Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Indiana's September 2012 welcoming in the Autumnal Equinox w/lots of BS & other non-essential stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Morning Joe!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Morning Joe!
Morning to you too !

Old 09-07-2012, 10:00 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
So, what's the agenda for the weekend, Joe?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Question

Originally Posted by 97nukeford
So, what's the agenda for the weekend, Joe?

Which Joe are you reffering to ?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,983 Likes on 1,593 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Good Morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well...another week is almost behind us!...we're expecting some pretty serious storms to blow through here this afternoon...hopefully they will make hay and get through early as Mia has her cross-country team showing up tonight for a gathering/campfire out side...I'd hate to see the team get spooked by the rain/storms...so hopefully they will move through early and the team can have their gathering!

Have a great day everyone!

Joe.
Joe.....Maybe the X-Country Team can out run the storms...........

Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Thanks guys!

We really like the new addition...it truly is luxurious and will be a very nice way to travel around the country until I can retire and we can travel in it permanently!

Rick...as far as Tracey driving it...it is really very easy to do...just the size of it may make it intimidating for her but there's really no reason to be intimidated...the only thing to remember is that your "steer" wheels are behind the driver which necessitates you having to be INTO the intersection before initiating a turn...very similar to how those of us that tow trailers/travel trailers/fifth wheels know to get into the intersection for the "swing" of the trailer so we don't run up on a curb or opposing traffic/etc...that's really about it...oh and that you're 30K#'s rolling down the road and it takes a while to stop!
Joe, I drove a tractor trailer for ANR Freight System for more than 20 years. I just wondered if Tracey is willing to give it a try?

Old 09-08-2012, 04:55 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Good morning. My plan for today is to watch another NASCAR race.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Good morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well...Zoe has finished eating some breakfast and I ran her over to the school to catch the bus for her cross country meet...

Mia gets to sleep until 7:45...she just has practice today...

Last night was fun for her and her team...despite the relentless rain...it wasn't a downpour but more of a constant wetness...I kept the fire going thru the rain and the kids hung out either in the garage (3 bay with tables and chairs) and they were able to go and toast marshmellows at the fire...side note...they had JUST sat down around the fire in a ring of chairs and had maybe 15 minutes before the rain started...bummer for them really...BUT...they adapted as they should...some hung out in the garage, some went downstairs into our pretty big finished basement (1900 sq. ft) where there's the WII game on one TV and the big screen TV in the other room by the pool table...so they had plenty to do...but I had to give the "speech" that there was alcohol down there and we were trusting that they would not touch it because if they did I would have to report it to their coach and they would be immediately removed from the cross country team...I told them we were trusting that they could act like the fine trained athletes they were...one of the senior girls actually said "we're runners"...I said yeah but you're all still teenagers!...

The last teen left about 11pm...not too bad and there was about 40-50 of them here...so a great turn out for my daughter and her friend that were "hosting"...

Her friends parents are very good friends of our so they hung out with Tracey and I and we had dinner and a couple of adult beverages together...a fine time had by all and believe it or not these kids did not really make much of a mess...a good group of hard working teens...their cross country team is one of the best in the state too...dedicated bunch for sure!

So on a side note...I believe I have sold my Henlsey Arrrow hitch...I posted it on a few classified sites and got a hit last night after only 2 days on this one site...so that's good...the guy is sending me a check for 1/4 of the agreed to price and then he'll be driving by Fort Wayne at the end of the month and will pick up the hitch and pay me cash for the balance...so that's a good thing...we'll see if the check arrives and if it clears I guess...he sounded legit and if the deposit check clears...well then...he is!...so after Zoe's meet today I'll stop by the RV dealer that has our trailer and I'll pull the hitch...that in and of itself will greatly UNcomplicate the sale of the trailer because I was trying to sell the trailer with the hitch as an "option"...which was really hosing things up on price...so now it will just be the trailer...so we'll see...it feels good to have some cash flowing IN right now after all the cash that has flowed OUT over the last couple of weeks...LOL...

Speaking of cash flowing out...next week we'll take the new Liberty to the other local RV dealership to have it outfitted for flat towing behind the coach...that is not cheap either...basically that installation of the hitch and wiring will consume 3/4 of the hitch sale...oh well...easy come...easy go...ha-ha.

So...it has FINALLY cooled down here in Indiana...it is about time!...and it will continue to cool off in the coming days...

I leave for Cali tomorrow morning...and will be traveling out there the next 3 straight weeks too...oh joy...but we're making progress and it keeps the bills paid!

