Sponsored by:

heads up for those looking for an cheap excursion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 PM
tims01
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heads up for those looking for an cheap excursion

I have come across two really cheap excursions for sale in my area .. both v10s and under $5000 in good condition . . i figured i would post this here for all to see just in case .. also there is a WVO conversion-ed 7.3 for sale to .. but its expensive lol information follows...

2000 FORD EXCURSION limited edition

We are selling our black & tan 2000 Ford Excursion Limited Edition 4x4. This is a very reliable car. Always had regular maintenance. Here is a run down= V-10 engine, auto transmission, CD changer, power windows, door locks, mirrors, seats, side rear windows etc. leather seats with a few blemishes, fresh air intake for better mpg. No major dents or dings, 195,000 easy miles, tires have about 80% tread.

Clean title in hand

Priced to sell!! $5,000 obo

503-522-7657 (call or text)
Or e-mail

2000 Ford excursion 4x4 Trans Aut. $3950 obo
Let me know what you have
Title in my name and reconstructed,

I believe the problem was on front left door
tag good until 2013.

Runs and drives
Miles: 124,000
Gas (no Diesel)

Thanks
Still for sale, I will delete the ad after sell the truck
No spam please

and the WVO ...

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/3279057077.html

I'm selling a 2001 Ford Excursion Limited Edition with a 7.3L Powerstroke diesel engine. Car has approx 110,000 miles (great mileage for this truck). The transmission was rebuilt at 100K miles. Seats 8 with lots of cargo room. Leather seats, power windows/locks/etc., 4x4, heated seats, 6-CD changer, bells and whistles.

I've converted this car to run on Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO), sometimes also called Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO). This is NOT the same as BioDiesel, which costs money. WVO is often free for collection from your local neighborhood restaurant, after they're done using it! Not only is it a renewable resource (it comes from veggies, after all), it is a carbon-neutral cycle, and the other byproducts of combustion are far less harmful than fossil fuels with chemical additives (sulpher). Typically, the WVO is filtered and then stored in a separate custom fuel tank that supplies a fuel system that is separate from the diesel system. For more information on how this works, see the following references:

Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems | Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems
Frybrid Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems

Or type WVO or SVO into your favorite search engine for a wealth of resources.

The WVO is stored in a 40gal tank under the chasis. The WVO is routed through an independent fuel pump to the engine block. The WVO system is completely independent from the stock diesel system, so there is no chance of cross-contamination. Links to many of the parts I used for the conversion can be provided upon request.

If you want a more specific description of the system, I would be happy discuss it with you.

I would say the rig is overall in "good" condition. There are some minor cosmetic flaws on the interior and exterior (for example, see minor dent in front right fender in first picture), nothing more than you'd expect from an 11 year old car.

If you are interested, please respond to this ad and PLEASE CONFIRM IN YOUR EMAIL THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS CAR HAS A WVO SYSTEM.

Price Reduced! Asking $15,000, reasonable offers considered.

EDIT: This post has been flagged for removal multiple times, my guess is with malicious intent. Please consider this message as proof that this is not SPAM - Daniel 9/17/12 7:57 pm. Go Ducks!