Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

September: All Topic Chat making use of my time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 AM
F250W6.0
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile September: All Topic Chat making use of my time?

Well I am up enjoying the humidity,not griping though mind you just stating facts.I thank God above for the rain we received and will gladly pay the price of a lil moist air after.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:28 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a shame we didn't get as much of the needed rain as the folks around Central Arkansas. Got to watch a thunderstorm last night while sitting on the river bridge. Really cool to watch the tops of the clouds flash in different areas, had almost forgot what something like that looks like since it had been soooo long since we'd had real rainfall around this parts.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:43 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
We've gotten 5" so far and it's raining again

5" too much... it couldnt have waited a week?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No idea how much we got. It rained lightly for a couple days in Branson. Sunny and hot yesterday and today. I'm hoping to get the kids interested in walking the cave at silver dollar city this afternoon, otherwise I may melt. Haven't seen 100 degrees in a month.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM
F250W6.0
Mountain Pass
We had 1.5" here as of Saturday, we could have used that much more and still be in the hole for annual rainfall. Kinda looking forward to fall temps even though I am really wanting to get another cutting of hay. The fall temps are going to bring my injector problem to light though, and I really need to get that fixed so I will be happy either way.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:21 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cookie88
No idea how much we got. It rained lightly for a couple days in Branson. Sunny and hot yesterday and today. I'm hoping to get the kids interested in walking the cave at silver dollar city this afternoon, otherwise I may melt. Haven't seen 100 degrees in a month.
Haven't done the cave yet at SDC.. the water rides would be nice today.

We got right at 7" here total.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:27 AM
F250W6.0
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by tojoski
Haven't done the cave yet at SDC.. the water rides would be nice today.

We got right at 7" here total.
I'm with you Joe, the cave I have not done mainly cause of so many steps up and down but, also I am too LAZY ......LOL The water rides sound like a great idea, and you know the kids are gonna love it!!

Too bad the run off from that much rain could not run uphill to my part of the state.....

Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Only 2.7" here in the southern part of the state we really needed much more.
But on another note, just got back from my river camp, speny the last three days there with my sweetie I really have some incentive to finish the place now, she wants to live there fulltime

Old 09-06-2012, 06:10 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by F250W6.0
I'm with you Joe, the cave I have not done mainly cause of so many steps up and down
I thought the 70 stories of steps would be more challenging. Really didn't even notice them, was too busy being awed by the view. It was very awesome!

Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I really have some incentive to finish the place now, she wants to live there fulltime
Can't wait to meet her. You coming up when we Christen Joe's shop?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:46 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I thought the 70 stories of steps would be more challenging. Really didn't even notice them, was too busy being awed by the view. It was very awesome!
Have you ever been through the caves at Blanchard?

How does the one at SDC compare?

Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Sorry I've been keeping a low profile lately guys...no I haven't been working on the truck before certain folks (cough, Scott) jump to the conclusion that my beloved 6.0L has an new problem. It's only problem is the price of fuel...but ain't nothing I can do with that. I'm just glad the holiday week is over, talk about stuck behind the eight ball all last week.

If anyone needs a gag idea...this is what we did to my son for his birthday Saturday....

He had been bugging me all the time about using my Nikon...I'm glad he's an interested in photography as I am...but a $800 DSLR isn't something I like a 12 year old running around with. Thus well dropped the $200 for his own little PHD (push here dummy) digital camera. He's thrilled with it and on our first outing Sunday with it...he was having a good time. Almost forgot to say that each box (four of them) were WELL taped...didn't want the wrapping paper to come loose accidentally!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:57 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by tojoski
Have you ever been through the caves at Blanchard?

How does the one at SDC compare?
I have not been to any other "tourist" cave.

Originally Posted by zhilton
I haven't been working on the truck before certain folks (cough, Scott) jump to the conclusion that my beloved 6.0L has an new problem.
Hmmmmm..... I can't imagine why you would think I would do something like that. I know full well that the 6.0 is bulletproof and indestructible.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:06 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Hmmmmm..... I can't imagine why you would think I would do something like that. I know full well that the 6.0 is bulletproof and indestructible.
If it wasn't for the fact I know your nose is about to hit the screen as it grows...I'd say we agree on something else.

Only in a 6 liter can you drive 200 miles on a cracked injector tip at highway speeds....nervously, but did it none-the-less.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by zhilton
Only in a 6 liter can you drive 200 miles on a cracked injector tip at highway speeds....nervously, but did it none-the-less.
It smelled so good puking all that white smoke out too. An added benefit.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
It smelled so good puking all that white smoke out too. An added benefit.
Your dang skippy it's an added benefit...keeps those pesky Hybrid drives from tailgating me. And I did get a tax rebate from the State for helping keep the insect population under control. Got to think outside the box there Scott.

Quick Reply: September: All Topic Chat making use of my time?