Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

visiting colorado

Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
visiting colorado

The girlfriend and I are driving out to Colorado the last 2 weeks in August.
Any ideas on what to do or see? Wenknow we are going but haven't planned anything yet. Driving out in the corola or focus so no truck. She also wands to look at realestste while out there. She wants to move but that's another whole story. How is the job market outthere. She's an office worker that wants to write for a living and I'm a computer mechanic. My only issue with moving is I would have to loos my 2 bump sides and possibly one of my other vehicles (focus or ranger). Again another story.

But back to things to see and do during the week and a half we are going to be out there.

Thanks.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:17 PM
CS79bronco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on what you want to do & see. Lots of mountains, sand dunes, Native American dwellings, fishing, river rafting, just about anything you could think of. Google Colorado & you can get loads of info. I love the Colorado Springs area, but I live here so...but the whole state is scenic, except maybe the eastern plains, and I suppose the plains would be scenic to lots of people. I lived in Texas most of my life so the plains are not interesting any more. Probably some other folks will put up more info. Hope you have a wonderful & safe trip.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 AM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
plan what cities you will be in/near and how much time you will have there and we can tell you what would be good to see around there.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I'm in Pueblo and can recommend a few activities and sights to see near here. If you're going ot be in this area, I-25 and or Highway 50, let me know. A few suggestions would be the Royal Gorge Bridge near Canon City, Bishops Castle near Pueblo, the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad out of Alamosa (near the Sand Dunes National Park), Pikes Peak, just to name a few attractions. Also the rail trip though the canyon below the Royal Gorge Bridge. This is the worlds highest suspension bridge, 1053 ft. above the Arkansas River. a lot of attractions near Colorado Springs as well.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:01 AM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
everybody in the colorado chapter seems to be from the springs area...

I highly recommend a trip up to estes park, check out the stanley hotel, go for a drive in rocky mountain national park. always stuff to do in denver, red rocks ampitheater, tons of microbreweries up and down the front range, so on and so forth.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know she wants to go to co springs And that it was mentioned about the ampa theater. She actually lived in co for a few years when she was under 10 years old. Seemed her mom and her bounced between tx and co for a few years.

She did find a nice b&b she wanted to stay at bit as of a month ago it was allready full. Guess I need to start looking at a map so I know where you guys are talking about. I just wasn't sure if co was a place that had 1 or 2 good tourist spots and a bunch of "why are you going there" spots. It seems like the whole state is a tourist trap.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
There are a lot of "tourist traps", but a lot more very interesting places to see and visit. One place I think is a must see near Pueblo is Bishops Castle. Free to visit and climb around, and the story is unique, as well as the guy building it. Google "Bishops Castle" and read both the official site as well as the Springs Gazettes article. The later is a few years old and the castle has definitely changed. It is especially entertaining if Bishop is there ranting about the government!
The suggestion about Estes Park and Ricky Mountain National park is also spot on.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rikfish
I'm in Pueblo and can recommend a few activities and sights to see near here. If you're going ot be in this area, I-25 and or Highway 50, let me know. A few suggestions would be the Royal Gorge Bridge near Canon City, Bishops Castle near Pueblo, the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad out of Alamosa (near the Sand Dunes National Park), Pikes Peak, just to name a few attractions. Also the rail trip though the canyon below the Royal Gorge Bridge. This is the worlds highest suspension bridge, 1053 ft. above the Arkansas River. a lot of attractions near Colorado
Springs as well.
I almost bunjee jumped off that
bridge once

Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

why the hesitation?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by muscletruck7379
why the hesitation?

No hesitation for this proud Ford owner!!! What happened was we had no idea that each Labor Day weekend they allow BASE jumpers to jump off the bridge, all legitimate of course. We just decided to take some friends from out of town there that day and by the time we got there and realized what the eff they were doing, I wanted to sign up but they stopped it for the day because it was late and some gusty winds caused an accident, not terrible, broken leg.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 AM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

I retract my previous statement, i was kinda worried about our fearless leader there for a second.

on another note, I would punch myself in the face to go base jumping, didn't know they did so there, now i gotta get down there!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 PM
CS79bronco
Senior User
I just don't understand why anyone would jump off a bridge. That's like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane for no reason.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:49 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Just had a jumper there a month or so ago, no bungee, no chute. Have one of those every so often....

Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

Originally Posted by CS79bronco
I just don't understand why anyone would jump off a bridge. That's like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane for no reason.
I thought thats why airplanes had doors!

getting a little off subject but a while back a friend of mine had a dream he was on a plane and the pilot came out of the cockpit, yelled "I quit!" and promptly opened the door and jumped out...

Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
CS79bronco
Senior User
Hmmm, sounds like a bad dream for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: visiting colorado