6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Good price for H&S Black Max / Mini Max w/ and w/o delete

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:42 PM
jdenny21
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good price for H&S Black Max / Mini Max w/ and w/o delete

<hr style="color:#D1D1E1; background-color:#D1D1E1" size="1"> Just curious what a good price for either a mini max or black max tuner is? Also, what are the advantages to either if any?

Same question regarding dpf and egr delete kits? Also, any brands preferred?

I plan on doing the work myself, so I'm just looking for the cost in parts.

Thanks all.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 PM
blue oval fan
Senior User
theres a group of us on here that has gone with the same guy. hopefully andrew sees this and chips in on this convo and will maybe give u a phone number

Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 PM
jdenny21
Senior User
edited / edited

Old 09-13-2012, 11:36 PM
blue oval fan
Senior User
mini max tuner, 5" straight pipe erg block off plates. i hope your going to do this... you will LOVE it!!

Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 PM
jdenny21
Senior User
Not bad; Andrew??????

Old 09-14-2012, 12:05 AM
blue oval fan
Senior User
The whole process with drinkin beer during took me around 7 hours. But keep in mind, it is REALLY helpful to have another person to help due to the size/ weight if the dumb stock exhaust pipe and I didn't most of the time, it was hot humid and I was thirsty and I am also not that good of a mechanic lol but I got it done and I'm obsessed!! U love ur truck now?? just wait till u put it on the hot setting n end up in the back seat! N to answer another one of ur questions, only difference I believe between black Max n mini max are screen size differences.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
bama29fan
Posting Guru
sgt93 had one for sale....?

thread is closed so im not sure if it sold.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...uper-duty.html

Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bama29fan
sgt93 had one for sale....?

thread is closed so im not sure if it sold.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...uper-duty.html
Thanks for the mention brother. My H&S and Blendmount arrived in San Antonio yesterday to its new owner (6.4 owner).

I do still have some H&S 6.7 EGR blocker plates (SKU # H&S 302202) retail for $37 and change I would probably give to someone if they pay shipping. Need to find them in the garage first (not an easy task LOL).

Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 AM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
I also bought the same kit as mentioned above, but was asked not to put the price out on the web. So I can neither confirm nor deny the price shown. I will tell you if you like loud then 5" and no muffler, but you do get an odd noise when the waste gate dumps the pressure when letting of the pedal, even at low speeds.

I didn't mind the noise as much as the weird squealish roarish sound. I took my system off after 5 days because we were going camping and it would rattle your brain after towing for 7 hours. So just be forewarned.

I just got my Flowmaster Hushpower Pro series muffler today and spent about 4 1/2 hours re-installing the 5" pipes, and cutting one down to fit the muffler. All I have left to do in the morning is the EGR block off plates and unplugging a couple wiring connectors under the hood.

I say if I had to do it again I would go 4" and get at least the small muffler they offer. Every place I checked had some type of muffler you can buy with the kit. Including Monster Performance Exhaust, which is where several have been buying.

Here's the guy's info, give him a call he'll answer or call you back pretty quickly, or at least he always did for me. I called on Sunday thinking I would leave a message and he answered. He must have the shop at his house or something. Anyway, he had it in the UPS Monday morning.

Dave
Monster Exhaust
870-580-0940
Monster Performance Exhaust-diesel_performance_exhaust_tips

To answer your question about H&S tuner, the Mini Maxx has the same functions as the Black Maxx, it's just a lot smaller.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
jdenny21
Senior User
I have made two attempts (one just minutes ago) to contact Monster exhaust via the "contact us" form on the website. We'll see if they respond, if not, my $$$ will go elsewhere.

As a business owner myself, it drives me insane seeing businesses not following up on leads willing to hand them $$$...

Thanks for the info though.

Does anyone else have any recommendations as a source for H&S tuners and delete components.

Thanks all.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM
jdenny21
Senior User
Originally Posted by jdenny21
I have made two attempts (one just minutes ago) to contact Monster exhaust via the "contact us" form on the website. We'll see if they respond, if not, my $$$ will go elsewhere.

As a business owner myself, it drives me insane seeing businesses not following up on leads willing to hand them $$$...

Does anyone else have any recommendations as a source for H&S tuners and delete components.

Thanks all.
I'm please to say that Dave w/ Monster followed up this morning; his prices were good and he provided exactly what I requested.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM
jdenny21
Senior User

Thanks all.
I'm pleased to say that Dave w/ Monster followed up this morning; his prices were good and he provided exactly what I requested.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
jdenny21
Senior User

Thanks all.
Dave contacted me via email and provided the reply he sent just hours after my initial inquiry; somehow his email didn't come though b/c I did not receive the email (checked spam, trash, etc), but it was sent.

Technology failed us lol, and I apologize for calling him out if it sounded that way... which I intended it too... My bad.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:10 AM
blue oval fan
Senior User
Let us now how u like the truck once u got all of this done!!