE's in the Netherlands (if any) to choose from......

Old 09-24-2012, 02:19 AM
coeboy
New User
38 coupe I understand what you mean but as tinman 52 said its hard so not even impossible to find an other ford coe truck here in the Netherlands or even in the surrounding countrys. But when I have my truck next week I'll take my time to think what to do whit the truck.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:20 AM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
My suggestion is to get it running and drive while you decide what to do, or not to do, to it.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What ever ya do Bud. Please flood us with pic's. Take pic's of everything. Even document it so others that want to see what was original will have the pic's to look at.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 AM
coeboy
New User
First thing todo is get it running so I can get a title and make it legal, strange laws here in the Netherlands.
I will take lot's of pics and place them in an album, and maybe open a build thread here.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Please do the build tread here. We may not like to see this one molested. BUT we will give ya all the help we can. And there is a wealth of knowledge here. I doubt there is anything you may do to your truck that someone on here has not already done.

And ya get it drivable first off. Than drive the wheels off and let her tell ya what she wants. Highway rear gears, power steering and power brakes than run the Autobahn. Maybe a roll back on her to haul the car or truck of your dreams.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:58 PM
coeboy
New User
Ofcourse I'll make the buildthread here and can use all of your knowledge, because there are only a few coe's here in Holland.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by coeboy
Ofcourse I'll make the buildthread here and can use all of your knowledge, because there are only a few coe's here in Holland.

And only one unmolested one. Just sayin

Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Great looking truck!

Main thing I would suggest is to get it driving and see what you like and don't. You'll be amazed at what grows on you that you thought you would have to swap out. Being able to drive it around a little will help make everything clear of what you want out of it and what to change or leave.

If it was converted to 4x4 and then back to 2wd, I recon the front axle had a major problem to it. Even if just the gears where blown out you could always leave it in and take off the front drive shaft so it's not a problem. But to take it out and swap it means changing many things, it causes it to sit lower going back to 2wd, and that effects the rear axles stance too. I suppose it is possible he wanted a different gear ratio in the rear and swapped axles out with a different truck though too...

If it has ANY of the 4x4 parts on it, keep them. Someone out there is looking for them and will pay well for their worth.

It's a sweat looking truck, that's for sure. Enjoy it! And keep us posted with pictures

Old 09-24-2012, 10:39 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
NIce looking COE, and Welcome to FTE.
there is a nice 52 F-6 COE with Marmon Herrington 4x4 somewhere in the Netherlands that I have Pictures of on the work computer. the guy did a chassis swap onto a mid to late eighties Chevy if I remeber correctly. I wonder what ever happened to that 4x4 chassis???

I'll post some pictures tommorow of it.
Ive got a 1950 C-6 COE that I need to sell, Need another one...

Cheers
Josh

Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
coeboy
New User
Yes Josh post some pictures of that dutch coe.
There are indeed a few nicely restored Ford coe's
here in Holland most of them by people who used
to drive one in the early days or in a museum.

There are also a few Chevy and GMC coe's which
were placed on a newer chevy chassis. I also have
a cab of a 49 chevy coe which I was planning on placing
on a 86 chevy dually chassis. But after I "discovered"
the Ford Coe, the love for the Chevy was over

Old 09-29-2012, 01:29 PM
coeboy
New User
Finally got the coe home today and good have a good look at it.
So the planning of the build can begin
It will take a few weeks before I get started but, first have to
search for some parts.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
I forgot to post up the picture.
here it is, I found this on the Hamb user name Trusty-T I think its been swapped onto a 70's Chevy chassis by now though... wonder what happened to the original drivetrain??
LAter
Josh

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: new here with a F6 coe