Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

a house story..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
a house story..

Some of you are up to date on what's going on, but some may not know.

In Feb we put our house up for sale, and quickly found another house that we loved. We bid on it, but got out bid and we were heartbroken.
Well, we decided we would look at other houses, and really didn't find much we liked, and were afraid to do much of anything till our house went under contract.
In March the house that we originally bid on came back on sale, we found out they parents bid on it for their kids, then the kids came and looked and didn't like it, so they backed out. We kind of refused to do anything more on that house until there was more interest in our house.
We made a few attempts to go look at a few houses, but still didn't find anything that met our needs over the next several months. We were only half hearted when looking at houses, mostly knowing that we couldn't do anthing on them till our house was under contract, plus none of them really fit us like we were wanting.
In late August, someone finally bid on our house, and we went under contract. The house that we originally bid on was our focus, and we set up an appointment Friday to go see it and if we still liked it, but Saturday we found out that we were a few days too late, it was already under contract and was scheduled to be inspected on Monday.
We scurried around and looked at a bunch of houses within just a few days and found the one we like, it was the last one the realitor showed us. We talked about it a few days and put in a bid, the owners were willing to work with us and sent back a counter offer, we found it to be reasonable, so agreed to it, so we are now under contract with them on that house, contigent on the sale of our house.
We met last night with the realitor selling that house, to go over the changes that we called for in the offer, and look over the house again.
Its a brand new home with a 5 year warranty, it came with a large bonus room, and an unfinished bedroom and bathroom, but we have asked them to finish the unfinished bedroom and bathroom, and to add extra parking, by pouring a large cement pad on the side of the house out to the sidewalk, and they agreed when they signed the contract.
We have put a huge chunk of change into this house and nearly refuse to spend much more, we are going to take quite a hit on this house considering what we spent and what we put into it, but when the house wasn't selling, we jokingly said we would give it away just to move away from our current neighbors. (only I wasn't joking, I literally would have gave the house away at the time)
Inspection on our current house is scheduled for tomorrow, so wish us luck!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:42 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Good luck on the whole deal Curtis. Stressful and exciting times.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Yeah! very stressful, and scary, and disappointing, and exciting...... wow!! its like a horror movie!!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Good Luck Curtis.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 PM
bigswede
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best wishes to you and family. You guys really deserve a wide streak of good luck. Not unlike the wide streak in your undies your wife likes to joke about. Just saying..

Old 08-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats and Goodluck

Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
The inspection is done, they didn't share any info with us, other than when I asked him, he said everything looked pretty good, and nothing major, but he was going to submit the info to the buyer. So rather than getting started on the list now while I have a three day weekend, I have to wait till I am really busy to try to fit in a bunch of junk to fix. GRRR

Old 08-31-2012, 08:03 PM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Awesome news dude, good luck on the next few weeks!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations Curtis on the new home.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Well at least they didn't find anything Major :-)

Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 AM
74 bronco
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is everything still moving forward?

Old 09-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
So far, Julie called me on Saturday, the VA inspector called on Friday and scheduled to come by and appraise the house on Saturday. The guy showed up for 10 minutes on Sat, and said he had to hurry to finish so he could go pick up his wife and go to the game.. All I can say is it better appraise for what we need out of it, or I am going to have words with the guy. Its just kind of the biggest thing we got going on at this point in our lives, and he only gives us 10 minutes of his time?
Now its a sit and wait, as they have up to 3 weeks to get an appraisal back to us which is a real time crunch for us, because they need three weeks to finish the work on the house that we are trying to buy. At that point we need to be moving in.. wish we could figure out a way to make this run smoother!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Getting Anxious!!!

So.. I signed up for a Diebold class in Atlanta for Monday thru half of Thursday about 4 months ago. I was planning on flying up on Sunday, flying home on Thursday, and taking Friday off to begin the move.

The Diebold Corporate Travel called and scheduled my flight to Atlanta on Monday, and my flight home on Friday

I sent the itenerary to Julie and she sent it back to me asking me to verify the dates. yep.. they changed the schedule, and apparently I was not informed. Now... I don't get home till after 10:00pm on Friday Probably later since I am flying out of Atlanta, then have to be ready to move on Saturday.. Grrrr...

Old 09-20-2012, 07:55 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Need some help? I hope to be walking on my heel after I see a medical provider today.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Yeah, I imagine we could use all the help we can get!

Quick Reply: a house story..