Oh yeah...Zoe and I have to get some range time in too...the youth deer season is right around the corner...the only time I'll get to spend with her is the weekend before youth season which youth season is September 29 and 30...so we'll get out on that Friday the 21st and Saturday and Sunday the 22nd and 23rd...we need to go put the blinds up in the woods too!...I may do the blinds that Friday the 21st while she is at school...I fly home that Thursday the 20th...I also need to put my tree stand(s) up that day too...

Hope everyone has a great Saturday...we've got Mia's family birthday gathering here today after the meet too...busy busy as they say...but then again...I'll sleep when I'm dead...living life as best we can!

I'll check in as I can.

Thanks for keeping the chatter going guys!

joe.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:11 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi everyone.
Good looking rig Joe.
Everyone's invited down to the coast for The Cruzin' The Coast event the 7th through the 14th of October.
We are setting up a dedicated location for FTE members to gather the last weekend of the event.
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - The Mississippi Chapter & Cruising The Coast
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Awww Gus, Its August Again...

I do hope that some of you may be able to make it down to the gathering.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good morning truckers everywhere, have a great weekend.....

Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well I just checked in for my flight at 10am this morning...I've still got a few things to do before I shower and head to the airport...but I figured I'd swing in and say HEY!

Mia's 15th family party went very nicely last evening...we actually started a little fire in the fire pit as the temps dropped pretty quickly last night...the party broke up about midnight...it was fun for sure...we have great neighbors and family and they were all here for the celebration!

I'll spend this week in SoCal...get home Thursday...I plan to take Friday off (at least half day) to get the grass mowed and coach packed since we'll be camping (lol) down in Anderson at Mounds State Park...we really like Mounds...we'll be camping with a fellow FTE'r and RV.neter (JBarca) and his wife and hopefully another RV.netter (Turk2500)...Turk has been caring for his aging mom with alzheimers moving her from nursing facility to another after she has had a few falls/surgerey...so he needs a break but this weekend may not work out for him as he has a lot on his plate right now...hopefully he can get away for some much needed R&R...if you are so inclined...both he and his mom could use a few prayers...thanks.

Zoe had a great x-country meet yesterday over at Indian Springs...she missed a plaque by 2 spots...she was bummed...got a ribbon though...she ran her 3K race in 13:45...she's doing great!...her and I will have to get some range time in as youth season is right around the corner...i'm planning on the weekend of the 21 and 22 for that as well as putting the blinds in the woods...

Mia has a meet next Saturday at Carmel...hence our trip to Anderson...she's doing great too...she's running low 24's in her 5K's...she is shooting for 21's so she can letter...not sure if she can make that this year...but we told her she could if she worked and put her mind to it...and if she didn't...no matter what we're VERY PROUD OF HER!...she's doing great too!

As an aside...my fastest 5K is in the 26's...so she smokes this 47 year old man...actually they both do...LOL...

Well...stuff to do...tick tock...but wanted to say MORNING!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Joe.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Originally Posted by shorebird
Hi everyone.
Good looking rig Joe.
Everyone's invited down to the coast for The Cruzin' The Coast event the 7th through the 14th of October.
We are setting up a dedicated location for FTE members to gather the last weekend of the event.
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - The Mississippi Chapter & Cruising The Coast
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Awww Gus, Its August Again...

I do hope that some of you may be able to make it down to the gathering.
Bryan,

Would LOVE to take the bus down to meet y'all...sadly that isn't in the cards for this year...

Our girls fall break is the weekend of October 19th...and we're heading to the Smokies/Pigeon Forge for a long weekend...

Mississippi is on our list...but the "loop" I am playing with for when we hit Miss, AR and LA has us passing through Miss...on our way to New Orleans...from from or to Memphis...nothing is set at this point and that trip won't happen until at least 2014 as 2013 has us going east for some beach time...NJ and either VA beach or Nags Head...

Thanks for the links...spread the word...someone will make the trip from somewhere on FTE!

Joe.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good Sunday morning everybody, the sun is out here so that's good.....

howdy Joe

Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Good morning everyone !

Originally Posted by KingBigJoe
I would think that those who are already locked in to the chase as of right now will not change at the end of the race on saturday. Uht Oh... Joe whipped out his NASCAR prediction again on FTE . So far I've been correct 50% percent of the time. Mark my words there son...
It looks like I had some crow here... Jeff Gordon made the chase not Kyle Busch . Now, I'm accurate 33% of the time...

Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Howdy Joe, I hate jeff Gordon

Quick Reply: Indiana's September 2012 welcoming in the Autumnal Equinox w/lots of BS & other non-essential stuff!