05 Escape Anti-Theft Alarm going off - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

05 Escape Anti-Theft Alarm going off

Old 11-07-2014, 12:43 PM
New User

dsmith2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is possible to get access to the switch, but if it were me, I would have a replacement door latch in case I'm not able to put it back together! Springs, gears, pins, rods, all those crammed into a very small area.
Try isolating the culprit door first, bypass it and see what happens. If its a front door, "I" would bite the bullet and replace the latch only because when you remove the keys from the ignition the accessory stays on until one of two things have to happen. 1) you open one of the 2 front doors, or 2) the accessory times out at 10 minutes.
Now if it were the passenger doors, I would simply bypass using Fordjunky"s method and save the money.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Junior User

fordjunkyNC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWitteried View Post
Question: is it possible to remove and clean the micro switch?
Note my 6th picture.
You can get to the micro switch but its casted into the plastic housing.
The micro switch isn't the issue, the issue is the burning of that thin flat wire noted in my 6th picture.
Theres also no contact points on the micro switch to run a new wire (to take place of the burnt wires).

Old 11-08-2014, 10:54 AM
New User

dsmith2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok, so the door latch that I attempted to open contains both the micro switch and the motor that unlocks the door. Does it also contain that flat ribbon cable that burnt through, or is the cable mounted externally to the latch? Your pic exposed the internals of the latch but I was unable to tell if it was enclosed. Thanks Fordjunky
Old 11-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Junior User

fordjunkyNC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith2 View Post
Ok, so the door latch that I attempted to open contains both the micro switch and the motor that unlocks the door.
Does it also contain that flat ribbon cable that burnt through
Yes, Its a 1 piece unit/box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith2 View Post
or is the cable mounted externally to the latch?
The only thing external of this "door-latch/anti-thief" unit/box is the door latch release arm (for manually opening of the door) & the large rectangle electrical plug (where I added the jumper wire).
Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 AM
New User

alyssablngr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Alarm problem

Prior to me purchasing my Escape, I had very similar problems to those that you are all portraying with the sensor in my back hatch triggering the alarm in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. They had replaced the sensor multiple times, and nothing. Ultimately, what the problem had turned out the be was that my ECM was going and I needed to replace it. An expensive fix, but it solved my problem. That may be something to think about!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:12 AM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
I don't see how an ECM (Engine Control Module) would know or care about a back hatch....
Old 03-31-2015, 11:47 AM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
It doesn't on a Ford, but the noobie was relating to a Jeep Cherokee. About as useful as comparing a pitcher's ERA to a quarterback's performance rating.....
Old 03-31-2015, 07:07 PM
New User

alyssablngr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well a car is a car, and the electronic control module just happened to be the problem with mine so I figured sharing the information might be helpful to someone in the future. No hostility needed.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:12 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.projectSHO89 has a spectacular reputation.
No hostility was intended, but, despite your wish to be helpful, relaying irrelevant or flat out wrong "information" is just the opposite.

Learn the systems first, then offer advice.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:47 PM
New User

Sharkster54 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Which wires to jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordjunkyNC View Post
2005 escape anti-theft door ajar alarm

On my wifes 2005 escape (the right rear door) I removed the mechanism out of the door & took it apart,
(it has some of that thin flat wiring material like you would see on computer boards or on the back of some speedometer cluster panels) well the wiring from the large plug to the anti-theft micro switch has burnt in half for some apparent reason (leaving the anti-theft switch open).
There is no way to re-solder or say replace these wire contacts that are burnt.

I ended using a jumper in the harness right at this box in the door (a guy on youtube jumped his at where the harness feeds from the door to the body.

(Oh & just a FYI: theres only 2 electronic parts in the door box mechanism, 1) is theanti-theft micro switch & 2) the small electric motor for the door lock (like you would see in a razor or a small motorized toy) LoL.

I took pictures that I can post if anyones interested.
Hey fordjunkyNC.. You still on this forum? I got a POS 06 Escape doing the alarm thing too and I was wondering which wires to tap the jumpers into..

Thanks man!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:13 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkster54 View Post
Hey fordjunkyNC.. You still on this forum? I got a POS 06 Escape doing the alarm thing too and I was wondering which wires to tap the jumpers into..

Thanks man!
I saw in your pix which wires to jump.. When I asked the question, I had already been up for 42 hours... Damn insomnia...

Thanks for all your hard work and information!!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:18 PM
New User

Ok guys... these are pix of the power plug for the front passenger door of my 06 Escape.. I can see that it looks different than what is shown in fordjunkyNc's pix..

Any idea which wires I should jump? Would love to get this thing to stop setting the alarm off.. I did the open windows and lock doors trick.. the front passenger did not set off the alarm..

Many thanks guys!!!

Which ones to jump?

Old 09-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Elder User

scott91370 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.scott91370 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
He hasn't been here since March, but that doesn't mean he won't swing back through. You could send him a PM and he will probably get an email letting him know.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Post Fiend

Ground the dark blue wire. The white/black wire is supposed to be ground. Check the ground integrity first.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:21 PM
New User

Would it help to run a jumper from the dark blue wire to the black/white wire? Would that bypass the door ajar switch? Or should I just tap into the dark blue wire and ground it, not cutting it?
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/D...dPdf?id=123309

Wiring diagram

Last edited by Sharkster54; 09-13-2015 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Addition